You limited your search to:

  Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

Date: 1960~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's second synagogue, located in the 800 block Taylor Street, Fort Worth, Texas. The synagogue, constructed in 1906 at a cost of $15,000, was a two-story brick building with stained-glass windows, a sanctuary with a balcony for women, and basement classrooms. The Hebrew phrase above the door translates to: "1906 Ahavath Sholom." The congregation worshiped in this synagogue from 1906 to 1951. The building was torn down to create a parking lot.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

Date: September 1952
Creator: W. D. Smith Commercial Photography
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's third synagogue, located at the intersection of Eighth Avenue and Myrtle Street in Fort Worth, Texas. The $400,000 building, designed by architect Charles O. Chromaster and built by Rambo Construction Co., was completed in the Fall of 1952.The congregation remained at that location until December 1980.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

Date: 1980
Creator: unknown
Description: Congregation Ahavath Sholom's fourth synagogue, designed by architect Martin Growald, constructed by contractor Perry McCord and completed in December 1980. The $3.5 million synagogue was located on 12 acres at the corner of Hulen Street and Briarhaven Road. The photograph is taken at night time, and there are lights shining on the building's white stone facade. The words "Congregation Ahavath Sholom" and the congregation's logo are on the exterior of the building.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue Construction]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue Construction]

Date: 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's fourth synagogue under construction. In the image, only the frame of the synagogue has gone up and there is a crane parked to the right of the building. Construction on the synagogue began in 1979 at the corner of Hulen Street and Briarhaven Road, in Fort Worth, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
AZA Banquet

AZA Banquet

Date: March 11, 1947
Creator: Photographic Engineers
Description: Photograph of an Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA) Banquet in the ballroom of Fort Worth's Hebrew Institute in the 800 block Taylor Street. The banquet room contains a stage and a piano in the background of the photograph. Members are seated at long tables. From left to right, the members of the photograph are: Cooks (back left, standing): Joe Zenick, Manny Solomon, P.D. Mallin, Sidney Cohen, "Uncle" Lou Cohen. Head Banquet Table (along the stage in the back, to the right of the cooks): Mary Frances Ginsberg, Robert Lidell, Ann Lidell, Rabbi Isadore Garsek, Sadye Mae Garsek, Rabbi Prero, R.D. Moses, Idelle Engelberg, Reuben Daiches, Mrs. Reuben Daiches, Mickey Goldman, Charlotte Max Goldman, unidentified, Adelene Zeff. Members seated at the foreground tables are listed from bottom right to back left. Table 1, row 1: Hy Glickman, Rose Glickman, Ada Robinson, M.Y. Robinson, Mr. Schwartz, Mrs. Schwartz, Mary Sankary, Ann Cohen, Ben Cohen, Selma Tiras, Miss Sankary, unidentified woman, Max Gilbert. Table 1, row 2: Goldie Tills, Joe Tills, Mrs. Kruger, Mr. Kruger, Herb Berkowitz, Adele Natkin, Sue Louis, Gloria Holtzman, Herbert Cooles, Mr. Gilbert, Charlie Levinson, Sam Anton, Bess Levinson, Sarah Anton. Table 2, row 1: Joe Siegel, Leon Tiras, Joe ...
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[B'nai B'rith Youth District Convention]

[B'nai B'rith Youth District Convention]

Date: June 1956
Creator: Robertson, Paul
Description: Photograph of the teenagers at a 1956 B'nai B'rith Youth Organization (BBYO) district convention n Montgomery, Alabama. The conclave was at Huntingdon College. The male wing of the organization is called Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA), and the female wing is called B'nai B'rith Girls (BBG). Text at the bottom of the photograph says, "BBYO District 7 Convention, Huntington College June 5-10, 1956 Montgomery, Ala."
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Book Fair Poster 1965]

[Book Fair Poster 1965]

Date: 1965
Creator: unknown
Description: Poster for the annual book fair "sponsored by the Council of Jewish Women," as noted on the front on the poster. Full poster text reads: "Book Fair, Give your Books Now to be Sold at Nominal Prices at the BOOK FAIR, APRIL 3 thru 11, SEMINARY SOUTH SHOPPING Center. PHONE WA3-7495 for FREE PICK-UP. PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT TARRANT COUNTY Youth Projects."
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Book Fair Poster 1979]

[Book Fair Poster 1979]

Date: 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Poster for the annual book fair sponsored by the Fort Worth, Texas section of the National Council of Jewish Women, as noted on the front of the poster. The full poster text reads: "THE 21st YEAR BOOK FAIR, MARCH 11 - MARCH 19, At the Lena Pope Home, corner of Hulen and West Freeway (I-20). Sponsored by Ft. Worth Section of the NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN. All kinds of books for sale at nominal prices, proceeds for TARRANT COUNTY COMMUNITY PROJECT. Deposit your used books in barrels located throughout the city."
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
Family Night at La Grave Field

Family Night at La Grave Field

Date: August 1952
Creator: B'nai B'rith Lodge
Description: Flyer promoting "Family Night at La Grave Field" with the Fort Worth Cats, a minor league baseball team from Fort Worth, Texas. The flyer is promoting a game between the Cats and a team in Houston, Texas. There is an illustration of a baseball player holding a bat.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Fort Worth Cats Flyer]

[Fort Worth Cats Flyer]

Date: April 1953
Creator: unknown
Description: Illustrated flyer for a Men's Club brunch at Congregation Ahavath Sholom featuring as guest speakers ball players from the Fort Worth Cats, the local minor league baseball team. The flyer invites all members to come enjoy food, baseball and festivities at the Sunday brunch, April 12, 1953. There is an illustration of a cowboy holding a lasso, a baseball and a baseball bat on the flyer.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives