Date: April 16, 1933
Description: Photograph of the inauguration of Club Mexico at the M & M Building on April 16, 1933. Professor Adolfo Martinez is seated in the center. Left side: Jose Lopez - director seated with his group, Tipica Groupo de Senoritios. Right side - seated (left to right): Ignacio Mexcado, saxophone ; Rudy Rubio, clarinet ; Jose Rivas, trombone ; Jose Castro, trumphet ; Prof. Jesus Gavino Gonzales, cello. Right side - standing (left to right): Pomposo Macha ; Miguel Rivas, violin ; Gertrudis Gabino Gonzales, piano ; Jose Torres, violin ; Tomas Aguilar, violin. On the left is a large group of young women in matching dresses and hats, each holding a banjo, mandolin or guitar.
Contributing Partner: Houston Metropolitan Research Center at Houston Public Library