Date: October 6, 2007
Creator: Bell, Jim
Description: Photograph of a typical entrance set in an inside corner on the 1895 Ellis County Courthouse in downtown Waxahachie, Texas. There are four main entrances set on the cardinal points of the compass. The Romanesque building was designed by architect James Riley Gordon. The building is massive limestone in gray for the foundation and Burnet limestone for structure, columns of rose colored granite columns, Pecos Red sandstone was used for arches, columns, and string courses. There are eagles and gargoyles for ornamentation.
Contributing Partner: Private Collection of Jim Bell