You limited your search to:

  Partner: Richardson Public Library
 Collection: Texas History Collection
Polk Street Bridge, Richardson, Texas

Polk Street Bridge, Richardson, Texas

Date: August 1959
Creator: unknown
Description: Polk Street, bridge over Floyd Branch of Cottonwood Creek, looking north toward Main Street. Sherman Street extends south from the left side of the photograph (not visible). There is a gap in the north/south pavement between Polk and Main Streets where Sherman Street might extend north toward Main Street. Leafed trees are along both sides of the picture, beyond the bridge. Utility lines and poles go along both sides of the right-of-way. Buildings and cars are visible. Past the intersection with Main Street, on the left/west is Children's Wonderworld, 113 Sherman, a toy and hobby store.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Polk Street, Richardson, Texas

Polk Street, Richardson, Texas

Date: August 1959
Creator: unknown
Description: Polk Street, looking east. The bridge over the Floyd Branch of Cottonwood Creek is on the right, next a residence, then the North Texas Lumber Company building at the Houston & Texas Central Railroad. On the rails is a Southern Pacific boxcar. In front of the rail car is a long flatbed truck partially loaded with cargo. On the left/north side of Polk Street is a wide roadside area of short grass, some bushes, and then trees. In front (west of) the lumber building is Central Street.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Main Street at US Highway 75, Richardson, Texas

Main Street at US Highway 75, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1958
Creator: Martin, Jerry
Description: Looking north west, the intersection of Main Street / Belt Line Rd. and the east-side frontage road of U. S. Highway 75 (Northbound). A pile of dirt/rocks is on the left foreground; center front is an eroded ditch that is covered by a concrete culvert at Main Street. Two cars are visible on Main Street, and 2 more are parked north of Main Street, on the right side of the photograph. Multiple real estate/housing development signs are on the intersection corners. Buildings are visible in the right background, through leafless trees and shrubs. Signs: Carter Built Homes - AZALEA PARK - Carter Const Co TEX-ANN Lutheran Church ...ier Homes - Mimosa & Cypress Drive ..5-2527 FINESSE HOMES
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Texas Instruments Semiconductor Product Plant, Dallas, Texas

Texas Instruments Semiconductor Product Plant, Dallas, Texas

Date: 1958 - 1962
Creator: unknown
Description: Large room. Women (mostly) seated at 4 long rows of tables, doing product assembly. Workers have individual task lights, microscopes, and other equipment.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Sun Oil Company, Production Research & Development Lab, Richardson, Texas

Sun Oil Company, Production Research & Development Lab, Richardson, Texas

Date: July 1955
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial view. Sun Oil Company Production Research & Development Lab. Two one-story buildings, connected by a covered walkway. The larger building, in the foreground, is "E" shaped; the smaller is rectangular. Parking lot between with cars. Storage tank. Housing development visible in background, telephone/electrical poles, no trees or landscaping.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Country Store [Grocery], Richardson, Texas

Country Store [Grocery], Richardson, Texas

Date: 1953
Creator: unknown
Description: Fred [P] Winkler (owner), Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones, youths Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, all wearing aprons, standing in an aisle. Assortment of groceries, some brand names visible, on left and right. Written on back: Fred Winkler, Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones. 1953. (2 youths, Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, standing in front) all wearing aprons. Additional information: [Richardson 1959-1960 Directory, paid listing: COUNTRY STORE, Fresh Meats and Groceries, 100 East Main Street, Fred P. Winkler, Owner, Phone ADams 5-5351]
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas

First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1940 - 1958
Creator: unknown
Description: Wooden frame church, white clapboard siding. The middle section of the front (gable end) entends forward to form an entrance and upward to form a [bell?] tower. The double entrance door is covered with a decorative braced awning with a closed dormer. A sign over the door reads "First Christian Church." The roof is shingled, maybe wooden. A signpost is at the right edge of the picture, with the name of the church and the pastor's name. To the left of the main building is a lower building/annex with multiple doors and a side porch supported by posts. Trees are to the right and left of the mail building. Both buildings are surrounded by shrubs or low plants. The area is front of the building is paved. This photograph was probably taken at the location at Greenville Ave. and Polk St., Richardson, Texas. The church relocated to 601 E Main in April, 1958.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Gulf [Gasoline] Station, Richardson, Texas

Gulf [Gasoline] Station, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1934
Creator: unknown
Description: Gulf gasoline station with covered drive-through, 4 pumps, 2 air compressors, corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue. Advertising pole with 2 lights. Tillman Jones standing in front of station; young child standing near building. Water tower in background. Additional information: Corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas

Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1930 - 1939
Creator: unknown
Description: 2 women, 1 man standing on un-mortared brick surface. 4th person partically visible. Corrugated metal, possibly silo, visible in right background.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Newt Harris Barber Shop, Richardson, Texas

Newt Harris Barber Shop, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1930 - 1935
Creator: unknown
Description: Barbershop interior, left to right: Newt [Thomas Newton] Harris owner, Walter Parks, Jack Echols, Dock Echols. 1 sink, ceiling fan, several electric lights, 2 barber chairs. Flag bunting draped above mirror. Additional information: Left to right: Newt [Thomas Newton] Harris owner, Walter Parks, Jack Echols, Dock Echols - Dallas Morning News 8/22/1984. Thomas Newton Harris, 30 Oct 1870 - 29 Jun 1952.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library