You limited your search to:

  Partner: Irving Archives
 Language: English
 Collection: O.D. and Estelle Bates Collection
Automobiles, c. 1930

Automobiles, c. 1930

Date: c. 1930
Creator: unknown
Description: Automobiles parked by store fronts along Irving's Main Street, c. 1930.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Bill Gilbert at Irving State Bank

Bill Gilbert at Irving State Bank

Date: 1947
Creator: unknown
Description: Two men shaking hands. Bill Gilbert (left) greeting customer Albert Farine in Irving State Bank's new building, 1947. The Merchants and Planters Bank was organized in 1907. Chaney and Fletcher Miller took over operation of the bank and in 1908 and had it chartered as the Irving State Bank. It later became Irving Bank and Trust Company and remained in business along Main Street until 1975.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Doug Lucas Store

Doug Lucas Store

Date: c. 1920
Creator: unknown
Description: W. D. Lucas operated a general store on Irving's Main Street from 1906 until 1931. After changing locations twice, he settled in this two-story brick building in about 1920.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Dr. and Mrs. John Haley

Dr. and Mrs. John Haley

Date: c. 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Dr. John Haley was one of the Irving area's earliest physicians. The Haley family arrived in the area in the late 1850s. John was born in 1866. He was a teacher for a time, but after his first wife died, he returned to school and then entered the medical profession. He served as Irving's mayor from 1927 until his death in 1932. He is pictured here with his second wife, Anna Good Haley, in 1906.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Earl Steele Delivering the Mail

Earl Steele Delivering the Mail

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Earl Steel delivers the mail in Irving in his horse-drawn two-wheeled vehicle, c. 1910.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Howard-Beaufford House

Howard-Beaufford House

Date: c. 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: Constructed in May 1904 as the home of Joseph B. Howard and his wife, Susan, it stood on 2.5 acres just south of Irving's city limits. Eugene and May Ann Beaufford bought the property in 1919. They operated a truck farm on the acreage. They later divided the land among their children.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving High School Girls' Basketball Team, 1922

Irving High School Girls' Basketball Team, 1922

Date: 1922
Creator: unknown
Description: Irving High School girls' basketball team, 1922. Left to right are: Mae Mitchell, Exie Cunningham, Delma Crowe, Wilma Harkey, unidentified, Lillian Embree
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Irving Train Depot

Irving Train Depot

Date: c. 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Two men in front of the Irving train depot. The Chicago, Rock Island & Gulf Railway built this depot in 1904.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Kit Store and Ike Story Family

Kit Store and Ike Story Family

Date: c. 1896
Creator: unknown
Description: Postmaster Isaac Henry “Ike” Story sits in front of the post office and general store for the community of Kit. The sign on top of the building spells out the name of Kit, but with an eye instead of an "i". People in photo: Nancy Story (wife), Ike Story, Lillie Leona Story Kinney (daughter), Opal Elizabeth Kinney (granddaughter), and Sallie Jane Story Bell (daughter). The Kit community was about a mile east of where Irving would be established in 1903.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Lucas and Joffre Store

Lucas and Joffre Store

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Lucas and Joffre Store was founded by W. D. "Doug" Lucas and Fred Joffre in 1906 on the west side of Irving's Main Street. Lucas and Joffre split, but W. D. Lucas maintained a store on Main Street until he died in 1931.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST