You limited your search to:

  Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
 County: Fort Bend County, TX
 Decade: 1950-1959
 Year: 1951
 Collection: George Ranch Museum Collection
[A car parked in front of George Ranch house garage]
Photograph of the George Ranch house garage. The white wooden garage has the two doors on left that are opened. The two doors on right are closed and a car is parked in front of the door on far right. On the roof, a gable on left has numbers "1915" while the gable on right has numbers "1911". The cement drive is in foreground with a sidewalk off to the right that probably leads to the main ranch house. Large oak trees on left and right of house with a white picket fence separating two of the trees on right. Written on back of photo in blue ink: "Picture of Cousin Mamie's garage, made July 16, 1951 (Keep)". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8987/
[The George Ranch house with an automobile parked in the driveway]
Photograph of the George Ranch house with an automobile parked in the driveway. The ranch house is a white wooden two story house with screened in upper and lower porches. To the left of the house is a white painted cistern house with white railed stairway leading to upper entrance. The house and yard are enclosed by a white picket fence. The gate to the fence, to the left of the car, is open with the cement sidewalk leading to the front entrance at the screened porch. A large oak tree is to the left of the car. The photograph has scalloped edging. Written on back in blue ink: "Picture of Mr. [&] Mrs. A. P. George's Ranch made July 16, 1951 (Keep or Send back)". Back of photo is watermarked: "Kodak Velox Paper". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8989/
[Photograph of Mamie Davis George standing next to an automobile]
Photograph of Mamie Davis George standing next to an automobile. She has her right hand on the door handle of the back seat. Davis, who wears wire-rimmed glasses, is wearing a knit dress that is just below knee length, with elbow length sleeves, v- neck with wide collar, and belted waist. She is holding a purse in her left hand. Brick building on left (seen through car window); shrubs in right background (seen through car window). Utility poles and wires in upper background. Back of photograph in blue ink: "This picture of Cousin Mamie was made in front of her office, in Richmond, Texas. July 16, 1951. [and at bottom] (Keep)." In pencil: "66". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8149/
[Photograph of Mamie Davis George standing on the sidewalk]
Photograph of Mamie Davis George standing on the sidewalk in front of the [old] Polly Ryon Memorial Hospital building. Davis, who has wire framed glasses, is wearing a knit dress that is just below knee length, with elbow length sleeves, v- neck with wide collar, and belted waist. Davis has her graying hair pulled back into a bun at the nape of her neck. Back of the photograph in blue ink: "Cousin Mamie This picture was made July 16, 1951, at Richmond, Texas. Make at the, "Polly Ryon Memorial Hospital. [and] "(Keep)". In pencil: "66". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8148/
[Photograph of the drive way of leading to the George Ranch house]
Photograph of the drive way of leading to the George Ranch house. The driveway is lined with oak trees. Shrubs and flowers begin near the area of the driveway that veers right (left on photo) and leads to the ranch house; this area has a triangular landscaped area with a large pine tree. To the right and left of the oak tree lined driveway are ranch pastures enclosed by white post fences. Farm to market 762 is the highway in the background. Written on back of photo in blue ink: "This picture shows the drive-way of Cousin Mamie's ranch. In Richmond, Texas. Made July 16, 1951 (Keep)". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8988/
[Photograph of Mamie Davis George standing next to a black automobile]
Photograph of Mamie Davis George standing next to a black automobile. Davis is wearing a knit dress that is just below knee length, with elbow length sleeves, v- neck with wide collar, and belted waist. George has her right hand on the partially opened car door. She has a dark colored purse in her left hand. Note the parking meter in front of car. Two story stucco buildings in background. The white border surrounding the perimeter of the photograph has scalloped edging. Back of photo in blue ink reads: "Cousin Mamie July, 1951 (Keep [underlined] Have one like it.). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8150/
[Color photograph of four people]
Color photograph of four people standing beneath the Nancy Jones oak tree in the George Ranch house yard. The man on far left is unidentified, beginning at second from left: Albert Peyton George, Mamie Davis George, and probably Pete Frost. There is a wooden bench to the left side of the photograph. The north facade (back) of the George Ranch house is in left background. Small white wooden pump house in right background with partial view of the cistern house on far right. Stamped on back in blue: "This is a Kodachrome Enlargement made by Eastman Kodak Company [line not legible] Jun 16 '51 8". The photograph was in Mamie George's photo album page 8. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth7425/
