You limited your search to:

  Partner: Irving Archives
 Decade: 1910-1919
 Collection: O.D. and Estelle Bates Collection
R. M. Hudson Home

R. M. Hudson Home

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: R. M. Hudson began publishing the "Irving Index" in December 1903. He worked from his home in Dallas for five years. In 1908, he moved into this house in Irving. Hudson and his wife Mary had four children. Youngest son Tom can be seen at the fence in this photo. R. M. Hudson published the "Irving Index" from 1903 until 1916.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
R. M. Hudson Home and Family

R. M. Hudson Home and Family

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: R. M. Hudson operated Irving's first newspaper the "Irving Index." He ran the paper from 1903 until 1916. His home was on the northwest corner of Fourth and Jefferson streets. He is pictured here in front of his house with his wife Mary and daughter Veda. Not pictured are their sons Robert, Andrew, and Tom.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Robinson's Drug Store

Robinson's Drug Store

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Major T. G. Robinson opened the Palace Drug Store in Irving's first brick building in 1906. In 1908, he added a soda fountain to the establishment. The store was in business until 1939, when Major Robinson retired.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Seiber Store - Interior

Seiber Store - Interior

Date: c. 1915
Creator: unknown
Description: Henry Alvis Seiber owned this general store along Main Street in Irving, Texas, c. 1915.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Story Feed Store

Story Feed Store

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: The Story livery stable and feed store was located just west of the corner of Main and First (Irving Blvd.) streets during Irving's early years.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Sunday Afternoon at the River

Sunday Afternoon at the River

Date: c. 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Irving was founded where the West Fork and the Elm Fork converge to form the Trinity River. During the early part of the twentieth century, the locals made day trips and weekend jaunts to enjoy nature along the forks of the river.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Tom Haley Home

Tom Haley Home

Date: c. 1911
Creator: unknown
Description: William Haley and his family moved to the area during the late 1850s. They settled northwest of the future town site of Irving in what became known as the Estelle community. Tom Haley, William's son, farmed a large piece of land his father had given him as a wedding gift. When his children became of school age, he decided that it would be more convenient for his wife and kids to stay in Irving during the school year. This is a photo of the home the family rented in town. At the fence on the left is Vera Haley (Anderson) and one of her sisters Bertha Haley (Gleghorn), c. 1911.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
W. D. Lucas Store - Interior

W. D. Lucas Store - Interior

Date: 1919
Creator: unknown
Description: W. D. "Doug" Lucas operated a general store on Irving's Main Street from 1906 until 1931. In this photo, he is seen behind the counter.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
W. D. Lucas with Children

W. D. Lucas with Children

Date: c. 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: W. D. "Doug" Lucas poses with his three children: Howard, Roy (baby), and Lorene. W. D. Lucas owned a general store on Main Street in Irving from 1906 to 1931.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
Wedding Picture of Joe and Essie Keeling

Wedding Picture of Joe and Essie Keeling

Date: 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Essie Jones and Joe Keeling's wedding picture. Essie Jones and Joe Keeling were married in 1910. Both lived most of their lives in Irving. They had three children: Helen, Weldon and Clyde.
Contributing Partner: Irving Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST