You limited your search to:

  Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
[Texas Historical Commission Marker: Site of Rehearsal Hall for The Hoo Hoo Band]

[Texas Historical Commission Marker: Site of Rehearsal Hall for The Hoo Hoo Band]

Date: January 27, 2010
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker for the site of the rehearsal hall for The Hoo Hoo Band, located in front of the Perry Building in downtown Lufkin, Texas. Text: At the turn of the Century, a group of Lufkin men organized a town brass band. it late became known as The Hoo Hoo Band after representing Texas at a national convention of the Order of Hoo Hoo, an organization of American and Canadian lumbermen. In addition to concerts in nearby Cotton (Calder) Square, the band performed at various events and also directed such civic projects as the formation of the ton's fire department. Inactive by the 1920s when school bands became popular, The Hoo Hoo Band remains a symbol of Lufkin's early civic pride and quality of life. (1982)
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
THC Historical Marker

THC Historical Marker

Date: January 27, 2010
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of THC Marker for the Martin Wagon Company across from the 1929 Central Fire Station in downtown Lufkin.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
[Truck Outside Perry Building]

[Truck Outside Perry Building]

Date: January 27, 2010
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of the main entrance to the Perry Building in downtown Lufkin, Texas. The entrance consists of double doors, metal frames, and display windows on each side. To either side, the building has a polished stone wainscot. A gray truck is parked in front of the building.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
Ward R. Burke United States Courthouse

Ward R. Burke United States Courthouse

Date: January 27, 2010
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of Ward R Burke United States Courthouse, 1980,former 1936 post office building, located across from the Angelina County Courthouse.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Chairs

1891 Colorado County Courthouse Chairs

Date: November 4, 2009
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of three side chairs in the district courtroom in the 1891 Colorado County courtroom in down town Columbus, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Interior

1891 Colorado County Courthouse Interior

Date: November 4, 2009
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of four wooden chairs sitting against a low wooden gate inside of the Colorado County courthouse.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Interior Ceiling

1891 Colorado County Courthouse Interior Ceiling

Date: November 4, 2009
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of the ceiling in the district courtroom in the 1891 Colorado County courthouse in downtown Columbus, Texas. A light fixture hangs down in front of a window.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration

1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration

Date: November 4, 2009
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of repaired and repainted windows on the north side of the second floor of the 1891 Colorado County Courthouse restoration project. The window and walls are covered with metal scaffolding.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration

1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration

Date: November 4, 2009
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of a construction crane operating on the northwest courthouse lawn. The crane is lifting bundles of tiles to the roof level.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell
1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration

1891 Colorado County Courthouse Restoration

Date: November 4, 2009
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of the west side of the Colorado County courthouse during a restoration project. The building is covered with scaffolding.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell