You limited your search to:

  Partner: Palestine Public Library
 Language: English
[100 Block W. Kolstad]

[100 Block W. Kolstad]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: Photo of the 100 block of W. Kolstad. Houses from the left to right are 119, 117, and 115 W. Kolstad.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 Block W. Oak]

[100 Block W. Oak]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of a two-story, red-brick building located on the 100 Block W. Oak in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Oak and Sycamore streets. There is a striped awning across the front of the building and signs for "Charles E. Dickens Jewelry" and "Watts Stationery & Office Supply Co."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 Block W. Oak]

[100 Block W. Oak]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of a one-story commercial building with metal siding on the front, located in the 100 Block W. Oak in Palestine, Texas. Text in the window says "Antiques."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]

[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]

Date: December 1989
Creator: Hardy, Daniel
Description: Lamar School was originally constructed by the Palestine School District in 1922 as an elementary school to educate the children of south side neighborhoods. With the advent of the new Southside Elementary, the school was closed. It now houses the Anderson County Champions for Children and the WIC offices.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]

[100 E. Brazos - Lamar School]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of 100 E. Brazos taken from the road. Photo was taken for the Historic Resources Survey of Palestine, Texas 1989-1991. Lamar School was originally constructed by the Palestine School District in 1922 as an elementary school to educate the children of south side neighborhoods. With the advent of the new Southside Elementary, the school was closed. It now houses the Anderson County Champions for Children and the WIC offices.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone Grocery Company]

[100 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone Grocery Company]

Date: February 1993
Creator: Goebel, Matt
Description: This building is one of the relatively few historic warehouses to survive in Palestine. The building is indicative of how little stylistic ornamentation was applied to buildings that were used for utilitarian purposes. The building does have paired, double-hung windows set within segmented arches and vertical brick piers that define the bays. The Davidson-Pearlstone Grocery Company was in operation at this site for several years following its formation in 1899. In 1904 local businessman Hyman Pearlstone bought the controlling interest and renamed the company. According to local historians, J.T. Sweetman bought an interest in the firm in 1905. The Pearlstone Grocery Company opened in this building in January 1913.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[100 W Oak]

[100 W Oak]

Date: c. 1990
Creator: Oliver McReynolds
Description: This building is located at the corner of Oak Street and Sycamore in downtown "New Town" Palestine. It once housed the Kolstad Jewelry Store, which operated in Palestine for over 100 years.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[101 E. Oak]

[101 E. Oak]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and side of the "Federal Building," located at 101 E. Oak in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story brick building with Renaissance Revival-style details.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[101 W. Crawford]

[101 W. Crawford]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and east side of a commercial brick building located at 101 W. Crawford in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Crawford and Sycamore streets. There are clothes in the windows and text next to the door: "Factory Outlet, Amkar Enterprises Inc., Designer Clothing."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[101 W. Main]

[101 W. Main]

Date: June 1991
Creator: Hardy, Heck, Moore
Description: Photograph of the front and east side of a two-story building located at 101 W. Main in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Main and Sycamore streets. The first floor is red brick in the front; the rest of the building has been painted a cream color. It has corbelled brickwork above the second floor windows and in the parapet. There is a sign on the corner of the building and writing above the front entrance says "Family Value Drug Center."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST