You limited your search to:

  Partner: Irving Archives
 Resource Type: Photograph
Old Gilbert Home

Old Gilbert Home

Date: 1882 - 1955
Creator: unknown
Description: The D. W. Gilbert home stood from 1882 to 1955 near the northwest corner of Story and Grauwyler Roads. Dr. D. W. Gilbert was one of the first physicians to practice in the Irving area. In addition to his work as a physician, he operated a 1,500-acre farm and orchard and a dairy. He also owned farmland in Euless, Shady Grove, and Bear Creek.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
[J. O. Shulze Playing with a Fox Puppy]

[J. O. Shulze Playing with a Fox Puppy]

Date: 1902~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of J. O. Schulze, the leader of a Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway survey crew, playing with the crew's pet fox, c. 1902. He is sitting on the ground outside of a tent and has the fox in his lap. The crew worked in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas. In Texas, they worked a stretch of line between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas. J. O. Schulze and Otis Brown, another crew member, remained behind and established the town of Irving along the tracks between Dallas and Fort Worth in 1903.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Jerry and Della Story

Jerry and Della Story

Date: 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: Jerry and Della Story. When the post office moved from the Kit community to the town of Irving in 1904, Jerry Story served as temporary postmaster.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Main Street Irving, Texas, c. 1904

Main Street Irving, Texas, c. 1904

Date: 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: West side of Main Street, Irving, Texas, shortly after the founding of the town in December 1903.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Lucas and Joffre Store

Lucas and Joffre Store

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Lucas and Joffre Store was founded by W. D. "Doug" Lucas and Fred Joffre in 1906 on the west side of Irving's Main Street. Lucas and Joffre split, but W. D. Lucas maintained a store on Main Street until he died in 1931.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Miss Hicks Millinery

Miss Hicks Millinery

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Fannie Hicks ran a millinery store on Main Street during Irving's early years. She later married T. C. Haley, the proprietor of another Main Street business. In 1909, she closed her store.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Sowers School, 1906

Sowers School, 1906

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: The Sowers School served the Sowers community, located about a mile west of Irving, near the present-day intersection of Pioneer and Belt Line Road. The teachers pictured are John Roberts (later Dr. John Roberts) and Miss Mary Ruth Wespey. The school was one large room, and the boys carried in drinking water from a well a quarter of a mile away. Classes were held from 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. Top row: Allie Lanotte, Etta Eaton, unknown, Bess Kimble, Sally Haley, Ethel Barton, unknown, Ruby Slater, Nancy Slater, Mary Ruth Wespey, Ethel Tompkins, Jeanie Barton, John Roberts, unknown, Mabel Gilbert, Sam Mitchell, unknown, Thurston Jernigan, Hayde Gilbert, Kimble, Clay Gilbert, Tom Taylor, and Charlie Wilson Middle row: Nora Lusk, unknown, Marie Lanotte, Claudie Barton, Lillie Williams, Stella Slater, Minnie Moore, Moore, Jettie Rucker, Sitton, George Wilson, unknown, Fannie Slater, Grider Taylor, N. Jernigan, Bill Bietendorf, Paul Gilbert (with white glove), Ed Avrett, Jess Moore, Oscar Tompkins, Allen Avrett, Willie Smith, Arthur Smith, Carrie Lusk, Pauline Isadore, Ernestine Isadore, and Alice Lusk Bottom row: Most are unidentified, but some are Lawrence Ranft, Sidney Ranft, Dan Barton, Dan Gilbert, Floyd Eaton, Winnie Eaton, Adolph Bietendorf (with bat), W.B. “Bill” Gilbert (holding catcher’s ...
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
William Smith Home in Union Bower

William Smith Home in Union Bower

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: William Smith, area pioneer, built this house in the Union Bower community in 1888. It stood along what would become Maryland Street in Irving until it was torn down in the 1980s. Seen in this 1906 photo are L. G. Smith, Mr. and Mrs. J. T. Hood, Mrs. Mattie Smith, Bert Smith, Mrs. Jennie Smith, William Hood, and Frank and Charlie Voirin.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
William Smith House - Side View

William Smith House - Side View

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: This photo, made in 1906, shows a side view of the William Smith home in the Union Bower community. The house was built in 1888.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Virginia Tucker Schulze on Horseback, 1910

Virginia Tucker Schulze on Horseback, 1910

Date: 1908 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Virginia Tucker Schulze on horseback at a ranch in Pyote, Texas. Virginia was the wife of C. P. Schulze, Sr. The Schulze family owned the Irving Lumber Company form it inception in 1903 until it closed during the 1980s. Back of photo reads: "My first ride to Brown's tank, August 1910."
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST