You limited your search to:

  Partner: Richardson Public Library
1919 Girls' Basketball Team
Photograph of a group of eight young women identified as the 1919 girls' basketball team. They are posing in a car on the corner of Main Street and McKinney Street in Richardson, Texas. Five of the women are sitting in the car, and three are standing on the sides of the car. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118343/
1919 Richardson High School Football Team
Photograph of twelve students and one coach identified as the Richardson High School football team. Coach W. H. Galloway is standing in between four boys on the back row, and eight boys are sitting in the front row. One boy in the center is holding a football with "R. H. S." written on it. Text below the image says "1919 Richardson High School Football Team." The boys are identified on the back of the image. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118346/
1938 Richardson High School Football Team
Photograph of the 1938 Richardson High School football team. They are seated in bleachers, and posing in three rows. All but two boys are wearing football uniforms; one boy in the center-front row is holding a football. Text below the image says "1938 Football Team," and has each of their names listed. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118349/
1939 Richardson High School Football Team
Photograph of the 1939 Richardson High School Football Team. The boys are posed in five rows with two men on the ends of the fourth row. All but three of the boys are wearing uniforms. They are identified by name on the back of the image. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118348/
Aerial View of Downtown Richardson
Photograph of an aerial view of downtown Richardson, Texas. Streets intersecting in the foreground are Main Street and Greenville Avenue. The City Hall complex can be seen in the bottom-right corner of the image. Other buildings and cars are visible. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118387/
Alvin Ragsdale Home
Photograph of an exterior view of the Alvin Ragsdale home, built in the 1920s; its location is now Beltline and 75 Central Expressway. The brick house is one-story tall, and has an enclosed porch with brick arches on the left. On the right, there is a chimney with decorative brick patterns on it. Plants and shrubs are growing in front of the house. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118228/
Arapaho Road at North Central Expressway 1988, Richardson, Texas
Elevated view of the intersection of Arapaho Road and North Central Expressway, looking north. The elevated portion of the expressway is not paved; it only has support beams. Motor vehicles are stopped at the intersection. On the SE corner of the intersection is an Exxon gas station, behind is a sign and car lot for OK Used Cars; then the Texas Industries Concrete facility. On the horizon are the railroad and Greenville Avenue intersections with Arapaho Road. On the NE corner is the Super Motor Co., then the Decorator's Drapery Workroom. On the horizon, at the left side of the photograph, is the Ramada Renaissance Hotel (now the Richardson Hotel), built in 1986. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3061/
Arapaho Road at North Central Expressway, Richardson, Texas
Arapaho Road, east from North Central Expressway (U.S. Highway 75), taken from roadside between north-bound Central and its access road. A vehicle carrying earth-moving equipment is east-bound on Arapaho Road. At the SE corner of the intersection is a sign: "TURN LEFT FASCINATION HOMES NORTHRICH WEST." Five or six small trees are enclosed with a low fence on the right/south side of Arapaho. Further east is a gravel/cement/construction facility. On the left/north side of Arapaho are 2 houses. On the horizon a railroad crossing sign is visible, and a vehicle on the street at the horizon. Various utility lines and poles edge streets and the railroad. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3063/
Arapaho Road at U. S. 75
Photograph of an intersection of Arapaho Road and U. S. 75. Two cars and two trucks are driving down one road. On the left of the road, there are houses; on the right, there is a construction site. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118382/
Arapaho Road at West Branch, Cottonwood Creek, Richardson, Texas
Grade-level, iron trestle bridge over West Branch of Cottonwood Creek on Arapaho Road. The ends of the bridge spans have horizontal wooden boards attached. Arapaho Road appears to be hard gravel. In the background is the intersection with Martin Rd. (now West Shore Dr.), which extends right/north. The creek area is filled with trees. One utility pole is at the NW corner of the intersection. Beyond, to the horizon, appears to be a flat field. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3064/
Belt Line / Main Street at U. S. 75