[Manila envelope from "the Geizendanner company"]
Manila envelope from "the Geizendanner company Houston 6, Texas Advertising" to " Mr. A. P. George Richmond, Texas" postmarked "Houston, Tex. June 13 1951". Four purple 3 cent Unites States Postage stamps are cancelled in the top right corner. Written in red ink near top left corner: "Cattle Pictures". Eighteen cattle photographs were enclosed in this envelope. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth7832/
[Mr. Albert George and Ruth Forsgard in front of the ranch house porch]
Photograph of "Mr. Albert George and Ruth Forsgard May 13, 1951" as noted on the back of the photograph in blue ink. Mr. George is sitting on a brick rail near the ranch house porch steps and Ruth is standing on steps. Mr. George is wearing pants, white shirt, dark tie, and he is holding his hat in his hands. Ruth is wearing a dark skirt, white shirt, and has a scarf covering part of her head. Ranch house in background. Photograph has scalloped edges. Stamped on back in blue: "4902". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8002/
[Mr. Albert George seated on the brick rail in front of the ranch house]
Photograph of "Mr. Albert George May 13, 1951" as noted on the back of the photograph in blue ink. Mr. George is seated on the brick rail that leads to an entrance of the ranch house. He is wearing boots, pants, white shirt, tie, and felt hat. He has his left hand in his pants pocket. Mr. George wears dark rimmed eyeglasses. The photograph has scalloped edging and has "4902" stamped on back in blue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8005/
[Mr. Albert George standing in the George ranch yard]
Photograph of "Mr. Albert George May 13, 1951" as noted in blue ink on the back of the photograph. Mr. George is standing beneath the Nancy Jones oak tree in the George ranch yard. There are wooden rocking chairs, benches, and tables to his right. A white painted wooden building is in the background on the other side of a wire fence. Blue stamp on back "4902". The photograph has scalloped edging. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8003/
[Blue canvas and yellow felt banner that states: "PRINCE ALBERT II CALVED: MARCH 3, 1951]
Blue canvas and yellow felt banner that states: "PRINCE ALBERT II CALVED: MARCH 3, 1951 SIRE: KING GEORGE DAM: RUBY GARNET" Old Object Term: Banner texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth7257/
[George Ranch house and yard after a freeze]
Photograph of the George Ranch house and yard after a freeze. The wire fence is ice covered along with a tree in the center of the photograph. The George Ranch house is a two story white wooden house on the left side of the photograph. The east face of the house has covered porch areas on first and second floor. Large oak trees in front of and to the right of the house. The photograph is bordered by a black pattern that has "Fox Co." printed in the top right and bottom left corners. Stamped on back in black: "Fox-Tone Print Fox Co. [outline of fox] San Antonio, Texas February 1951". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9060/
[Photograph of George Ranch property during a freeze]
Photograph of George Ranch property during a freeze. The grasses and fence lines are ice covered. Utility poles in background. Buildings in distance; storage tank on tall metal platform with a drag line next to it on far right. The photograph is bordered by a black pattern that has "Fox Co." printed in the top right and bottom left corners. Stamped on back in black: "Fox-Tone Print Fox Co. [outline of fox] San Antonio, Texas February 1951". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9061/
[Photograph of the driveway that leads to the George Ranch house]
Photograph of the driveway that leads to the George Ranch house. The photograph was taken after an ice storm. Ice covers the grass and trees on either side of the driveway. A white wooden building (garage) is seen at the end of the driveway. The ranch house is the white wooden two story building partially obscured by the oak trees. The chicken house is barely visible above the fence on the left. Fence line on left and right. There is a steel cattle guard in foreground. The photograph is bordered by a black pattern that has "Fox Co." printed in the top right and bottom left corners. Stamped on back in black: "Fox-Tone Print Fox Co. [outline of fox] San Antonio, Texas February 1951". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9059/
[Photograph of Mamie Davis George standing with two other]
