You limited your search to:

  Partner: Irving Archives
 Resource Type: Photograph
Railroad Survey Crew Members Pose in Front of Tent, c. 1902

Railroad Survey Crew Members Pose in Front of Tent, c. 1902

Date: c. 1902
Creator: unknown
Description: Members of the Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway survey crew that surveyed a ten-mile stretch of track between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, c. 1902. The crew worked in Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. When they came to this area, they camped on Britain family land in the vicinity of modern-day Nursery Road and the Rock Island railroad track. Two of the crew members remained behind when the rest moved on to the next job. They purchased 80 acres of land from the English and established the town of Irving along the tracks in 1903.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Virginia Tucker Schulze and Friends, c. 1910

Virginia Tucker Schulze and Friends, c. 1910

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Virginia Tucker Schulze, wife of early Irving settler, C. P. Schulze, is seen on horseback with friends on an outing in Pyote, Texas, c. 1910. C. P. Schulze was the brother of Irving's co-founder J. O. Schulze.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Charles P. Schulze, Jr., in car, c. 1914

Charles P. Schulze, Jr., in car, c. 1914

Date: c. 1914
Creator: unknown
Description: A child in an automobile. C. P. Schulze, Jr. son of Charles Percy and Virginia Schulze, is photographed in his father's car, c. 1914. The Schulze family operated Irving Lumber from the time of the town's founding in 1903 until the 1980s.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Virginia Tucker Schulze with Friends, 1910

Virginia Tucker Schulze with Friends, 1910

Date: 1908 - 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Three women on horseback. Virginia Tucker Schulze with friends at a ranch in Pyote, Texas. Back of photo reads: “First ride to Brown tank, Madeline, Henrietta and Virginia.” Virginia Schulze was married to C. P. Schulze, Sr. The Schulze family owned Irving Lumber Company from the town's inception in 1903 until the 1980s.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Story Feed Store

Story Feed Store

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: The Story livery stable and feed store was located just west of the corner of Main and First (Irving Blvd.) streets during Irving's early years.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Robinson's Drug Store

Robinson's Drug Store

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Major T. G. Robinson opened the Palace Drug Store in Irving's first brick building in 1906. In 1908, he added a soda fountain to the establishment. The store was in business until 1939, when Major Robinson retired.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Tom Haley Home

Tom Haley Home

Date: c. 1911
Creator: unknown
Description: William Haley and his family moved to the area during the late 1850s. They settled northwest of the future town site of Irving in what became known as the Estelle community. Tom Haley, William's son, farmed a large piece of land his father had given him as a wedding gift. When his children became of school age, he decided that it would be more convenient for his wife and kids to stay in Irving during the school year. This is a photo of the home the family rented in town. At the fence on the left is Vera Haley (Anderson) and one of her sisters Bertha Haley (Gleghorn), c. 1911.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Mrs. B. L. Pierce's House

Mrs. B. L. Pierce's House

Date: c. 1933
Creator: unknown
Description: This house was located at the northeast corner of Second and Ohio streets. Shown standing on the steps is Mrs. B. L. Pierce. Prior to Irving's receiving bus service in 1930, she operated a jitney service from Irving to Dallas for Irvingites. The man on the left is Grover Pierce, the little girl is Doris Jean Taylor, and the woman in the fur coat is Mrs. Buck Mitchell.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Lucas Family

Lucas Family

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Lucas family left to right: Mahala Williams Lucas Roberts, Henry Lucas, Doug Lucas, Charlie Lucas, Jack Lucas, and Etta Williams Roberts
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving School's Third Grade Class, c. 1930s

Irving School's Third Grade Class, c. 1930s

Date: c. 1930
Creator: unknown
Description: Mrs. White's third grade class, c. 1930s. The Irving Independent School District was established in 1909. The building in this photograph was a three-story red brick building that was constructed in 1913.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST