Description: Photograph of the First Presbyterian Church in Orange, Texas from the west side. This building is also know as the Lutcher Memorial Building because it was was planned, built and underwritten by Mrs. Henry Jacob (Frances Ann) Lutcher as a memorial to the Henry Jacob Lutcher Family. It is an example of classic Greek Revival architecture, completed in 1912. It was one of the earliest air-conditioned buildings in the United States. The church has a large copper dome, large granite Corinthian columns on the front, and exquisite stained-glass windows. An intricate wrought-iron fence surrounds the property.
Contributing Partner: Heritage House Museum