Photograph of the intersection of Belt Line/Main Street and U. S. 75. Several cars are heading north on U. S. 75. In the background, there are signs in a lot, a parking lot with cars, and houses. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118373/
Big Springs Baptist Church, Garland, Texas
Big Springs Baptist Church, wood frame building. Label on reverse: "Big Springs Baptist Church 1877-1919. Date of Picture 8-3-19. J. W. Campbell" texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3156/
Bowser and Blewett Family Trip to Oklahoma
Copy photograph of a group of people identified as the Bowser family and Blewett family. They are posing in a camp with two covered wagons and a tent. Children are standing outside of the tent. The families camped while going to Oklahoma in 1897. Maimie Bowser kept a diary of the trip. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118209/
Bowser Road Alley, Richardson, Texas
One lane, paved alley with curve/intersection in foreground. Left of the alley is a raised railroad. Next to left edge of the alley are utility poles and lines. Storm drain access from the alley is at the foreground. Right of the alley is a continuous wooden fence, with roofs and trees behind the fencing. Two trash/garbage pick-up areas are visible, with raised platforms and metal trash cans. Additional information. Written on back: Looking north from the alley which serves Bowser showing fencing of residential properties Nov. 25, 1968 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3035/
Brick Post Office, Richardson, Texas
Medium sized brick building with large front window "Post Office, Richardson, Texas". On front door with screen door and metal awning. Two windows visible on right side of building. Visible through the large window are 24 mail boxes and a tall table. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3122/
C. B. Chick Home
Photograph of an exterior view of C. B. Chick home. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a covered porch that extends the width of it. In the foreground, there is a wooden fence. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118214/
C. H. Blewett Family and Residence, Richardson, Texas
Man, woman, boy and three girls standing in front of wood clad residence. The one-story residence has a full, roofed porch and is raised on blocks with no skirting. A raised, plank walk leads to the front of the home. Left to right: BLEWETT, Chapman Hart. Born 25 Dec 1856, Richardson TX; died 24 May 1920; buried Blewett Cemetery, Richardson TX. BLEWETT, Mattie C. (Martha Corilla) Skiles. Born 23 Sep 1855, Warren Co. KY; died 16 Sep 1907/1920, Richardson TX; buried Blewett Cemetery, Richardson TX. Married 8 Dec 1880, Richardson TX. BLEWETT, John William. Born 25 Apr 1882, died Mar 1968. BLEWETT, Jennie Bell. Born 31 Jan 1886, died 10 Aug 1952. BLEWETT, Mattie Laura. Born 1 Jun 1896, died 15 Jan 1955. BLEWETT, Jessie Lou "Jeb". Born 22 Dec 1887. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3080/
C. H. Blewett Home
Copy photograph of one man, woman, boy, and two girls standing outside of the C. H. Blewett House. They are identified as Chapman H. Blewett (1856-), Mattie Skiles Blewett (1855-), John Blewett (1881-), Laura Blewett (1887-), and Jessie Blewett (1896-). Text above the image says "C. H. Blewett home at Richardson, Texas about 1898." Text below the image labels each person. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118248/
T. C. Hudgins Home
Photograph of an exterior view of T. C. Hudgins home on the corner of Polk Street and Greenville Avenue in Richardson, Texas. The wooden house is one-story tall with a covered porch in the front. Trees grow in the surround yard. A street sign on the corner says "Polk St." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118221/
Campbell Family and Residence, Richardson, Texas
Two men and 1 woman standing in front of a wood clad residence. The rear, roofed, porch is facing; the front porch is just visible on the far left of the photograph. From left to right: A man is standing in front of a dark horse. A small dog is perched on the hind-quarters of the horse. A man is standing in front of a small black and white dog. The dog is sitting on a wooden box/crate. A woman is standing at the front corner of the porch, beneath a medium tree. She is holding a palm fan. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3079/
Campbell Farm Site
Copy photograph of the original Campbell farm site, located around Campbell Road and Prairie Creek Drive. Two horses are standing beside a wire fence. To the right of the image, there is a building and gate. In the background, there is a pond and trees in a field. Robert Fleming Campbell came to Richardson with the Routh family in 1851. He paid $2.00 an acre for the land where he built his first cabin. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118239/
Canyon Creek Neighborhood
Photograph of a paved alley in Canyon Creek neighborhood. There are houses and wooden fences to the left, and a field on the right. A street sign on the left says "The Ed Craig's" and "514." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118385/
Canyon Creek Neighborhood
Photograph of a group of houses in Canyon Creek neighborhood. In the foreground, there is a yard with small shrubs, trees, and a metal swing. In the background, there are houses with wooden fences. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118384/
Canyon Creek Neighborhood
Photograph of a group of houses in Canyon Creek neighborhood. In the foreground, there are train tracks and a chain-link fence. In the background, there is front-view of several houses in a line. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118386/
Charlie and Clara Grissom family, Richardson, Texas
6 persons standing. 1 boy standing on porch. 2 men, 1 boy, 2 women standing in front of porch. Porch of house appears to cover front facade of building; swing visible on right behind women; wooden steps to porch. Written on back: Charlie and [?] Clara and 2nd boy ana [sic] Raymon youngest boy fronnt [sic] porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3105/
Children of John and Elizabeth (Lezze) Campbell, Richardson, Texas
5 children - studio portrait. Rita Mae, holding Jack. Ima, standing. Robert seated, wearing suit. Mary, seated in front. Written on back: on back of picture: John & Lezze Campbell Family ca 1910. Rita holding Jack (McGuire) deceased. Ima (standing) (Forman. Robert deceased. Mary C. (Harrison). Jack deceased. Roma - the baby not yet born when (Smithwick) picture was made (deceased).] texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3111/
Children of Robert Fleming Campbell and Nancy Jane David Campbell, Richardson, Texas
Family portrait of three women and a man posing together. An older gentleman and woman are seated in the front and two women are standing behind them. Names are written on back in this order: "Lodemia Ann Campbell Routh, Serepta Ellen Campbell Routh, William LaFayette Campbell, Margaret Emma Campbell Stanley." Also written on back: "children of Robert Fleming Campbell (5/2/1804-11/18/1881) and Nancy Jane David Campbell 8/7/1801-11/29/1841 from Tennessee 1851" texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3107/
Christopher and Martha Huffhines Home
Photograph of a front-exterior view of the Christopher and Martha Huffhines home. The wooden house is two-stories tall with an awning covering the width of the house. Standing on the steps is a woman and baby identified as Ophelia Huffhines Chick and baby Amy. In the foreground, there is a wooden fence. Amy married Jack D. Rutledge in 1926, and died in June 2005 at 101 years old. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118222/
Citizens State Bank, 1954
Photograph of an exterior view of Citizens State Bank on Main Street in Richardson, Texas. The bank is a brick building with a sign that says "The Citizens State Bank" over an awning, and a Freemasonry symbol at the top. Other buildings are connected to the right of it. Cars are parked outside the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118166/
Citizens State Bank, Richardson, Texas
Brick storefront, with curved corrugated metal awning. Three sets of double opening doors, with smaller glass panes above. "The Citizens State Bank" painted on one of the middle set of doors. Bill Stratton, age 6, and Newt Harris standing in and in front of right hand set of doors. Angled tall counter visible through the opened left pair of doors. Brick sidewalk in front, dirt street visible with double board walkway across. Written on back: Daddy, 6yrs ( Bill Stratton) & Uncle Newt Harris, 1906 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3119/
Cotton Gin "Old Red", Richardson, Texas
Cotton gin, two-story wooden frame building. Four 2-horsedrawn wagons containing cotton. 15 men visible. Telephone pole in foreground. Numerous outbuildings. Additional information: Telephone service in Richardson was established in 1900. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3138/
Country Store [Grocery], Richardson, Texas
Fred [P] Winkler (owner), Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones, youths Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, all wearing aprons, standing in an aisle. Assortment of groceries, some brand names visible, on left and right. Written on back: Fred Winkler, Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones. 1953. (2 youths, Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, standing in front) all wearing aprons. Additional information: [Richardson 1959-1960 Directory, paid listing: COUNTRY STORE, Fresh Meats and Groceries, 100 East Main Street, Fred P. Winkler, Owner, Phone ADams 5-5351] texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3129/
Early Class at Greenville Avenue School
