You limited your search to:

  Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 Block E. Oak]
Photograph of the 100 Block E. Oak taken from the road. Photo was taken for the Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas 1989-1991. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10080/
[100 Block W. Gooch]
Photograph of the front and east side of a white, one-story house located in the 100 block of W. Gooch in Palestine, Texas. There is decorative woodwork on the front porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10327/
[100 Block W. Kolstad]
Photo of the 100 block of W. Kolstad. Houses from the left to right are 119, 117, and 115 W. Kolstad. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9442/
[100 Block W. Oak]
Photograph of a two-story, red-brick building located on the 100 Block W. Oak in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Oak and Sycamore streets. There is a striped awning across the front of the building and signs for "Charles E. Dickens Jewelry" and "Watts Stationery & Office Supply Co." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10736/
[100 Block W. Oak]
Photograph of a one-story commercial building with metal siding on the front, located in the 100 Block W. Oak in Palestine, Texas. Text in the window says "Antiques." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10734/
[100 Block W. Oak]
Photograph of a two-story brick building located at 100 Block W. Oak in Palestine, Texas, shown from the corner of north Sycamore and west Oak streets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10735/
[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]
Lamar School was originally constructed by the Palestine School District in 1922 as an elementary school to educate the children of south side neighborhoods. With the advent of the new Southside Elementary, the school was closed. It now houses the Anderson County Champions for Children and the WIC offices. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9411/
[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]
Photograph of 100 E. Brazos taken from the road. Photo was taken for the Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas 1989-1991. Lamar School was originally constructed by the Palestine School District in 1922 as an elementary school to educate the children of south side neighborhoods. With the advent of the new Southside Elementary, the school was closed. It now houses the Anderson County Champions for Children and the WIC offices. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10426/
[100 S. Sycamore]
Photograph of the front and north side of the Pearlstone Grocery Company Building warehouse located at 100 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas. The brick building is painted white and has paired, double-hung windows set within segmented arches and vertical brick piers that define the bays. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10523/
[100 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone Grocery Company]
This building is one of the relatively few historic warehouses to survive in Palestine. The building is indicative of how little stylistic ornamentation was applied to buildings that were used for utilitarian purposes. The building does have paired, double-hung windows set within segmented arches and vertical brick piers that define the bays. The Davidson-Pearlstone Grocery Company was in operation at this site for several years following its formation in 1899. In 1904 local businessman Hyman Pearlstone bought the controlling interest and renamed the company. According to local historians, J.T. Sweetman bought an interest in the firm in 1905. The Pearlstone Grocery Company opened in this building in January 1913. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9412/
[100 W Oak]
This building is located at the corner of Oak Street and Sycamore in downtown "New Town" Palestine. It once housed the Kolstad Jewelry Store, which operated in Palestine for over 100 years. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth26386/
[101 E. Kolstad]
Photograph of the front and east side of a one-story, Craftsman bungalow-style house painted blue with white trim, located at 101 E. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10280/
[101 E. Oak]
Photograph of the front and side of the "Federal Building," located at 101 E. Oak in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story brick building with Renaissance Revival-style details. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10077/
[101 E. Oak - Federal Building]
Photograph of the front (south) and west side of the "Federal Building," located at 101 E. Oak in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story brick building with Renaissance Revival-style details. This view shows the building from the corner of Oak and Sycamore streets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9396/
[101 E. Palestine Ave]
Close-up photograph of a white, building with Spanish-style architecture, including a red-tiled roof, located at 101 E. Palestine in Palestine, Texas. This view shows part of the main section of the building that has three floors as well as one of the two-story wings to the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10727/
[101 E. Palestine Ave]
Photograph of a white, building with Spanish-style architecture, including a red-tiled roof, located at 101 E. Palestine in Palestine, Texas. The main part of the building has three floors and a tower; there are two-story wings on either side. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10728/
[101 W. Crawford]
