You limited your search to:

  Partner: Irving Archives
W. L. Smith Store

W. L. Smith Store

Date: 1904~
Creator: unknown
Description: W. L. Smith built one of the first business establishements in Irving in 1904. However, in 1905, he sold the building to the Miller brothers, who opened a general store. Chaney Miller, one of the proprietors of Miller Brothers, served as Irving's second mayor and was Justice of the Peace for the precinct from the 1920s-1940s. He had also been a Dallas County Commissioner during the 1890s. His brother, Fletcher Miller, served as mayor in the 1920s before moving to Dallas.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Wedding Picture of Joe and Essie Keeling

Wedding Picture of Joe and Essie Keeling

Date: 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Essie Jones and Joe Keeling's wedding picture. Essie Jones and Joe Keeling were married in 1910. Both lived most of their lives in Irving. They had three children: Helen, Weldon and Clyde.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
[West Fork of the Trinity River at Flood Stage]

[West Fork of the Trinity River at Flood Stage]

Date: 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the West Fork of the Trinity River seen at flood stage. A group of people are standing at the water's edge looking out over the water.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
West Side of Main Street, c. 1908

West Side of Main Street, c. 1908

Date: c. 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Main Street, Irving, Texas, c. 1908. West side of Main St. between First St. (Irving Blvd.) and Second St.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
William Smith Home in Union Bower

William Smith Home in Union Bower

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: William Smith, area pioneer, built this house in the Union Bower community in 1888. It stood along what would become Maryland Street in Irving until it was torn down in the 1980s. Seen in this 1906 photo are L. G. Smith, Mr. and Mrs. J. T. Hood, Mrs. Mattie Smith, Bert Smith, Mrs. Jennie Smith, William Hood, and Frank and Charlie Voirin.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
William Smith House - Side View

William Smith House - Side View

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: This photo, made in 1906, shows a side view of the William Smith home in the Union Bower community. The house was built in 1888.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Williamson Home, 1912

Williamson Home, 1912

Date: 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: The Williamson home, 1912. At the fence are Mae Williamson, Joe Williamson, Virginia Tucker Schulze, C. P. Schulze, and the Williamson children. The home was on the site of today's Nimitz High School in south Irving.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Williamson Home, 1912

Williamson Home, 1912

Date: 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: The Williamson home, 1912. The house was located on the site of today's Nimitz High School in south Irving. Seated in the yard are C. P. Schulze and wife Virginia, Joe and Mae Williamson, and the Williamson children.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT LAST
Beta Preview