You limited your search to:

  Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
 Language: English
Texas City Disaster

Texas City Disaster

Date: 1947
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the twisted wreckage of a 1940s automobile sitting beside a building.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Rose Hill Manor House with Snow in the Early 1960's]

[Rose Hill Manor House with Snow in the Early 1960's]

Date: 1960~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Rose Hill manor house covered with snow in the early 1960's. The lawn and bushes in front of the columned house are also covered with layers of snow.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
Women's Committee Plan YMCA Fund Campaign

Women's Committee Plan YMCA Fund Campaign

Date: April 1963
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of nine women and men gathered at the end of a covered table. Seated left to right: Mrs. G. S. Donegan; Mrs. W. F. Fredeman; Mrs. Baron; and Mrs. Mike Murphy. Standing: Mrs. H. P. Weber; Mrs. Maxwell Cook; Mrs. Wes Spiegel, Jr.; Euclid Hudson; and A. F. Myers. Typewritten under the photo is a description, noting the people, positions, and dates.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
Texaco Old North Gate Early 1960s

Texaco Old North Gate Early 1960s

Date: 1960~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the north gate of the Texaco complex in the early 1960s. Several tire tracks are visible in front of the gate, which opens out into a complex of buildings and refineries.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Photograph of Officials in Port Arthur, Texas, 1973]

[Photograph of Officials in Port Arthur, Texas, 1973]

Date: September 12, 1973
Creator: Watkins Studio
Description: Photograph of a group of eight suited men gathered around a table that has been arranged with ashtrays, writing pads, and pencils. The wood paneled walls of the room have framed pictures of Port Arthur.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
April 1959, Fire Destroyed the Port Arthur YMCA Building

April 1959, Fire Destroyed the Port Arthur YMCA Building

Date: April 1959
Creator: Cricchio Studio
Description: Photograph of the remains of the burned YMCA building in Port Arthur, Texas, 1959. All that's left are twisted steel I-beams, charred wood, and stone. Firemen can be seen working in the wreckage.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Photograph of the Boogie Kings]

[Photograph of the Boogie Kings]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the musical group Boogie Kings. The nine men in white blazers and black pants pose with their instruments in two rows, with four of the men standing above the five other sitting or crouching members. "Boogie Kings" is printed over the lower center member. The bottom left portion of the photograph has been printed with the words "World Famous "Blue-Eyed Soul Show." A phone number is printed in the middle of the bottom, and an address is given at the bottom right.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Photograph of the Boogie Kings Performing Onstage]

[Photograph of the Boogie Kings Performing Onstage]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Boogie Kings performing on stage in white tuxedo jackets. Five men in front play on brass instruments, while two men in the background play on a drum set and guitar, respectively. "The Fabulous Boogie Kings Blue-Eyed Soul" is printed in the top left corner of the photo, and there's a drawn image of an anthropomorphic cat in a white tuxedo near the lower center. Ned Theall's phone number is written in the lower left, Jon Smith's in the lower right. The lower center portion of the photo bears a contact address for "Louisiana's Greatest Rhythm N' Blues Band."
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Portrait of Tiny Moore]

[Portrait of Tiny Moore]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Tiny Moore,visible from the chest up, posing with a violin. Moore is wearing a patterned shirt with bolo tie, a jacket, and a straw cowboy hat. He has the violin under his right arm and angled across his body, and has his bow in his right hand. Text printed under the photograph includes his name and the address and phone number for an unidentified company in Sacramento, California.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast
[Photograph of McIntosh and Seymour Engines at Central Pump Station]

[Photograph of McIntosh and Seymour Engines at Central Pump Station]

Date: July 1992
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of McIntosh and Seymour engines at Central Pump Station. The blue and red engines are housed in a brick building and have a "No Smoking Beyond This Point" sign attached at the side.
Contributing Partner: Museum of the Gulf Coast