You limited your search to:

  Partner: Palestine Public Library
 Decade: 1890-1899
 Language: English
[Nathanial W. Blackshear]

[Nathanial W. Blackshear]

Date: 1891
Creator: E.F. Brockmeyer - Studio Angelo
Description: Photo of Nathanial W. Blackshear that was taken about 1891.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Palestine Fire Department Band]

[Palestine Fire Department Band]

Date: 1890 - 1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the Palestine Fire Department Band taken in the Old Town section of Palestine, around the courthouse square around 1890-1900.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Unidentified House 80345]

[Unidentified House 80345]

Date: c. 1890
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of an unidentified house in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Temple Opera House - Palestine, Texas]

[Temple Opera House - Palestine, Texas]

Date: 1890 - 1905
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the Temple Opera House which was located on the corner of Avenue A and Oak Street in downtown Palestine. As per the 1898-1899 city directory, the manager was a man named W.E. Swift. The building has since been destroyed.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Palestine Fire Department Band]

[Palestine Fire Department Band]

Date: c. 1890
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the Palestine Fire Department Band taken in the Old-town section of Palestine. Photo was taken around the courthouse square around 1890-1900. You can see Carneys Sample Room in the background.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Company A, 2nd Texas Cavalry, Confederate States Army]

[Company A, 2nd Texas Cavalry, Confederate States Army]

Date: c. 1895
Creator: unknown
Description: This group does not contain the entire membership of the Company, which is much regretted, but only those whose pictures could be obtained thirty years after the war. The Company was raised by Captain Peter Hardeman about the middle of April, 1861, in the Counties of Houston, Anderson, Cherokee and Nacogdoches, calling for twenty-five men from each of the Counties, and marched immediately to San Antonio, where the regiment was organized and mustered into the State service on May 17th, 1861. In a few days after this, this Company, with a part of the regiment, started on the expedition to Arizona and New Mexico, and returned to San Antonio in the summer of 1862, when the regiment, being again brought together, was reorganized and served until the close of the war in Texas and Louisiana and was disbanded in June 1865. This company being among the first troops called for, was composed mainly of boys and young men, with a few middle-aged men, several of the boys being only fifteen years old. All were good, true, noble and loyal soldiers from the rise to the fall of the Confederacy - J. C. J. King - Captain, Co. A., 2nd Texas ...
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
A Memorial and Biographical History of Navarro, Henderson, Anderson, Limestone, Freestone and Leon Counties, Texas

A Memorial and Biographical History of Navarro, Henderson, Anderson, Limestone, Freestone and Leon Counties, Texas

Date: 1893
Creator: Lewis Publishing Company
Description: This book gives an overview of each of the six counties including history, important statistics and facts, and biographies of central figures. According to the title page, it contains "a History of this Important Section of the Great State of Texas, from the Earliest Period of its Occupancy to the Present Time, together with Glimpses of its Prospects; also Biographical Mention of Many of the Pioneers and Prominent Citizens of the Present Time, and Full-page Portraits of the most Eminent Men of this Section."
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Frank Huffsmith]

[Frank Huffsmith]

Date: 1893
Creator: unknown
Description: Frank Huffsmith was born on January 7, 1853 and served as Mayor of Palestine from 1893 until 1897. He died on February 3, 1900 and is buried in the East Hill section of the Palestine City Cemetery.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[210 Crawford - J.H. Silliman Home]

[210 Crawford - J.H. Silliman Home]

Date: c. 1898
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the J.H. Silliman Home, located at 210 Crawford. A Mississippi native, J.H. Silliman was the proprietor of Silliman and Company – a Palestine business founded in 1871, and one of the largest hardware stores in the region. Silliman married Laura Brook, the architect’James Frith Brook's, daughter, in 1920. The family later moved to 638 S. Magnolia.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[American Home Bakery]

[American Home Bakery]

Date: c. 1899
Creator: unknown
Description: German immigrant Frederick H. Eilenberger (1878-1959) founded the the highly successful American Home Bakery and operated the business at this site on the corner of John and Oak Streets from 1898 until 1918. He moved the bakery to 512 N. John in 1918 and renamed the business the "Eilenberger Bakery". It is still in operation at the location on John Street and is famous for its fruit and pecan cakes, which it markets worldwide.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST