You limited your search to:

  Partner: Longview Public Library
[Reverend J. L. Terry]
Photograph of Reverend J. L. Terry, who was one of the early pastors in Longview, Texas. Reverend Terry was born in 1831 and died in 1917. He is buried in Greenwood Cemetery, in Longview. The photograph is mounted on gray cardboard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191215/
[First Baptist Church of Longview]
Photograph of the First Baptist Church congregation in Longview, Texas. The men, women and children in the photograph are standing in front of the church, located at the corner of South Fredonia and South Street. They are dressed in suits, hats and dresses. The pastor, Reverend J. E. Hughes, is standing left of center in a long, black coat. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191212/
[Longview Confederate Monument Unveiling]
Photographic postcard of the unveiling of the Confederate Monument at Bodie Park in Longview, Texas. There is a crowd of people gathered around the monument, and there are unidentified buildings in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191211/
[Longview Grade and High School]
Photograph of the "Longview Grade and High School," in Longview, Texas, as noted on the back of the photograph. There are students walking in front of the building. The photograph is mounted on tan cardboard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191217/
[Longview Railroad Workers]
Photograph of unidentified railroad workers in Longview, Texas. The workers are standing next to several railroad cars loaded for transport. The photograph is mounted on tan paper. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191210/
[Magnolia Place Hotel]
Photograph of the Magnolia Place Hotel in Longview, Texas. There is a sign above the second floor balcony that reads, "Magnolia Place." There are several people and children standing outside the hotel and on the balcony. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191218/
[Eckman Residence]
Photograph of the Eckman family residence, located at 311 South Fredonia Street, in Longview, Texas. There are two women, two men and two young girls standing in the yard, and there is a woman standing in the window on the left side of the photograph. There is a white picket fence in front of the house. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191214/
[Campbell's Lake]
Photograph of the construction of Campbell's Lake, a man-made lake in Gladewater, Texas. The lake dam was built by T & P Railroad. The lake is now known as Lake Devernia. From left to right, the members of the photograph are: Crawford Morgan, E. B. Protho, J. N. Campbell and W. K. Eckman. The photograph is mounted on gray cardboard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191219/
[Judson School Students]
Photograph of the staff and students of Judson School, in Longview, Texas. The students are sitting and standing on and near a car outside the school building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191216/
[Hill Residence]
Photograph of the Hill family residence, located at the 300 block of South Center Street, in Longview, Texas. Mr. Richard Cabell Hill and Mrs. Martha Hill are standing outside of their home with an unidentified African American boy and girl. There is a white picket fence in front of the house. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191213/
[LeTourneau Industries]
Photograph of LeTourneau brand machinery moving heavy loads of supplies onto rail cars in Longview, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191315/
[LeTourneau Dome Construction]
Photograph of the dome construction at LeTourneau Munitions, Inc., a company that produced massive amounts of ammunition during WWII in Longview, Texas. The heavy machinery used to construct the dome were designed and built by Robert G. LeTourneau. The dome cap is pictured in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191312/
[LeTourneau Dome Construction]
Photograph of the dome construction at LeTourneau Munitions, Inc., a company that produced massive amounts of ammunition during WWII in Longview, Texas. The heavy machinery used to construct the dome were designed and built by Robert G. LeTourneau. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191311/
[LeTourneau Machinery]
Photograph of the LeTourneau 2592 LeTro-stacker at work hauling and stacking logs in Longview, Texas. This piece of machinery was designed and built by Robert G. LeTourneau of Longview, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191317/
[LeTourneau Dome Construction]
Photograph of the dome construction at LeTourneau Munitions, Inc., a company that produced massive amounts of ammunition during WWII in Longview, Texas. The heavy machinery used to construct the dome were designed and built by Robert G. LeTourneau. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191310/
[LeTourneau Industries]
Photograph of a log train designed and built by Robert G. LeTourneau, the owner of LeTourneau Industries. The log train is hauling lumber through downtown Longview, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191318/
[LeTourneau Munitions, Inc.]