Photograph of a group of students and one teacher from Greenville Avenue School. They are posing in four rows outside of a wooden building. They are identified on the back of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118342/
Evergreen / Glenn Cove Alley
Photograph of a dirt alley south of Evergreen at Glenn Cove. Several pipes are lined up beside the alley, and pipes are stacked to the right. In the background, there are trees. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118383/
Finis Ewing Allen Family and Residence, Richardson, Texas
Large, two-story wood clad residence with wrap-around roofed porch. The center section of the porch has a balcony porch on the 2nd floor. Two benches are visible on the porch; the foundation is skirted with brick; the porch steps are concrete. A small pied horse is standing in front of the porch. Four people are on the porch, a man standing, a boy standing, a man seated, and a woman standing partially behind him. Left to right: ALLEN, Robert Clint. Born Feb 1893. ALLEN, Cecil Butler. Born Sept 1899. ALLEN, Finis Ewing. Born 21 Apr 1857, Pettis Co MO; died 6 Jan 1918, Richardson TX. Allen, Lelia Ashby Butler. Born May 1862 KY. Robert Clint Allen, standing, wearing coat and hat; texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3081/
First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas
Wooden frame church, white clapboard siding. The middle section of the front (gable end) entends forward to form an entrance and upward to form a [bell?] tower. The double entrance door is covered with a decorative braced awning with a closed dormer. A sign over the door reads "First Christian Church." The roof is shingled, maybe wooden. A signpost is at the right edge of the picture, with the name of the church and the pastor's name. To the left of the main building is a lower building/annex with multiple doors and a side porch supported by posts. Trees are to the right and left of the mail building. Both buildings are surrounded by shrubs or low plants. The area is front of the building is paved. This photograph was probably taken at the location at Greenville Ave. and Polk St., Richardson, Texas. The church relocated to 601 E Main in April, 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3144/
Floyd Inn location, Richardson, Texas
Large open field. In the foreground is a grouping of seven trees, with some shrubs or saplings, all growing in grass/weeds. Only the center tree, the one closest to the foreground, is leafed. Behind is a large open space, with cultivated areas visible on the horizon. On the left of the horizon is a large building, with a taller domed portion, part of Restland Cemetery. The note on the back states that the tree was planted in 1856. The Floyd Inn served as a stop for the stage from Dallas to Denton. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3075/
Fourth of July Parade
Photograph of men in a marching band at the Independence Day parade, on Beltline Road in front of Richardson High School. The men are wearing Shriners' fezzes. One man is holding a pair of symbols, and the men behind him are playing trumpets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118175/
Fourth of July Parade
Photograph of a young woman sitting on the back of a convertible car in a parade on Beltline Road, in front of Richardson High School. She is wearing a striped dress and a crown. A sign on the side of the cars says "Miss Richardson 1970." In the background, there is a group of people on the yard of the high school. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118176/
Fourth of July Parade
Photograph of Independence Day parade at the corner of Oak Street and Summit Drive in Richardson, Texas. A semi truck parade float is decorated with flags, streamers, and paper. In the foreground, there are people seated and standing near a table with boxed United States flags on it. A flag is set up at the table. To the left, there is a street sign with "Oak Street" and "Summit Drive." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118173/
Frances Way, east from Lois Lane, 1968, Richardson, Texas
Frances Way, 500 block, looking east from the intersection with Lois Lane. The street is paved, with curbs and sidewalks. Houses are on both sides of the street, those on the right/south are partially visible. Most houses have front driveways. Three cars are parked on the street, and 2 cars are in driveways. There are trees, utility poles, and lines. A fire hydrant is on the NE corner of the intersection. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3037/
George W. Huffhines Home
Photograph of an exterior view of the George W. Huffhines home on 310 Phillips Street in Richardson, Texas. The wooden house is two-stories tall, and a staircase leads to a door on the second floor. Plants and bushed grow in front of the house. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118225/
