You limited your search to:

  Partner: Private Collection of Carolyn West
 Collection: Texas History Collection
[Photograph of the Grave of The Reverend J. H. Reynolds]

[Photograph of the Grave of The Reverend J. H. Reynolds]

Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie
Description: Photograph of the gravestone of the Reverend J. H. Reynolds (August 1, 1832 - February 16, 1927) and A. F. C. Reynolds (March 24, 1835 - October 8 1914). Red poinsettias have been placed in front of the marker. The tombstone is carved with a cross down its center with masonic imagery on either side.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Carolyn West
[Texas Historical Commission Marker: Primitive Baptist Church of Tioga]

[Texas Historical Commission Marker: Primitive Baptist Church of Tioga]

Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie
Description: Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker for Primitive Baptist Church of Tioga in Tioga, Texas. Text: Organized 1884, in Lone Star; moved to Tioga, 1893. Present church built, 1948. T. N. Cutler, first pastor. Sam Rayburn, Speaker, U.S. House of Representatives was baptized here 1956, by H.G. Ball, Elder. Ball conducted Rayburn's funeral in Bonham, 1961. Four presidents attended.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Carolyn West
[Photograph of Pottsboro]

[Photograph of Pottsboro]

Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie
Description: Photograph of a part of Pottsboro, Texas with a street winding through it. In the background of the photograph, there is a traffic light and several houses. There is a sign that reads: Drug free, gun free, school zone.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Carolyn West
[State Historical Survey Committee Marker: First United Methodist Church]

[State Historical Survey Committee Marker: First United Methodist Church]

Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie
Description: Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker for First United Methodist Church in Sherman, Texas. Text: First congregation of the Methodist Episcopal Church South in Sherman. Established in 1859 with the Reverend J.M. Binkley, pastor, the church was born of labors of circuit riders who braved this frontier area even before the county was organized. The first members worshipped under a brush arbor located on what is now the Sherman Public Square. The first permanent building, a frame structure, was erected in 1860. Located in the 300 block of South Travis Street, this building burned in 1885. For four years the congregation worshipped in the city opera house while a brick sanctuary was being erected on the original site. This structure was occupied in 1889 and used until 1910, when a new and larger domed edifice, located at North Travis and Mulberry Streets, was occupied. For 44 years "Travis Street Methodist Church" served as a focal point of Methodist activity in Sherman and North Texas. To meet the needs of a growing congregation, the present structure was erected in 1955 (Mulberry and Elm Streets) on property once belonging to Kidd-Key College, a Methodist school. The church was named "First Methodist ...
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Carolyn West
[Photograph of Captain N. A. Birge House]

[Photograph of Captain N. A. Birge House]

Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie
Description: Photograph of Captain N.A. Birge House in Sherman, Texas. The multistory house is painted white with a gray roof. The second story has a balcony over the house's porch and there is a brick chimney.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Carolyn West
[Photograph of City of Tom Bean #2]

[Photograph of City of Tom Bean #2]

Date: 2011-12/2012-03
Creator: West, Carolyn Effie
Description: Photograph of City of Tom Bean. A brick sign in front of a metal building reads "Tom Bean Est. 1887". A clock sits on top of the sign. Between the sign and the building there is a pole flying an American flag and a Texas flag.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Carolyn West
FIRST PREV 28 29 30 31 32 NEXT LAST