Photograph of the inside of LeTourneau Munitions, Inc., a company that produced massive amounts of ammunition during WWII in Longview, Texas. In the photo, the machinery that R. G. LeTourneau designed and built for his facility is shown. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191314/
[LeTourneau Plane and Car]
Photograph of Robert G. LeTourneau's station wagon and airplane. LeTourneau founded a Christian radio station, called KLTI, in Longview, Texas. The vehicles were affiliated with the radio station. The back of the station wagon was equipped with radio broadcasting equipment for on the spot interviews. The car was nicknamed the "Weasel" and the plane was called the "Seeing Eye." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191319/
[LeTourneau Tournamatic Carryall]
Photograph of the LeTourneau Tournamatic Carryall. This piece of machinery was designed and built by Robert G. LeTourneau of Longview, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191316/
[LeTourneau Munitions, Inc.]
Photograph of the inside of LeTourneau Munitions, Inc., a company that produced massive amounts of ammunition during WWII in Longview, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191313/
[LeTourneau Industries]
Photograph of a completed offshore oil rig located in the Gulf of Mexico. The rig was built at the LeTourneau Industries oil rig building facility near Vicksburg, Mississippi, which began operation in 1944. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191325/
[LeTourneau Industries]
Photograph of the LeTourneau Industries oil rig building facility near Vicksburg, Mississippi, which began operation in 1944. The photograph shows an aerial view of the facility. The platforms were assembled on the river band and were walked into the river for final fitting. From Vicksburg, the river tow boats transported the rigs to New Orleans, Louisiana, where they were transferred to the Gulf by ocean going tugs. The first off-shore drilling rig ever created was designed and built by Robert G. LeTourneau without any formal drawings or plans. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191322/
[LeTourneau Industries]
Photograph of a large crane designed and built by Robert G. LeTourneau of Longview, Texas. It is pictured next to a barge ship, which shows the relative size of the piece of machinery. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191321/
[LeTourneau Industries]
Photograph of the LeTourneau Tournalayer, a massive machine that was designed by Robert G. LeTourneau. The machine was used to create monolithic homes in basic units of 784 square feet, and it could turn out as many as eight homes in one day. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191327/
[LeTourneau Radio Station]
Photograph of Robert G. LeTourneau's Christian broadcasting radio station, called KLTI, which was located in Longview, Texas. In the photograph, the radio station is shown in the middle of a field, and there is a tall radio tower to the right of the station. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191320/
[Longview Home]
Photograph of one of the early, rustic homes built in Longview, Texas. There is an unidentified man and woman standing in the front yard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191328/
[LeTourneau Industries]
Photograph of the LeTourneau Industries oil rig building facility near Vicksburg, Mississippi, which began operation in 1944. The photograph shows three rigs under construction. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191324/
[First Methodist Church of Longview]
Photograph of the First Methodist Church of Longview, Texas. The church was founded around 1840 in the section of Longview that later became Earpville. In 1871, the church building was moved to a plot of ground given by the Texas and Pacific Railroad. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191329/
[LeTourneau College Dormitories]
Photograph of the parking lot and the entrance to LeTourneau College in Longview, Texas. The college dormitories are shown in the photograph; they were formerly a part of Harmon Hospital. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191326/
[LeTourneau Industries]
Photograph of the LeTourneau Industries oil rig building facility near Vicksburg, Mississippi, which began operation in 1944. The photograph shows the final testing for one of the oil rigs built at the facility. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191323/
[Longview Union Station Depot]
Photograph of J. H. Hurst and L. L. Eddins at work at the Longview Union Station Depot in Longview, Texas. Mr. Eddins is seated at a desk to the left of the room, and Mr. Hurst is standing next to him, as noted on the back of the photograph. There is a furnace in the center of the room, and there is a book press on the right side of the room, sitting on top of a desk. This photograph was taken before the depot was moved to its current location at the corner of Mobberly and Cotton streets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191265/
[Albert and Ada Morgan]
Photograph of Albert Elonza Morgan and Ada Fisher Morgan of Longview, Texas. Mr. and Mrs. Morgan are pictured outside a house covered in ivy. They are buried at Grace Hill Cemetery in Longview. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191262/
[Railroad Engine 154]
Photograph of Longview, Texas railroad workers posing next to Engine Number 154. From left to right, the men pictured are: J. W. Kinney, Switchman; Dee Moore, Longview Switch Engine; B. C. Todd, Sr., Fireman; W. J. Padon, Engineer; and Joe Still, Engine Foreman. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191261/
