You limited your search to:

  Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Photograph of Telephone Operators]

[Photograph of Telephone Operators]

Date: April 1954
Creator: Kilman Studio
Description: Telephone operators taking time out for a celebration. Calendar behind them reads "April 1954". Woman seated second to right appears to be holding some sort of phone equipment. Seated from left to right: Anita Winkel, Doris Kolmeier, Dorothy Besier, Julia Helmers, Irene Ketron Eckhardt, Ruby Schumann Reeh. Standing left to right: Mildred Nixon, Gladys Juenke, Elizabeth Weber, Dorothy Wehmeyer Weinheimer, Frances Moellendorf Stevens, Minnie Simon, Margaret Eckhardt, Mildred Kordzik Grona, Vernell Usener Ellebracht, Meta Pohler, Gertrude Fritz, Olivia Bernhard Lott. Written in the bottom right corner of the photograph is the year "1954." Stamped on the back is "The Radio Post, Fredericksburg, Texas" and the Kilman Studio's address.
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Photograph of a Man Wearing a Helmet]

[Photograph of a Man Wearing a Helmet]

Date: November 1951
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a man wearing a round helmet, a button-up shirt, and tie. In the background are trees, shrubs, and a fence. The shadow of the photographer’s head can be seen at the bottom of the photograph and below that are the words “Nov. 1951 Struder S. A. TE.”
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Photograph of an Older Man and Woman]

[Photograph of an Older Man and Woman]

Date: November 1951
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an older man and woman standing together near a wooden water tank. The woman is wearing a dark buttoned jacket with a dress underneath. The man is wearing suspenders, a buttoned shirt, and a hat. Around them are trees and other kinds of plants and in the background is a hill. The wooden tank is on the left of the photograph. On the bottom are the words "Nov. 1951 Studer S. A. TE."
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Photograph of Two Men Kneeling with a Dog]

[Photograph of Two Men Kneeling with a Dog]

Date: November 1951
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of two men kneeling with a dog. One of the men is wearing a hat and is holding the dog. In the background are several trees and a hill. Behind some plants a fence can be seen and a part of a building is on the right edge of the photograph. On the bottom are the words "Nov. 1951 Studer S. A. TE."
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Photograph of Moriane Kirche]

[Photograph of Moriane Kirche]

Date: 1950
Creator: Niggli, Emil
Description: Photograph of the building Moriane Kirche taking by Emil Niggli in 1950. It is a rear view of the building and shows a basketball hoop in the backyard. The building is made primarily of stone and part of the building has a circular shape. On the back of the photograph is a stamp from the Library of Congress regarding the unknown copyright of the piece.
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Photograph of the Wedding of Bill Ayres and Wini Sue McBride]

[Photograph of the Wedding of Bill Ayres and Wini Sue McBride]

Date: June 18, 1949
Creator: Kilman Studio
Description: Photograph of a wedding in the First United Methodist Church of Fredericksburg, Texas. According to accompanying information, it is the wedding of Bill Ayres and Wini Sue McBride on June 18, 1949, and two ministers officiated, Reverend C. A. Greenwaldt, the incoming minister, and Reverend W. O. Schulze, the outgoing minister. The Kilman Studio stamp is on the back. The couple is walking down the aisle. The wedding party is still at the front of the sanctuary, and there are guests seated in the pews on either side. The bride is wearing a wedding dress with a hat and veil, and the groom is wearing a white tuxedo jacket with black pants.
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Photograph of a Methodist Church]

[Photograph of a Methodist Church]

Date: 1949
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a Methodist Church. It is a white building with arched windows along the side and two doors and columns along the front. There is a cross on top. "First Methodist Church" appears above the columns. Mrs. McBride's name is written on the back.
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Graves of Adolph and Sophia Filter]

[Graves of Adolph and Sophia Filter]

Date: August 1948
Creator: Fox Company
Description: Black and white photograph of two graves with a large, stone grave marker in between. The graves belong to Adolph and Sophia Filter. There are floral wreaths at the head of each grave. The tombstone between has a cross at its top. There are trees visible in background of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Photograph of the Comanche Tribe at Centennial Celebration]

[Photograph of the Comanche Tribe at Centennial Celebration]

Date: May 8, 1946
Creator: MacDonald Studio & Camera Shop
Description: Photograph of members of the Comanche Indian tribe at the centennial celebration on May 8, 1946. There are eighteen men, women, and children in the photograph. Most are wearing traditional or ceremonial dress, and there is a teepee behind them to the left. The following names and information are written on the back: "Chief Baldwin Parker, Liberal Kansas, Norma Jean Parker with Little Harold Lee Parker, Peggy Jean Parker - Rt. 1, Cynthia Ann Parker - Cache, Okla., Pat Pohrog - Cache, Okla., Roy Wockmetooah - Box 170." The MacDonald Studio's stamp is also on the back.
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society
[Photograph of the First Methodist Church]

[Photograph of the First Methodist Church]

Date: 1945
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the First United Methodist Church. The photograph appears to have been taken during a service. The preacher is standing at the pulpit, and the choir is standing behind him. There are people sitting in the pews, and a woman is sitting at the piano to the left. According to accompanying information, the picture was taken in 1945, before the church was remodeled and an organ was added, and the minister was Reverend W. O. Schulze. Dr. Lester Keyser is standing on the left of the front row of the choir, and Herman Hahn, the choir director, is next to him.
Contributing Partner: Gillespie County Historical Society