Photograph of Mamie Davis George (center with large corsage pinned on her left shoulder) standing with three other women beneath the Nancy Jones Oak tree in the George Ranch house yard. The oak tree was planted in 1824 by Nancy Jones. There is a free standing marker with an engraved plaque near the base of the tree trunk commemorating the historic tree. The ladies are members of the Daughters of the American Revolution. A stone walk way extends from the tree trunk to center foreground. Partial view of a table in right corner. Small white wooden pump house (tool shed) in left background. Long white wooden building on other side of wire fence and small oak tree in right background. A "1" is penciled on back of the photo. The back is also watermarked "Kodak Velox Paper". The photograph was taken from Mamie George's photo album page 3, top left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth7447/
[Photograph of six women and two men]
Photograph of six women, members of the Daughters of the American Revolution, and two men. The third woman from the left is Mamie Davis George. The group is standing beneath the Nancy Jones oak tree and have gathered to commemorate the dedication of a plaque located near the base of the tree. There is a stone walkway leading from the base of the trunk to bottom center of the photo. Partial view of a wooden table in the bottom right corner. Part of the small white wooden pump house and tank is on the far left side of the photo. A long white wooden building is on the other side of a wire fence extending the full width of the photo's background. In pencil on back is "12". The back is watermarked "Kodak Velox Paper". The photograph was taken from the Mamie George photo album on page 3, bottom left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth7442/
[Photograph of the Daughters of the American Revolution]
Photograph of the Daughters of the American Revolution, seated with band standing in background (left) at a ceremony to commemorate the historic Nancy Jones oak tree with a marker. The oak tree was planted in 1824 by Nancy Jones and is seen here in the George Ranch yard. There is a table and two wooden rocking chairs in the foreground. Partial view of a person sitting on a bench in bottom right corner. A stone walk way extends from the base of the oak tree on left and across the bottom of the photo to the right. Other smaller oak trees and a black vehicle can be seen in the background. The photo has an "8" in pencil on back and "DAR" in black ink. The back is also watermarked "Kodak Velox Paper". The photograph was taken out of the Mamie George photo album page 4, top right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth7438/
[Photograph of the free-standing marker and engraved plaque commemorating the historic Nancy Jones Oak tree]
Photograph of the free-standing marker and engraved plaque commemorating the historic Nancy Jones Oak tree. The marker, to the left of the base of the oak tree reads: "The Nancy Stiles Jones Oak Tree Marked By Fort Bend Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1824-1951." The tree was planted in 1824 by Nancy Jones and is located in the George Ranch house yard. A stone walk way leads from the tree and down to the bottom center of the photo. A black wire loops from the left side of the base of the tree and around to the right side of the photograph. A penciled "3" is on the back of the photo. Back is watermarked "Kodak Velox Paper". There is a vertical white streak across the left side of photo. The photograph was taken from the Mamie George photo album page 3, bottom right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth7440/
[Photograph of the Nancy Jones oak tree in the George Ranch house yard covered with snow]
Photograph of the Nancy Jones oak tree in the George Ranch house yard covered with snow. The oak tree was planted in 1824 by Nancy Jones. The huge limbs of the over one hundred year old tree are laden with snow. Wooden bench in foreground has a snow topped seat. Another long, wooden bench just to the rear right of the one in foreground is also snow covered. Picnic table on far left is partially obscured by the branches of a shrub. Wooden fence in left background with barn roof tops visible just beyond it. Pump house (partially seen on either side of the tree trunk) with storage tank near center. Wire fence with smaller oak trees to right. Long white building extends from center background to right background. Penciled on back "11". The photograph was taken from the Mamie George photo album page 3, top right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth7445/
[Trees and shrubs around the George Ranch house and yard]
Photograph of the George Ranch house and yard. The ranch house is a two story white wooden house with the upper and lower porches screened. The once shuttered windows are now unadorned. The cistern house to the left rear of the house is painted white and has a white railed stairway leading to upper entrance. A storage tank can be seen in the back yard to the left of the house (with a white wooden building partially seen behind it). The house is enclosed by a white wooden picket fence. There are two large oak trees to the left and right foreground with a small tree in the center foreground. A bench carved from a tree trunk sits near the base of the oak tree on right. Written on back of photo in red pencil: "2 col A. P. George [in circle] 74.4 1411". Also written on back in pencil: "F 17 30 100 W". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8986/