[Howard and Carter Wedding Party]
Photograph of the wedding party of Kathleen Howard and Joseph D. Carter of Longview, Texas. There are several unidentified family members and guests in the photograph; all known members are listed on the back of the photograph. From left to right, top to bottom, the members pictured are: Top row: Luke Cole, Mrs. Joe Battle, Birdie Fisher, Bo Brown, Garland Smith, Tracy Flanagan, Flo Bramlette, Sadie Spradling, Anita Howard, Mr. and Mrs. J. D. Roach. Second row: Anna Coleman, Mrs. W. F. Wood, Camie F. Gray, Joseph D. Carter, Kathleen Howard, Laura Howard, Mr. McGinnis, Gladys Howard, Mr. and Mrs. Jackson C. Howard (parents of the bride). Bottom row: Agnes Brown, W. C. Hixson, Shep (family dog). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191267/
[Frank T. Rembert]
Photographic postcard of Frank T. Rembert, a telegrapher from Copiah County, Mississippi. Mr. Rembert moved to Longview, Texas in 1877. Mr. Rembert is wearing a suit and a hat, and he is sitting in a wicker chair. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191260/
[Western Union]
Photograph of the construction of the Western Union depot in Longview, Texas, which was located at Cotton and Mobberly streets. There are several unidentified men standing in front of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191268/
[Cotton Compress]
Photograph of an early cotton compress in Longview, Texas. When cotton was brought in to Longview, it was left in stacks on the street in front of F. T. Rembert's office. Eventually, the street where Rembert's office and businesses were located was named Cotton Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191264/
[Emancipation Day for the Mules]
Photograph of "Emancipation Day for the Mules" in Longview, Texas, as noted on the trolley banner on the front of the photograph. O. H. Methvin, one of Longview's biggest supporters, emancipated his mules in 1911 to make way for the electric trolley. There are men, women and children gathered in and around one of the trolley cars. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191269/
[Mary Whaley]
Photographic postcard of Mrs. Mary Whaley of Longview, Texas. Mary was the wife of Franklin L. Whaley. She is standing next to a large vase filled with two types of lilies. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191266/
[Longview Triplets]
Photograph of the first triplets born in Longview, Texas. The triplets were born to the unidentified African American couple in the photograph. Dr. James D. Grant, the only Longview African American physician in 1930, is in the center of the photograph. He delivered the triplets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191263/
[S. C. Forman Hardware Store]
Photograph of the S. C. Forman Hardware storefront in Longview, Texas. S. C. Forman owned and operated the hardware store, and he doubled as a mortician. There are two unidentified men standing outside of the hardware store. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191285/
[Longview Lumber Race]
Photograph of lumber haulers using mules to haul their lumber loads through downtown Longview, Texas. Different companies competed to haul the largest load to the sawmill, and the winner who hauled the largest load the fastest received a prize. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191282/
[Oil Fields]
Photograph of an oil field in Longview, Texas. The oil fields in Longview and Kilgore, Texas were known as the "World's Richest Acre." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191281/
[T. D. Coupland Goods]
Photograph of the employees of T. D. Coupland Goods in Longview, Texas. The employees are all standing outside of the store. From left to right, the employees pictured are: Searcy Birdsong, T. D. Coupland, Connie Birdsong, Minnie Shellman, C. E. Bailey, Kate Roe, Tom McClain, and J. Willis Booth. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191287/
[Humble Oil Well]
Photograph of the workers of the Humble oil well #22. From left to right, the workers pictured are: Fowler, Ward, Bob Robinson, Dee Ferrell and Clyde Sublett. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191280/
[A. H. Phillips and Son]
Photograph of A. H. Phillips and Son, a general store that was located in Longview, Texas. Phillips, his sons, as well as an unidentified man are all pictured standing outside of the store. The store sold radios, groceries, and other items. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191288/
[Gladewater Jailhouse]
Photograph of the original Gladewater Jailhouse in Gladewater, Texas. There are two men standing outside the wooden jailhouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191284/
[Jackson Conner Howard]
Photograph of Jackson Conner Howard. Howard was Sheriff of Gregg County for 13 years, and he served as sheriff when the Dalton Bank Robbery took place in June 1894. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191289/
[Oil Well Fire]
Photograph of the Sinclair #1 Oil Well, near Gladewater, Texas. The oil well caught fire on April 28, 1931 and killed nine men. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191283/
[Sob Sister]
Photograph of a large billboard displayed above Rembert Theater for the movie, "Sob Sister." There is an illustration of a man's head and a woman typing on a typewriter on the billboard, and the full cast is listed. There are lights illuminating the sign, and there is a ladder leaning against the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth191175/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST