You limited your search to:

  Partner: Richardson Public Library
 County: Dallas County, TX
 Decade: 1970-1979
 Collection: Texas History Collection
Floyd Inn location, Richardson, Texas

Floyd Inn location, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1973~
Creator: unknown
Description: Large open field. In the foreground is a grouping of seven trees, with some shrubs or saplings, all growing in grass/weeds. Only the center tree, the one closest to the foreground, is leafed. Behind is a large open space, with cultivated areas visible on the horizon. On the left of the horizon is a large building, with a taller domed portion, part of Restland Cemetery. The note on the back states that the tree was planted in 1856. The Floyd Inn served as a stop for the stage from Dallas to Denton.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Richardson Medical Center, B. B. Owen Memorial Hospital, Richardson, Texas

Richardson Medical Center, B. B. Owen Memorial Hospital, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1975/1977
Creator: unknown
Description: White brick masonry multi-story, multi-level building. The tallest, center portion has a sign at the top, RICHARDSON MEDICAL CENTER B. B. OWEN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL. This center portion is flanked on both sides by the main portion of the building, which is shorter and has vertical columns of windows. In the front of the picture is the lowest portion of the building, with ground-level windows and one inset doorway. The doorway and windows are partially hidden by curving lines of low shrubs in the picture foreground. Portions of equipment, perhaps ventilation, are visible on roof areas. Additional information: Dallas Morning News, Dec. 18, 1975 "A 5-story hospital, scheduled for completion in August, 1977, will be built at 401 W. Campbell Rd. ... The building contract was given to J. A. Jones Construction Co." The hospital was dedicated Saturday, May 27, 1977. It was named in memory of Dallas businessman B. B. Owen. The hospital opened for business Tuesday, May 30, 1977. Bennie Bryan Owen was born on September 11, 1897, in Cisco, Eastland County. As a young man, he moved to Dallas County where he was principally involved with investments and investment loans. He was also involved in agriculture as he ...
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Richardson Public Library, Richardson, Texas

Richardson Public Library, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1975/1980
Creator: unknown
Description: Richardson Public Library looking southeast from the corner of Arapaho Road and Civic Center Drive. Red and white azaleas in foreground. Cars visible in parking lot. Civic Center [City Hall] building and water tower visible in right background.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library