You limited your search to:

  Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
 County: Fort Bend County, TX
 Decade: 1890-1899
[Gold pocket watch with floral engraving on both sides]

[Gold pocket watch with floral engraving on both sides]

Date: October 7, 1891
Creator: unknown
Description: 14K gold pocket watch with floral engraving on both sides. The perimeter is decorated with diamond shape engravings and small swirled patterned engravings. Inscribed inside the back cover: "Mother to Albert Oct 7th 1891". Watch maker is "Elgin Natl, Watch Co." as seen on face of watch. Time is demarcated by roman numerals and has a separate dial for the seconds. A black ribbon with a gold two-pronged buckle on it is attached to the watch by a small gold chain.
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
[Scale beam]

[Scale beam]

Date: 1890
Creator: unknown
Description: Scale beam, missing two pieces. There are marks with weights from 20 to 160 on one side and marks from 5 to 50 on the other. The end is hook shaped. Wire has been added to hang it from. It has some rust. Old Object Term: scale,cotton
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
[Mourning card of Capt. W. K. Davis]

[Mourning card of Capt. W. K. Davis]

Date: August 3, 1891
Creator: unknown
Description: Mourning card of Capt. W. K. Davis. Died Aug. 3, 1891. Black card with gold edging and writing. Top, center sparrow holding a card that reads: "In Loving Remembrance of". Underneath bird, Holy Bible with "Capt. W. K. Davis, Died Aug. 3, 1891" written on front. Foliage in background. Bottom, center unraveled scroll reads: "Tis hard to break the tender cord, When love has bound the heart, Tis hard, so hard, to speak the words, Must we forever part? Dearest loved one we have laid thee, In the peaceful grave's embrace, But thy memory will be cherished Till we see thy heavenly face."
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
[The fourth Fort Bend County Courthouse]

[The fourth Fort Bend County Courthouse]

Date: 1890 - 1920
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a two and a half story brick building with a tower at center of roof that houses a clock on each of the four faces of the structure. The building is the fourth Fort Bend County Courthouse that was located at 410 Morton Street in Richmond, Texas circa early 1900's. The building is enclosed by an iron fence. A wooden hitching post is located in front of the iron fence at the front entrance. There is a windmill on the far right side of the photograph. The photograph is mounted on a cardboard substrate.
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
[Two people in the doorway of the J.H.P. Davis Bank building]

[Two people in the doorway of the J.H.P. Davis Bank building]

Date: 1895 - 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the J.H.P. Davis Bank building in Richmond, Texas. The two story stucco and brick building has a turret at the corner with a sign near top that reads: "Beasley & George" and above the corner entrance " Bank". There are two men standing on the top step of the entrance. A third person (blurred image) is standing beneath the canopy on far left of the building. Another canopy (folded) is near a set of steps on far right of building. Two utility poles are located along the sidewalk with two boxed trees between the utility poles. There is a man standing beneath a canopy on far right (rear) of the building. There is partial view of another business in the white wooden building on far left of photograph. Pencil writing on the back of the photograph reads: "Old Bank Building 1895 built Albert George Beasley".
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
[Photograph of the Davis Bank building in Richmond, Texas]

[Photograph of the Davis Bank building in Richmond, Texas]

Date: 1897 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Davis Bank building in Richmond, Texas. The two story stucco and brick building was built by Albert George Beasley. Written near top of corner turret: "Davis & George". Below the turret near the entrance to the bank is a sign reading: "Bank". Window to the left of the corner main entrance reads "J. H. P. Davis Bank". There is a man standing in the second window to the left of the entrance and another man standing on the sidewalk Windows on the far left of the building have "Pool" painted on them with drawings of pool sticks and pool balls. There is a man sitting in a chair outside of the doorway to the pool room. In the center window of the turret and again on the second story window just to the right of the turret is a sign painted in these windows "? Vanslyke Real Estate". There are canopies on several of the upper story windows and a large one across the entrance of the pool room. A man is sitting on steps on far right of photo (toward back of building). The building has a sidewalk with hitching posts on the far right and ...
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
[Trees in front of the J.H.P. Davis house]

[Trees in front of the J.H.P. Davis house]

Date: 1895
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the J.H.P. Davis house. The house is a white wooden two story home with first and second story porches. The porches have wooden railing and round white columns for support. This photograph shows the north/east fa�ade of the house. Note the water tank to the west (right of photo) side of the house that was built in September - October 1895 and was painted by December 21, 1895. Brick chimneys are visible on the east and west sides of the house. There is a portico on the east side. A small building with dome shaped roof is located between the main house and the storage tank. The house is enclosed by a white picket fence with three trees on outside of fence. Page attached to the back of the photograph has writing in black ink that reads: "Early J. H. P. Davis House". Information provided by "Internship Report Davis Complex Research/Planning George Ranch Historical Park" by Michael Moore. This photograph were given to the George Foundation by the Fort Bend Museum.
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
[A man on the Southern Pacific Railroad Bridge during the flood of 1899]

[A man on the Southern Pacific Railroad Bridge during the flood of 1899]

Date: July 7, 1899
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pacific Railroad Bridge during the flood of 1899. There is a man wearing dark pants, white shirt, suspenders, and hat walking across the bridge (approaching camera). Trees on right and left of bridge. Written on back of photo in blue ink: "Southern Pacific Bridge - Flood 1899". The photo is mounted on a tan cardboard substrate.
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
[Fort Bend County Jail and surrounding buildings flooded]

[Fort Bend County Jail and surrounding buildings flooded]

Date: July 8, 1899
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Fort Bend County Jail and surrounding buildings taken during the 1899 flood. The jail building is a two and a half story dark brick building with white trim.
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
[T.B.W. Lumber Yard during the flood of 1899]

[T.B.W. Lumber Yard during the flood of 1899]

Date: July 8, 1899
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the T.B.W. Lumber Yard during the flood of 1899. There are three men in a small wooden boat (crossing the street) near the center of the photograph. The lumber yard, on right, has stacks of lumber outside of the wooden tin roofed building. A two story house with trees in front yard is enclosed by a white picket fence on the left side of the photograph. There are other buildings in the background. Text at the bottom of the photograph reads: "T. B. W. Lumber Yard July 8, 1899 No 3". The photograph is mounted on a tan cardboard substrate.
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST