You limited your search to:

  Partner: Richardson Public Library
 Collection: Texas History Collection
Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas

Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1930 - 1939
Creator: unknown
Description: 2 women, 1 man standing on un-mortared brick surface. 4th person partically visible. Corrugated metal, possibly silo, visible in right background.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Newt Harris Barber Shop, Richardson, Texas

Newt Harris Barber Shop, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1930 - 1935
Creator: unknown
Description: Barbershop interior, left to right: Newt [Thomas Newton] Harris owner, Walter Parks, Jack Echols, Dock Echols. 1 sink, ceiling fan, several electric lights, 2 barber chairs. Flag bunting draped above mirror. Additional information: Left to right: Newt [Thomas Newton] Harris owner, Walter Parks, Jack Echols, Dock Echols - Dallas Morning News 8/22/1984. Thomas Newton Harris, 30 Oct 1870 - 29 Jun 1952.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Gulf [Gasoline] Station, Richardson, Texas

Gulf [Gasoline] Station, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1934
Creator: unknown
Description: Gulf gasoline station with covered drive-through, 4 pumps, 2 air compressors, corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue. Advertising pole with 2 lights. Tillman Jones standing in front of station; young child standing near building. Water tower in background. Additional information: Corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas

First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1940 - 1958
Creator: unknown
Description: Wooden frame church, white clapboard siding. The middle section of the front (gable end) entends forward to form an entrance and upward to form a [bell?] tower. The double entrance door is covered with a decorative braced awning with a closed dormer. A sign over the door reads "First Christian Church." The roof is shingled, maybe wooden. A signpost is at the right edge of the picture, with the name of the church and the pastor's name. To the left of the main building is a lower building/annex with multiple doors and a side porch supported by posts. Trees are to the right and left of the mail building. Both buildings are surrounded by shrubs or low plants. The area is front of the building is paved. This photograph was probably taken at the location at Greenville Ave. and Polk St., Richardson, Texas. The church relocated to 601 E Main in April, 1958.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Country Store [Grocery], Richardson, Texas

Country Store [Grocery], Richardson, Texas

Date: 1953
Creator: unknown
Description: Fred [P] Winkler (owner), Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones, youths Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, all wearing aprons, standing in an aisle. Assortment of groceries, some brand names visible, on left and right. Written on back: Fred Winkler, Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones. 1953. (2 youths, Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, standing in front) all wearing aprons. Additional information: [Richardson 1959-1960 Directory, paid listing: COUNTRY STORE, Fresh Meats and Groceries, 100 East Main Street, Fred P. Winkler, Owner, Phone ADams 5-5351]
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Sun Oil Company, Production Research & Development Lab, Richardson, Texas

Sun Oil Company, Production Research & Development Lab, Richardson, Texas

Date: July 1955
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial view. Sun Oil Company Production Research & Development Lab. Two one-story buildings, connected by a covered walkway. The larger building, in the foreground, is "E" shaped; the smaller is rectangular. Parking lot between with cars. Storage tank. Housing development visible in background, telephone/electrical poles, no trees or landscaping.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Main Street at US Highway 75, Richardson, Texas

Main Street at US Highway 75, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1958
Creator: Martin, Jerry
Description: Looking north west, the intersection of Main Street / Belt Line Rd. and the east-side frontage road of U. S. Highway 75 (Northbound). A pile of dirt/rocks is on the left foreground; center front is an eroded ditch that is covered by a concrete culvert at Main Street. Two cars are visible on Main Street, and 2 more are parked north of Main Street, on the right side of the photograph. Multiple real estate/housing development signs are on the intersection corners. Buildings are visible in the right background, through leafless trees and shrubs. Signs: Carter Built Homes - AZALEA PARK - Carter Const Co TEX-ANN Lutheran Church ...ier Homes - Mimosa & Cypress Drive ..5-2527 FINESSE HOMES
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Texas Instruments Semiconductor Product Plant, Dallas, Texas

Texas Instruments Semiconductor Product Plant, Dallas, Texas

Date: 1958 - 1962
Creator: unknown
Description: Large room. Women (mostly) seated at 4 long rows of tables, doing product assembly. Workers have individual task lights, microscopes, and other equipment.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Maple Street at Abrams Road, Richardson, Texas

Maple Street at Abrams Road, Richardson, Texas

Date: August 1959
Creator: unknown
Description: [This is a slightly different view of V 28b.] Unpaved, uncurbed, street, intersecting with a paved street. The unpaved street has wood-clad houses on both sides. Some, but not all, homes have front sidewalks. There are utility poles and lines on both sides of the street. Most houses have shrubbery and trees, with more mature trees in the background and horizon. A delivery van/truck is just visible at the back end of the street, and the one car is parked in a driveway on the right side. The left edge of the street has tire-tracks visible. Additional information: This is the 300 block of Maple Street, looking east from Abrams Road, toward Greenville Ave. The houses were built in the late 1940s and early 1950s.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Maple Street at Abrams Road, Richardson, Texas

Maple Street at Abrams Road, Richardson, Texas

Date: August 1959
Creator: unknown
Description: Intersection of two paved streets. A street sign at the left side of the photo reads "Abrams Rd" "and "Maple St." Houses on the left side of Maple St [center of the photograph] have light-colored roofs and front driveways. Most yards have small trees. There are no sidewalks. Two cars are on the street, and other cars are visible near the horizon, in driveways. Additional information: This is the 400 block of Maple Street, looking east from Abrams Rd. Maple terminates on the east at Grace Dr. Many of the houses were built in 1953.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library