You limited your search to:

  Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[USS Constitution Sailing in Port Arthur]

[USS Constitution Sailing in Port Arthur]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Rainbow Bridge crossing the Neches River between Jefferson and Orange Counties, TX. A ship is crossing beneath the bridge. According to accompanying information, at the time the photograph was taken, the bridge was the tallest in the south. The bridge was completed in 1938.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[USS Kula Gulf]

[USS Kula Gulf]

Date: 1969
Creator: Watkins Studio
Description: Photograph of the aircraft carrier USS Kula Gulf, sailing on the Sabine-Neches Canal in Port Arthur, Texas. No aircraft are visible on the deck.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Vessel Loaded with Export Oil]

[Vessel Loaded with Export Oil]

Date: unknown
Creator: Trost
Description: Photograph of two ships in the Port Arthur, TX harbor. One ship is the Atlas. It has two masts and one smokestack. The ship is loaded with export oil out of Port Arthur. To the right is another ship that is not steam-powered with four masts.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Veterans and Boy Scouts at American Legion Clubhouse]

[Veterans and Boy Scouts at American Legion Clubhouse]

Date: 193?
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of veterans and boy scouts outside of an American Legion Clubhouse on 720 Lakeshore Drive. They are standing amongst long tables with plates of food on them. In the background, there are cars and trees. Text at the bottom of the photograph says "American Legion Clubhouse Lakeshore Drive."
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[View from Sabine Hotel]

[View from Sabine Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: Everett, James
Description: Photograph of a view the top of Sabine Hotel on Fifth Street. In the foreground, there are buildings and streets. In the background, Sabine Lake and Louisiana are visible.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[View of Sabine Lake]

[View of Sabine Lake]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of two ships, one identified as U. S. S. Manhattan, in Sabine Lake beside Pleasure Pier Bridge. The U. S. S. Manhattan is the largest vessel of its time to enter the Sabine-Neches Canal. In the foreground, there is a view of Port Arthur. One building is identified as Jefferson County Sub-Courthouse on Lakeshore Drive.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[W. T. Grant Company]

[W. T. Grant Company]

Date: August 1951
Creator: Everett, James
Description: Photograph of W. T. Grant Company on 701 Procter Street. The display windows are filled with products and signs. Some of the signs say "Air Conditioned" and "44 [cents]." Text above the entrances says "W. T. Grant Co." Columns in front of the entrances say "Grants."
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Wallings Dairy Farm]

[Wallings Dairy Farm]

Date: 1944
Creator: Everett, James
Description: Photograph of wooden buildings identified as Wallings Dairy Farm, located on the north side of State Highway 365 in Nederland, Texas. There are two silos in front of a wooden building. To the right of the silos, there is a wooden house with a car parked in front of it. Several cows are spread out through the grounds. In the foreground, there is a wire fence.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Water and Sewer Planning Session]

[Water and Sewer Planning Session]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of five men at a planning session for a Port Arthur water and sewer bond issue. Pictured standing left to right are Paul Rushing, Assistant City Engineer; City Councilmen Bernis W. Sadler and Larry Fontana; and Robert A. Bowers, Director of Public Works. Seated in a wheelchair is H. P. Rodrique, Head Draftsman. They are standing around a drawing table looking at a set of blueprints.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library
[Webster School]

[Webster School]

Date: 1947
Creator: J. C. Watkins Photography
Description: Photograph of a building identified as a Port Arthur Independent School District administration office. Several men are working on top of the roof. A sign on the front of the building says "School Administration School Taxes." In the foreground, there are trees and a street. The number "1947" is handwritten at the top of the photograph. This building was built in 1900 with a $15,000 bond. It was formerly an elementary school, and since students found it hard to use the stairs, it became the administration building. A business card for Mac Roofing and Supplies, Inc is attached to the back of the photograph.
Contributing Partner: Port Arthur Public Library