Photograph of the front and east side of a commercial brick building located at 101 W. Crawford in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Crawford and Sycamore streets. There are clothes in the windows and text next to the door: "Factory Outlet, Amkar Enterprises Inc., Designer Clothing." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10375/
[101 W. Green]
Photograph of the front of a one-story, modified L-plan frame house located at 101 W. Green in Palestine, Texas. It has some Queen Anne-style details such as the shingle siding in the front gable end; other details include the box columns and brick pedestals across the front porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10325/
[101 W. Green]
Photograph of the southwest corner of a one-story, modified L-plan frame house located at 101 W. Green in Palestine, Texas. It has some Queen Anne-style details such as the shingle siding in the front gable end; other details include the box columns and brick pedestals across the front porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10326/
[101 W. Main]
Photograph of the front and east side of a two-story building located at 101 W. Main in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Main and Sycamore streets. The first floor is red brick in the front; the rest of the building has been painted a cream color. It has corbelled brickwork above the second floor windows and in the parapet. There is a sign on the corner of the building and writing above the front entrance says "Family Value Drug Center." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10148/
[101 W. Spring]
Photograph of the northeast corner of "The Gregg-Link Building" located at 101 E. Spring in Palestine, Texas, taken at the intersection of Sycamore and Main streets. It is a three-story building with Romanesque Revival-style architectural detailing. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10566/
[101 W. Spring]
Photograph of the southeast corner of "The Gregg-Link Building" located at 101 E. Spring in Palestine, Texas, taken at the intersection of E. Spring and N. Sycamore streets. It is a three-story building with Romanesque Revival-style architectural detailing. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10567/
[102 E. Ezell]
Photograph of a white, one-story house located at 102 E. Ezell in Palestine, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10344/
104 E. Park Avenue
Photograph of a two-story, red brick house with white trim, located at 104 E. Park Avenue in Palestine, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10718/
[105 E. Main]
Photograph of the front and east side of a one-story brick building located at 105 E. Main in Palestine, Texas. There is an awning across the front of the building and text on the window says "Swift & Swift Attorneys at Law." Part of an adjoining two-story brick building is visible on the left and another building is visible in the background, behind a parking lot to the right of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10149/
[105 W. Green]
Photograph of the front of a single-story, L-plan house located at 105 W. Green in Palestine, Texas. The house is blue with white accents and has a front- and side-facing gabled roof. Noteworthy features include the porch with its slender classically-inspired columns and the oculus window in the front gable end. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10324/
[105 W. Green]
Photograph of the front of a single-story, L-plan house located at 105 W. Green in Palestine, Texas. The house is blue with white accents and has a front- and side-facing gabled roof. Noteworthy features include the porch with its slender classically-inspired columns and the oculus window in the front gable end. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10323/
[105 W. Main]
Photograph of the front of a two-story brick building located at105 W. Main in Palestine, Texas. It is connected on either side to other two-story commercial buildings. There is decorative brickwork along the top of the building and the windows of the second floor are boarded over. There is a sidewalk cover along the front of the building and text on the door says "Fotopolos Shoe Store;" that business later closed. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10147/
[107 E. Kolstad]
Photograph of the front and west side of the "Gaught House," a two-story, red-brick house located at 107 E. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas. There is a double staircase leading to the raised front porch, which has ionic columns. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10279/
[107 E. Kolstad - Gaught House]
This house is an anomaly among historic residences in Palestine and defies classification. Local contractor John H. Gaught built this house in the early 1910’s, to plans by prominent architect James F. Brook. Gaught was responsible for the construction of some of Palestine’s most notable buildings, including the Redlands Hotel and the Centenary Methodist Church. According to deed records, Gaught sold the house to John R. Hearne, Jr., in January 1914. Hearne was a salesman at the Palestine Hardware Company who lived here with his wife, Clara Welborn, until 1945, when W.T. Lively acquired the building. Lively continued to occupy the house through 1971, and was responsible for the building’s rear addition. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9429/
[107 E. Park Avenue]
Photograph of a 1 ½-story, brick, Tudor Revival-style house located at 107 E. Park Avenue in Palestine, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10717/
[107 W. Crawford]
Photograph of the front of a brick building located at 107 W. Crawford in Palestine, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10374/
109 E. Spring
Photograph of a red-brick building located at 109 E. Spring in Palestine, Texas. The windows have logos for Toledo Finance and a sign over the door says "Toledo Loans." On the left of the building, an alley with a fire escape and part of a white stone building are visible. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10565/
[110 E. Davis]
Photograph of the front and east side of a white, one-story house located at 110 E. Davis in Palestine, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10355/
[110 E. Pine]
Photograph of the front of a blue, modified L-plan house located at 110 E. Pine in Palestine, Texas. It has Queen Anne-style trim on the gable end and around the porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10677/
[111 Angelina - Pentecom LLC]
Located at the northwest corner of Angelina and Royall streets, it was at one time the Medical Center Pharmacy. As of August 2006, the building houses the offices of Pentecom LLC. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9422/
[111 E. Pine]
Photograph of the front and east side of a one-story house located at 111 E. Pine in Palestine, Texas. The house is located on a hill and is made of red brick with a front porch that wraps around one corner of the house. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10676/
[111 E. Pine]
Photograph of the front and west side of a house at 111 E. Pine in Palestine, Texas. The house is made of red brick and is located on a slight hill. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10675/
[111 W. Spring]
Photograph of the front of "The Hinzie Building" located at 111 W. Spring in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white, brick building with Victorian Italianate-style embellishments, including segmented-arched hoodmolds, quoins along the side of the front, and an elaborately detailed parapet. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10564/
[112-114 W. Dallas]
Photograph of the front and side of a one-story, white, modified L-plan duplex located at 112-114 W. Dallas in Palestine, Texas. It has a wrap-around porch with Classical Revival-style Doric columns. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10360/
[112-114 W. Dallas]
Photograph of the front and west side of a one-story, white, modified L-plan duplex located at 112-114 W. Dallas in Palestine, Texas. It has a wrap-around porch with Classical Revival-style Doric columns. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10359/
[112 E. Kolstad]
Photograph of the front and east side of a one-story beige house with white trim, located at 112 E. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas. It has round columns across the front porch and dormer windows on both visible sides. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10271/
112 E. Reagan
Photograph of a white two-story house with dark trim, located at 112 E. Reagan, in Palestine, texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10627/
[113 E. Crawford - First Christian Church]
Photograph of the front and west side of First Christian Church located at 113 E. Crawford in Palestine, Texas. The building is white stone or concrete and has masonry accents near the roofline and around the windows. There are several stained glass windows visible in the front. Another part of the church is visible on the far right; it is an adjoining red-brick building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10378/
[115 E. Kolstad]
Photograph of the front and south side of a house located at 115 E. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Kolstad and Fowler streets. It has architectural elements representative of a modified L-plan house including a steeply pitched hipped roof with gabled extensions, however the exterior was remodeled with Tudor Revival-style architectural elements including brick veneer, faux half-timbering, and an entrance bay with round-arched openings and stucco and brick exterior finish. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10278/
115 W. Spring
Photograph of a building located at 115 W. Spring Street in Palestine, Texas. The building is two stories, located between two red-brick buildings. The lower portion of the building is painted blue and shaded by an awning; the upper portion of the building is brick, painted white, and has tall windows with decorative stonework around them. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10563/
[116 E. Pine]
Photograph of the front and west side of a white, one-story, Craftsman bungalow-style house located at 116 E. Pine in Palestine, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10674/
[116 N. Sycamore - Colley Wright Building]
Photo of the Colley Wright building, that once sat at the east side of the intersection of Spring street at Sycamore. This building was removed when Spring Street was widened and extended down to Crockett Road. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth26266/
[117 W. Kolstad]
Photograph of the front of a white, two-story house located at 117 W. Kolstad in Palestine, Texas. Its most distinctive feature is a 2-tiered porch, and the house has Craftsman movement-style architectural elements including exposed rafter ends and box columns. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10270/
117 W. Spring
Photograph of a brick building located at 117 W. Spring in Palestine, Texas. A street sign and several decorative shrubs are visible to the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth10562/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST