Description: Postcard image of "The Original Deadwood Coach" as written in black near top right of postcard. The color image shows a man holding a whip who is standing near the side door of a coach. There is another man with gun in his gloved hand sitting atop the coach to the right side of the postcard. Blue text on back of postcard reads: "Copyright By "Johnny" Baker, Golden, Colo. The Original Deadwood Coach Built at Concord, N. H. 1867. Sent to San Francisco by water where it was placed on a line infested with bandits, "baptized in fire and blood" so repeatedly on the plains, was finally abandoned. In organizing his Wild West show Col. Cody bought the old derelict, and on its time honored springs has carried more distinguished Americans and Royalty than any vehicle extant. C. T. American Art Colored [emblem] CT Chicago Postcard This Space For Address Only [in rectangle] Place One Cent Stamp Here." Written in pencil on back: "175 69 [line] 244".
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park