George W. Huffhines Home
Photograph of an exterior view of the George W. Huffhines home on 310 Phillips Street. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a wide balcony on the left side. A wooden fence surrounds the property. Two women standing on the balcony are identified as Mary and Eula Huffhines. Five people on the porch are identified as George W., Minnie, baby Lucille, Geraldine, and Le Ella. To the right, there is a view of Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, which was destroyed in a 1909 storm. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118224/
George W. Huffhines Home
Photograph of an exterior view of the George W. Huffhines home on 310 Phillips Street. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a wide balcony on the left side. A building behind the house is identified as the smokehouse. A wooden fence surrounds the property. The house was sold to Mrs. Jackson, who later sold it to First Baptist Church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118223/
Girls' Basketball Team Reunion
Photograph of two laughing elderly women, identified as Irene Cain and Carrie Lee Ashby Fender. The women were both members of the Richardson Girls' Basketball Team, around 1919. Bill Wechter took this photograph for an article written by Shirley Reynolds of the Richardson Daily News. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118344/
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas
Elevated view of Greenville Avenue, looking south, probably from Main Street. In the foreground, on the left, is the First United Presbyterian Church (originally the Trinity Congregation), with Polk St. behind it. The building was completed in 1910. One car is on Greenville Ave. A sidewalk runs along the right/west, side of Greenville Ave. In the background is Philips Street, with the Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the SE corner of the intersection, completed in 1886. The Richardson School building, opened in 1914, is on the SW corner. Greenville Avenue curves to the left/east at Philips. Numerous residences are also shown, as are utility poles. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3067/
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1988, Richardson, Texas
Elevated view, looking south, of Greenville Avenue starting from the Main Street intersection. On the near left/east is the Exterior Rolling Shutter Co. building, with an "L" shaped retail building behind, facing south and west. The spires of the First Baptist Church at Philips and Greenville are visible. On the right/west side of the street is the Din Hao Market, P&R Auto Supply, houses and trees. In the back, on the right, is the RISD Administration building and the large bus barn. On the horizon, from left to right, are the Abrams Centre building, built in 1982, downtown Dallas, and buildings along Central Expressway. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3066/
Grissom Family and Residence, 1904, Richardson, Texas
Seven people and one dog, standing at a gated fence in front of a two-story clapboard house. From left to right: Man with folded arms, wearing a hat and suit. Man with hands clasped in front, wearing a suit. Woman behind the fence (made of horizontal boards attached to wooden posts), wearing dark skirt, white blouse, pompadour hair-style. Woman behind gate, wearing light-colored clothing. Man sitting on large round fence post (or tree trunk), wearing brimmed hat tilted back. Woman wearing two-piece dress, with a wide dark/light striped pattern. Man, leaning on the fence, dark hat in his right hand, moustached. In front of him (blurred) is a light-colored dog. The house behind them is two-story, wood clad, with a closed dormer forming a roof for the porch. The front door, framed above and to the side by narrow windows, appears to be open. Trees are visible at both sides; a shed is just visible on the right edge of the picture. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3098/
Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas
2 women, 1 man standing on un-mortared brick surface. 4th person partically visible. Corrugated metal, possibly silo, visible in right background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3106/
Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas
Four men standing outdoors. All are wearing dark trousers and white, long-sleeved shirts. From left to right, the first man wears glasses and a bow-tie, has a moustache, and is wearing sleeve garters. The other three wear long neck-ties. Pocket-watch chains are visible on the 3rd and 4th men. Behind them is an arbor or trellis with brushy growth on the top and on the right side. Additional information: The photograph is from the Grissom family collection, but no identification is available. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3103/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST