Date: c. 1960
Description: Pennsylvania Railroad's mighty and versatile Engine No. 1361, a K4s Pacific type 4-6-2 locomotive, was one of the earliest built in the shops at Altoona, Pennsylvania. This locomotive was placed in service May 18, 1918 and hauled passenger trains on the main line between New York, Harrisburg, and Pittsburgh over a period of thirty-five years. It rolled up a total of 2,469,000 miles before retirement. It now reposes at the famous Horseshoe Curve as a permanent monument.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the American Railroad