You limited your search to:

  Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
 County: Jefferson County, TX
[Contestants in Beard Judging Contest]

[Contestants in Beard Judging Contest]

Date: unknown
Creator: J. C. Watkins Photography
Description: Photograph of a group of men who have entered a beard competition for a celebration of the founding of Port Arthur, TX. All the men are gathered in a room surrounded by a group of spectators. The men are looking up at the photographer in front of them.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Golden Jubilee Speedboat Race]

[Golden Jubilee Speedboat Race]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Two photographs of the Golden Jubilee Celebration of 1948 in Port Arthur, TX, pasted back-to-back. The front photograph depicts a large group of people seated on a wooden pier on the left side of the photo. This pier is on Rue de Soldats Drive parallel to the waterway. Several boats are in the water, racing past the group of spectators. The photograph on the back is photographed from a high vantage overlooking the Rue de Soldats Drive with a number of automobiles and people in the foreground. A line of spectators runs diagonally into the background from the right foreground and disappears in the distance. The storm levee and Pleasure Island are visible across the waterway.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Port Arthur Downtown Christmas Parade]

[Port Arthur Downtown Christmas Parade]

Date: unknown
Creator: Everett, James
Description: Photograph of a Christmas Parade in downtown Port Arthur, TX. A large crowd is lining either side of the street. A number of cars are also on either side. Several groups of young children are seated atop the cars. Many stores are also visible including a theater, super market, and paint store, among others.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Photograph of Young College Girls]

[Photograph of Young College Girls]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of six college girls in Port Arthur, TX. They are lined up all holding each other from the back. They are wearing the same clothing of a dark skirt, white blouse and dark neckerchief. One of the girls has a large bow holding up her hair. Several appear to be laughing about something. A single person wearing a dark suit and hat is standing in the background.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Gates Memorial Library Staff]

[Gates Memorial Library Staff]

Date: 1955
Creator: Beryl Crist Photography
Description: Photograph of the Gates Memorial Library Staff standing outside the library. They are identified as Lucy Stiefel, Elizabeth Karle (Director), Mary Ann Canfil, Shirley Bragg, Betty, Mary Bray, Gwen Foster, and Emily Maxwell. Text on the front of the library says "Memorial Library A Gift of Dellora R. Gates to the People of Port Arthur."
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Photograph of Chief Mendel B. Ward]

[Photograph of Chief Mendel B. Ward]

Date: unknown
Creator: McNatt Studio
Description: Photograph of Chief Mendel B. Ward. He is wearing a coat with a badge over his heart. Patches with three stars are on each of his lapels. On his shoulders are shoulder patches that read "chief." Three buttons are fastened on the front of the coat. Underneath, he is wearing a light shirt and tie.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Photograph of Emil Muller]

[Photograph of Emil Muller]

Date: unknown
Creator: McNatt Studio
Description: Photograph of a printer from Port Arthur, TX. He wearing a shirt and tie and pinstripe vest and coat. A pencil is in his left breast coat pocket. He has a small mustache and dark hair.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Bowl King Kole Bowling Alley]

[Bowl King Kole Bowling Alley]

Date: 1961
Creator: Everett, James
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of Bowl King Kole bowling alley on Gulfway Drive. The building says "Bowl King Kole" at the top, and has cut-outs of bowling balls wearing crowns on it. In the foreground, there is a parking lot with cars in it.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Whitehaven House]

[Whitehaven House]

Date: 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of a building identified as Whitehaven, the home of Dr. and Mrs. H. D. Morris on 2545 Lakeshore Drive. The house is two stories high, and columns in the front reach the second story. There is a flag pole and a circle driveway in the front yard. Text at the top of the photograph says "White Haven 1988." The house was built in 1915, and is now owned and operated by Lamar State College. Facilities were donated to the college by the Port Arthur Daughters of the American Revolution in 2000.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Sanctuary of First United Methodist Church]

[Sanctuary of First United Methodist Church]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the sanctuary of the First United Methodist Church in Port Arthur, TX. A set of pipes from the organ are along the back wall. Three rows of chairs are in front of the pipes. Two doors are on either side of the pulpit area. Pews are at the bottom of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST