You limited your search to:

  Partner: Laredo Public Library
 Language: English
[Bruni Plaza Fountain]
Photograph of a water fountain in Bruni Plaza near the entrance to the Laredo Public Library, probably taken in the 1970s. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13300/
[Bird's Eye view - Rio Grande Flood]
Bird's eye view of flooding Rio Grande River over the International Bridge. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13299/
[Man and Woman on Horseback]
Photograph of Frederico Vidaurri and Herminia Lafon riding horseback around 1910. They are on a street in front of an unknown building; several people are visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13207/
[Wagon in front of store]
Wagon in front of L. Villegas store at the corner of Farragut St. and Flores Avenue texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13209/
[Lady on Horseback, Laredo, Texas, c. 1910]
Photograph of Frederico Vidaurri and Herminia Lafon riding horseback, near the corner of an unknown building in Laredo, Texas around 1910. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13210/
[Street scene, Laredo, Texas, c. 1910]
Photograph of the market building on the left looking down Hidalgo Street, Laredo, Texas about 1910. A man in the foreground is smoking a cigar and looking at the camera. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13211/
[Survey Map of Webb County]
Survey map of 19.73 acre tract in the Northwest corner of "porcion" 28, Webb County, Texas. Scale 1:2,400 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13212/
[Survey of Webb County]
Survey of the Southern part of Webb County noting geographic features as well as some man-made constructions (railroads, highways, pipelines, windmills, etc.). Scale 1:48,000 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13213/
[Map of Coca-Cola Bottling Company Properties]
Plat showing the 1951 survey of the Coca-Cola Bottling Company properties in Laredo, Texas. In the lower-left corner, there is a legal statement made by the surveyor attesting to the accuracy of the map. Scale 1:240 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13214/
Plano de los Dos Laredos
Plat of the 'two Laredos' (Laredo, Texas and New Laredo, Mexico) from January 1881. The map appears to be a cadastral map with numbered (and lettered) lots in both cities, likely showing ownership. Some streets are labeled as well as Fort McIntosh (noted as a "U.S. Military Reservation") in Laredo and the Campo de Marte in Nuevo Laredo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13215/
[1853 boundaries of the City of Laredo]
Sketch of land leased from the City of Laredo by the United States Government for use of the U. S. Army stationed at Fort McIntosh. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13216/
[Railroad Bridge Destroyed by Flood]
Postcard of the International Railroad Bridge destroyed by flood. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13217/
[Richter Building, Laredo, Texas]
Postcard of the Richter Building, location of City Drug Store. Postmarked April 11, 1914 at Laredo, Texas. There is a letter on the back of the postcard addressed to Miss Bertha Murphy. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13219/
[Flooded International Bridge, Laredo, Texas]
Airplane dropping lifesavers to men marooned on a flooded bridge. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13220/
[Hamilton Hotel, Laredo, Texas]
Photograph of Hamilton Hotel in Laredo, Texas before the top floors were added. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13221/
[St. Peter's Church, Laredo, Texas]
Photograph of a church on the corner of a street in Loredo, Texas. There is a note from "Nettie" written under the picture. Postmarked June 27, 1907. The church was mislabeled as a cathedral. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13222/
[Baptist Church Building]
Postcard dated December 10, 1912 of a Baptist church on a corner in Laredo, Texas. There are several people outside of the church, standing and sitting on the steps, as well as carriages visible on the streets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13223/
[Ruins of First Webb County Courthouse]
Postcard of ruins of old Webb County Courthouse that burned down in 1906. Postcard dated October 23, 1906 and addressed to Miss Sarah Mowry. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13224/
[International and Great Northern Railway Depot]
Photograph of people, cars, and wagons in front of a railroad depot, identified at the bottom as "I. and G. N. Ry. Depot, Laredo, Texas." Postcard is dated 7/15/1920. There is a letter on the back of the postcard addressed to "Henry" that refers to an attack that day on Nuevo Laredo by revolutionaries. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13225/
[Approach to North Bluff, Corpus Christi]
Stairway and winding lanes on approach from the bay in downtown Corpus Christi. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13226/
[Market House, San Antonio]
Postcard of the Market House in San Antonio, Texas showing a large building with ornate architecture and a manicured park area with a fountain. There are various people and horse-drawn wagons on the streets and buildings visible in the background. A handwritten note at the top says, "Henry do you remember this place?" A letter on the back is addressed to Henry Kahn from Mary thanking him for a letter and asking about whether or not he plans to go to the Fair. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13227/
[San Antonio Female Academy]
Postcard of the San Antonio Female Academy in San Antonio, Texas; according to information on the back, it was a boarding school in Westend (a San Antonio suburb). There are people on the sidewalks and lawn in front of the building. A letter on the back of the postcard is addressed to Master Henry Kahn from Mary. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13228/
[City Hall and Flores Avenue]
Photograph of City Hall on Flores Avenue. Shows a street car going north-south on Flores Avenue. Has the stamp of the "Consulado de Mexico." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13229/
[Bender Hotel]
Postcard postmarked January 6, 1926 of the Bender Hotel in Laredo, Texas. Several people are standing outside and there are automobiles parked on the street and on the hotel sidewalk. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13230/
[Thatch Roof Home]
