Date: 1937 - 1938
Description: Photograph of the George School with the "L" addition. The George School is a white wooden building with an "L" shape. A front porch extends across the full length of the front. Sidewalks are seen in front of the porch and to the left and right of the front entrance. The sidewalk on the left leads to the "L" addition entrance. Several students are standing near the second, "L" addition entrance. The addition was probably made in 1937 or 1938. "The younger kids in the addition, older kids in front. Sliding door separated the rooms. Two teachers. George School had school desks with ink wells in the desk. Box suppers to raise money for the school, held at night, to buy Christmas gifts for the school kids. People from Richmond/ Rosenberg, would bid on the boxes in an auction. Person who made the box ate with the person who bought it. Decorated boxes real pretty, and sealed. Contents were a surprise: sandwiches, cookies, cake. For children in George School only. Mid-year, in the summertime, midterm."
Contributing Partner: George Ranch Historical Park