Description: Photograph of the Nancy Jones oak tree in the George Ranch house yard. According to the "1996 George Ranch Historical Park Interpreter Training Manual" the oak tree was planted in 1824 by Nancy Jones. Four chairs made from tree stumps in foreground; three men are standing near a truck with tall platform and cables on back (water well truck?) can be seen to right rear of tree (partially obscured by a shrub in foreground). Partial view of a white building on left; small white wooden building on left between trees. Wooden fence in center background; white building partially visible in right background. (Photograph 2000.037.016 is similar, however, men near truck are in different positions). Photograph has a circled "2" written in pencil in bottom left corner. Written on back in pencil: "negative #363". Stamped in blue on back: Photograph by David J. Morris Houston Post, Houston, Texas".
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park