Postcard of a typical thatch-roof home, common along the border area in Webb County around 1900. In the image, there is a dog sitting outside the hut which is surrounded by a wire fence. There is a note written on the back. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13231/
[Mission Dolores about 1833]
Photograph of Mission Dolores about 1833. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13233/
[International Bridge over the Rio Grande]
Postcard of a bridge across a river, labeled, "International Bridge over the Rio Grande, Laredo, Texas." Several unknown buildings are visible on either end of the bridge. There is a letter on the back written 3/3/1917 that says, "Wanted to get across this bridge but on account of Typhus Epidemic on other side could not do so. Will cross at Brownsville. Wish you were along." (The epidemic mentioned was in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13234/
[Hotel Iturbide, Monterrey]
Photo of Hotel Iturbide in Monterrey, Mexico. Postmarked January 24, 1940 in Rochester, Minnesota. There is a letter on the back of the postcard addressed to Matt and mentions two inches of snow in Laredo, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13235/
[Espejo Farm, Bermuda Onions, Laredo, Texas]
Photograph of an Bermuda onion harvest at the Espejo farm in Laredo, Texas. A letter on the back is addressed to Mrs. N. L. Green about the author's visit (to place unknown) and plans to leave again. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13236/
[Water Cart]
Postmarked August 3, 1916 at Laredo, Texas, this card was sent to Concord, N.H. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13237/
[Water Vendors]
Three water vendor carts in front of what appears to be a water tank. Water vendors were called barrileros or aguadores. Correspondence reads, "At Laredo, Going over into Mexico this afternoon, so if I fail to send you a card, the Insurrectos have got me." This card was written and mailed to Miss Mollie Chaney in Longview, Texas on February 13, 1913 in Laredo, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13238/
[Water Vender]
A water vendor on the riverbank. Water vendors were called barrileros or aguadores. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13239/
[Mexican Water Cart]
A water cart drawn by two burros. Water vendors were called barrileros or aguadores. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13240/
[Hamilton Hotel, Laredo, Texas]
Postcard with a postmark from June 28, 1911 in Kansas City. The photograph on the front shows the Hamilton Hotel in Laredo, Texas before 1906. There is a letter written on the back of the postcard in pencil. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13241/
[Court House and Jail, Laredo, Texas]
Postcard dated April 4, 1912 that has a picture of the Web County jail and Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13242/
[Mercy Hospital and Jarvis Plaza, Laredo, Texas]
Postcard of Jarvis Plaza in Laredo Texas. Mercy Hospital is visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13243/
[Ross Hotel, Laredo, Texas]
Postcard of Ross Hotel in Laredo, Texas, formerly located at the northwest corner of Flores Avenue and Grant Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13244/
[Flores Street near City Hall]
Postcard of streetcars and cars on Flores Street in front of City Hall. The Strand Theater building is on the leftmost side. On the back of the postcard, there is a letter addressed to Mrs. F. MacArthur (Blanche) from Annie Lane asking her to send a photograph of the two of them together. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13245/
[Oxen carts in front of pawn shop]
Postcard of several men with loaded oxen carts in front of a pawn shop, Laredo, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13246/
[Horses and Buggies]
Horse and buggies in front of the Market Plaza building in Laredo, Texas texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13247/
[Destroyed remains of International Bridge]
Image of bridge destroyed by cyclone of April 28, 1905. Viewed from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13249/
[International Bridge over the Rio Grande]
Postcard with a southwest view of the International Bridge over the Rio Grande, from Laredo, Texas. There is a short letter on the back of the postcard mentioning a "new baby boy." Notes were added later regarding the identities of the parents, the baby, and the addressee who was a cousin of the writer. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13250/
[Convent building next to International Bridge]
Photograph showing a rear view of Convent Building next to the International Bridge. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13251/
[Buildings near Rio Grande River]
Photograph of the International Bridge across the Rio Grande River. View from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. In the background the building with a tower was the old convent building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13252/
[International Bridge across the Rio Grande]
Photograph of the International Bridge across the Rio Grande between Laredo, Texas and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13253/
[Market House, Laredo, Texas]
Postcard of a building (writing at the bottom labels it "Market House, Laredo, Tex."). The building is surrounded by horse-drawn carriages and several pedestrians are visible in the foreground of the image. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13254/
[International bridge, Nuevo Laredo, Mexico]
Scene of the International Bridge from the Nuevo Laredo side of the Rio Grande river. There is a letter on the back of the postcard addressed to Josie from Eugene Kneip discussing his plans. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13255/
[Ft. McIntosh, Laredo, Texas]
Postcard showing tents of the New Hampshire camp at Ft. McIntosh, Laredo, Texas texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13256/
[International Bridge, Laredo, Texas]
Postcard of the International bridge over the Rio Grande, at Laredo, Texas. There's a letter on the back of the postcard addressed to Mr. Frank Gallager. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13257/
[Matamoros Street in Laredo, Texas]
Photograph of houses on Matamoros Street in Laredo, Texas showing the Bender Hotel and St. Peter's Church in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13258/
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST