You limited your search to:

  Partner: Irving Archives
 Decade: 1900-1909
 Collection: O.D. and Estelle Bates Collection
Rock Island Survey Crew, c. 1902

Rock Island Survey Crew, c. 1902

Date: 1902~
Creator: unknown
Description: In the fall of 1902, a Rock Island Railway survey crew was working a stretch of line between the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth when two of the members decided to found a town along the route of the track. J. O. Schulze and Otis Brown finished their work with the railroad and remained in the area, where they founded the town of Irving in December 1903. C. P. Schulze, Jr, brother of J. O. Schulze is on the far left.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Train at the Irving Depot

Train at the Irving Depot

Date: 1905~
Creator: unknown
Description: Train at the Irving Depot. Completed in 1903, the site of the Chicago Rock Island & Gulf railroad depot also served as the location of the 1903 lot sale that founded Irving.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
J. B. Howard House

J. B. Howard House

Date: 1904~
Creator: unknown
Description: A lady standing on a porch at the Howard home at 318 Iowa (now O’Connor Rd.), believed to be Irving's oldest existing house, built in 1904.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Howard-Beaufford House

Howard-Beaufford House

Date: 1904~
Creator: unknown
Description: Constructed in May 1904 as the home of Joseph B. Howard and his wife, Susan, it stood on 2.5 acres just south of Irving's city limits. Eugene and May Ann Beaufford bought the property in 1919. They operated a truck farm on the acreage. They later divided the land among their children.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
W. D. Lucas Home at 127 Hastings Street

W. D. Lucas Home at 127 Hastings Street

Date: 1907~
Creator: unknown
Description: Home of W. D. Lucas and family at 127 S. Hastings. The house was built in 1907. W. D. Lucas was the proprietor of a general merchandise store from 1906 until his death in 1931.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Main Street Irving, Texas, c. 1904

Main Street Irving, Texas, c. 1904

Date: 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: West side of Main Street, Irving, Texas, shortly after the founding of the town in December 1903.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Lucas and Joffre Store

Lucas and Joffre Store

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Lucas and Joffre Store was founded by W. D. "Doug" Lucas and Fred Joffre in 1906 on the west side of Irving's Main Street. Lucas and Joffre split, but W. D. Lucas maintained a store on Main Street until he died in 1931.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Miss Hicks Millinery

Miss Hicks Millinery

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Fannie Hicks ran a millinery store on Main Street during Irving's early years. She later married T. C. Haley, the proprietor of another Main Street business. In 1909, she closed her store.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
West Fork of the Trinity River in Flood Stage

West Fork of the Trinity River in Flood Stage

Date: 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Irving was established between the Elm and West Forks of the Trinity River. Flooding was a common occurrence along the river prior to its re-channeling and the construction of a levee system. During Irving's early decades, the primary route from Irving to Dallas was across the West Fork. In 1908, a major flood washed out the bridges and isolated Irvingites until the waters receded.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Elm School Student Body

Elm School Student Body

Date: 1906~
Creator: unknown
Description: The Elm school served the farming community know as Elm which was located just north of Irving. Pictured in the back row left to right are: teacher Mrs. Holland, Lee Metker, Mary Farine, Ruth Holt, Lucy Parker, Sadie Watkins, Henry Farine, and Maudie Carroll. Next row: Lucy Farine, John Farine, Gus Story, Clyde Allen, Arthur Farine, Lillian Works, and Lela Toler. Next row: Ora Seat, Bill Metker, Foy Holt, Irene Nichols, Thelma Works, and Ann Carroll. Front row: Howard Parker, Fred Story, Milton Holt, Roy Bailey, and Bertha Farine.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST