You limited your search to:

  Partner: Irving Archives
 Resource Type: Photograph
 Decade: 1930-1939
Automobiles, c. 1930

Automobiles, c. 1930

Date: c. 1930
Creator: unknown
Description: Automobiles parked by store fronts along Irving's Main Street, c. 1930.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving School's Third Grade Class, c. 1930s

Irving School's Third Grade Class, c. 1930s

Date: c. 1930
Creator: unknown
Description: Mrs. White's third grade class, c. 1930s. The Irving Independent School District was established in 1909. The building in this photograph was a three-story red brick building that was constructed in 1913.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Mrs. B. L. Pierce's House

Mrs. B. L. Pierce's House

Date: c. 1933
Creator: unknown
Description: This house was located at the northeast corner of Second and Ohio streets. Shown standing on the steps is Mrs. B. L. Pierce. Prior to Irving's receiving bus service in 1930, she operated a jitney service from Irving to Dallas for Irvingites. The man on the left is Grover Pierce, the little girl is Doris Jean Taylor, and the woman in the fur coat is Mrs. Buck Mitchell.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
The Northwest Dallas County Civic Association

The Northwest Dallas County Civic Association

Date: c. 1931
Creator: unknown
Description: A group of citizens from northwest Dallas County banded together in 1931 to form the Northwest Dallas County Civic Association. Its purpose was to promote the development of the northwest section of Dallas County. They presented the interests of Irving and the surrounding area to county and state governments. They were particularly concerned with road improvment in this area of the county. The group is standing in front of Irving's first city hall. From left to right, starting with the man in the hat, are: Lewis Hancock; the boy is F. M. Gilbert, Jr.; his father, Dr. F. M. Gilbert, Sr.; W. B. Gilbert; Frank Haley; C. P. Caldwell; W. P. Gandy; T. A. Jasper; R. E. Fulton; James Poppelwell; Albert Farine; J. E. Van Horn, Sr.; and R. J. (Leo) Byrd. The photograph in the Bates Collection from which this was scanned was missing part of the left and right sides. The original photograph also included Tom Peters on the far left (to the left of Lewis Hancock), Bob Stewart, second from the right (he is partially visible behind R. J. Byrd), and C. P Schulze on the far right.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
PTA Officers, 1936

PTA Officers, 1936

Date: 1936
Creator: unknown
Description: PTA officers for the Irving public school system in 1936. Seated left to right: Mrs. F. N. Broach, Mrs. H. W. Simmons, Mrs. W. H. George, Mrs. Edgar Davis, Mrs. Ralph Barr, Mrs. Clyde Kirkpatrick, and Mrs. W. R. Duckworth; standing left to right: Mrs. A. C. Bolden, Mrs. R. L. Kirkpatrick, School Supt. A. S. Johnston, Mrs. Johnston, and Mrs. Ben Hurwitz.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives