You limited your search to:

  Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[Postcard of Main Street in League City]

[Postcard of Main Street in League City]

Date: 1901
Creator: Schlueter, F. J.
Description: Postcard photograph of League City's Main Street (now Second Street) looking west toward the railroad station. The O. V. King house is third on the left. The postcard includes a short letter on the back and a Benjamin Franklin one cent stamp.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[The Butler Building]

[The Butler Building]

Date: December 29, 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Butler Building, a historic two-story League City building located on Second Street which was then known as King's Trail. A few horses and horse-drawn wagons are parked just outside the building. Three men are standing in the open doorway of the building; the man on the far right is John P. Atkinson, according to accompanying information.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[The Butler Building]

[The Butler Building]

Date: December 29, 1909
Creator: Schlueter, F. J.
Description: Photograph of the Butler Building, a historic two-story League City building located on Second Street which was then known as King's Trail. Two horses, one of them tethered to a wagon, are standing just outside the building. Several men are standing in a line near the building entrance; one of the men is John P. Atkinson, according to accompanying information.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[Postcard of a Boat on Clear Creek]

[Postcard of a Boat on Clear Creek]

Date: 1911
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard featuring a photograph on the front of a boat party on Clear Creek. The boat belonged to Luke Johnson and was a new acquisition at the time the photograph was taken. Johnson's party are dressed in festive attire.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[Memorial Day at Fairview Cemetery]

[Memorial Day at Fairview Cemetery]

Date: May 30, 1911
Creator: Maurer
Description: Postcard of the 1911 Memorial Day celebration at Fairview Cemetery. A massive group of people are gathered underneath a tree; everyone is wearing festive clothing for that era. Surrounding the group are numerous covered wagons and horses.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[League City School]

[League City School]

Date: 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard photograph of the front entrance of League City School, nicknamed "The Big School," located on South Kansas Street. A note on the back of the postcard states that the building was built in 1912 or 1915 and housed third grade to high school classes.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[League City School]

[League City School]

Date: 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard photograph of the League City School, nicknamed "The Big School." South Kansas Street is on the right side of the image, and power lines are in the foreground. A note on the back of the postcard states that the building was built in 1912 or 1915.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[Postcard of Troops Entering League City]

[Postcard of Troops Entering League City]

Date: 1915
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard featuring a photograph of some U.S. World War I troops entering League City at the city's original thoroughfare between Houston and Galveston. The troops are situated on a fence running alongside the road and the railroad tracks, which are not visible. Their arms and weapons are placed in vertical clusters before the troops. A two-story building in the background has a "Welcome" sign posted in front.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[Troops Entering League City]

[Troops Entering League City]

Date: 1915
Creator: Maurer
Description: Postcard featuring a photograph of World War I troops entering downtown League City, Texas. A goat accompanies the group of army men as they walk downtown. On the left is a two-story building that houses the League City Post Office, a shoe company, and a general store.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[The 1916 League City Browns]

[The 1916 League City Browns]

Date: 1916
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard of the 1916 League City Browns, also known as the League City Baseball Club. The team has nine members, all of whom are men. They are posed for a team portrait in their uniforms which consist of a cap, a shirt, knickerbockers, socks, and shoes. A few baseball bats and gloves are set on the ground before them.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST