You limited your search to:

  Partner: Palestine Public Library
 Language: No Language
 Collection: Rescuing Texas History, 2007
[404 S. Royall]

[404 S. Royall]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front of a two-story, white house located at 404 S. Royall in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[405 E. Neches]

[405 E. Neches]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front of a white, two-story, Colonial Revival-style house located at 405 E. Neches in Palestine, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[410 Avenue A - First Presbyterian Church]

[410 Avenue A - First Presbyterian Church]

Date: unknown
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the northeast corner of the First Presbyterian Church, located at 410 Avenue A in Palestine, Texas. It is a red-brick building with white stone accents that has a Gothic architecture design including leaded stained glass and Tiffany memorial windows. There is a tall silver spire above the tower on the corner of the building.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[601 S. May - Dilley Foundry Office Building]

[601 S. May - Dilley Foundry Office Building]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the south side of the Dilley Foundry Office Building, located at 601 S. May in Palestine, Texas. It is a one-story frame building, resembling a center-passage house There is a porch running the length of the south side of the house that has decorative jigsawn woodwork.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[717 S. Sycamore]

[717 S. Sycamore]

Date: February 1992
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the front and part of the south side of a two-story frame house located in 717 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas. It has Queen Anne-style details on the porch woodwoork and gable ends with Italianate-style influences (including round-arched upper sashes on the second floor windows, and pedimented architraves).
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[805 S. Sycamore - George Edward Dilley House]

[805 S. Sycamore - George Edward Dilley House]

Date: February 1992
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the northeast corner of the "George Edward Dilley House" located at 805 S. Sycamore in Palestine, Texas. The two-story house is painted white and has decorative woodwork around the front porch, as well as a mansard roof and a widow's walk with cast iron handrails. There is a decorative metal fence enclosing the yard.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[913 E. Calhoun - Mount Vernon A.M.E. Church]

[913 E. Calhoun - Mount Vernon A.M.E. Church]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Close-up photograph of the front entrance of Mount Vernon African Methodist Episcopal (A.M.E.) Church, located at 913 E. Calhoun Street, in Palestine, Texas. The brick building is a Gothic Revival-style building that has large towers on two of the corners with steep pyramidal roofs. There is a Texas Historical Marker plaque affixed to the tower on the left.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

[1003 N. Link - H.H. Link House]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Close-up photograph of the front of the "H.H. Link House" located at 1003 N. Link in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story, white house with both Queen Anne and Classical Revival-style architectures, including two-story Ionic columns across the front.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[Dilley Foundry Office Bldg - 601 S. May]

[Dilley Foundry Office Bldg - 601 S. May]

Date: 1991~
Creator: McReynolds, Oliver
Description: Photograph of the south side of the Dilley Foundry Office Building, located at 601 S. May in Palestine, Texas. It is a one-story frame building, resembling a center-passage house There is a porch running the length of the south side of the house that has decorative jigsawn woodwork.
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
[601 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone / Maier House]

[601 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone / Maier House]

Date: February 1992
Creator: Oliver McReynolds
Description: The residential neighborhood south of the city’s historic downtown contains many late 19th and early 20th century houses; however, a substantial number of 1920s dwellings were built as infill. Most of the residences of this later period are relatively small frame bungalows. This house deviates from the pattern because of its scale, materials, and design. The 2-story house with brick veneer is also one of the city’s few examples of the Spanish colonial Revival style. Few alterations detract from its historic character, and the building retains much of its integrity. German immigrant Solomon Maier and his Texas-born wife Lucy had this house built in the mid-1920s. Mr. Maier came to Palestine in 1882; his various endeavors included operating a wholesale tobacco company, a saloon, and working at a bank. He was vice-president, and later the second president of the Palestine Salt & Coal Company, which mined half a million tons of salt and 25,000 tons of lignite west of Palestine during the first half of this century. After her husband’s death, Mrs. Maier continued to live in the house through the 1940s. Mr. and Mrs. Lamar Hamilton were later owners of the house. Mr. Hamilton was a son of the ...
Contributing Partner: Palestine Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT LAST