You limited your search to:

  Partner: Richardson Public Library
 Collection: Texas History Collection
First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas

First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1940/1958
Creator: unknown
Description: Wooden frame church, white clapboard siding. The middle section of the front (gable end) entends forward to form an entrance and upward to form a [bell?] tower. The double entrance door is covered with a decorative braced awning with a closed dormer. A sign over the door reads "First Christian Church." The roof is shingled, maybe wooden. A signpost is at the right edge of the picture, with the name of the church and the pastor's name. To the left of the main building is a lower building/annex with multiple doors and a side porch supported by posts. Trees are to the right and left of the mail building. Both buildings are surrounded by shrubs or low plants. The area is front of the building is paved. This photograph was probably taken at the location at Greenville Ave. and Polk St., Richardson, Texas. The church relocated to 601 E Main in April, 1958.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Routh Family Reunion, Routh Home, Plano, Texas

Routh Family Reunion, Routh Home, Plano, Texas

Date: 1939~
Creator: unknown
Description: Family group, informal portrait. 5 informal rows, some faces partially hidden. 52 faces visible, some partially. One torso, far right. Children seated in front. 2 women, center, appear to be wearing dark hats or bonnets with large black ribbons. 1 man, seated, holding hat, wears eye patch on right eye. Written on back: on back: about 1938 - Routh family reunion, Routh Home - Plano. BACK ROW: Vivian S Barron, Madge Carver Barron, Cecil Thornton Barron, Stanley J Jr Mendenhall, Stanley J Mendenhall, Stanton J Barron, Haskel Roach, Jake Barron or Jimmy Rogers, Jake Barron or Jimmy Rogers, UNK, UNK, UNK, Robert Webb, Roy Patton Howell, UNK, UNK SECOND ROW: John M Campbell, UNK, UNK, Pauline Mendenhall, Bertha Mendenhall, UNK, UNK, UNK, Rosa Routh, Clara Routh, Virginia Roach, Mildred C Rogers, Julia Mendenhall, Florence Rogers, UNK, UNK, UNK, UNK BOTTOM ROW: UNK, Mary Ann Coit, UNK, Louise Rogers, all others unidentified
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Gulf [Gasoline] Station, Richardson, Texas

Gulf [Gasoline] Station, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1934
Creator: unknown
Description: Gulf gasoline station with covered drive-through, 4 pumps, 2 air compressors, corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue. Advertising pole with 2 lights. Tillman Jones standing in front of station; young child standing near building. Water tower in background. Additional information: Corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas

Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1930/1939
Creator: unknown
Description: 2 women, 1 man standing on un-mortared brick surface. 4th person partically visible. Corrugated metal, possibly silo, visible in right background.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Newt Harris Barber Shop, Richardson, Texas

Newt Harris Barber Shop, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1930/1935
Creator: unknown
Description: Barbershop interior, left to right: Newt [Thomas Newton] Harris owner, Walter Parks, Jack Echols, Dock Echols. 1 sink, ceiling fan, several electric lights, 2 barber chairs. Flag bunting draped above mirror. Additional information: Left to right: Newt [Thomas Newton] Harris owner, Walter Parks, Jack Echols, Dock Echols - Dallas Morning News 8/22/1984. Thomas Newton Harris, 30 Oct 1870 - 29 Jun 1952.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Date: May 5, 1927
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view of Greenville Avenue, looking south, probably from Main Street. In the foreground, on the left, is the First United Presbyterian Church (originally the Trinity Congregation), with Polk St. behind it. The building was completed in 1910. One car is on Greenville Ave. A sidewalk runs along the right/west, side of Greenville Ave. In the background is Philips Street, with the Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the SE corner of the intersection, completed in 1886. The Richardson School building, opened in 1914, is on the SW corner. Greenville Avenue curves to the left/east at Philips. Numerous residences are also shown, as are utility poles.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Main Street, Elevated View, Richardson, Texas

Main Street, Elevated View, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1927
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view of Main Street (Belt Line) from a water tower, looking southwest. The main commercial block has brick and wooden buildings, most with awnings, many with false fronts. Four cross streets are visible; Main Street curves off just at the right edge of the photograph. The railroad, with crossings signs, is in the horizontal center of the picture. Also visible are residences, a long storage/warehouse railroad structure to the left of Main Street and the Train Station to the right of Main Street. Automobiles are parked on the commercial block and are visible on Main Street. Plowed/cultivated fields and a few buildings are visible on the horizon.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas

Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1925/1935
Creator: unknown
Description: Four men standing outdoors. All are wearing dark trousers and white, long-sleeved shirts. From left to right, the first man wears glasses and a bow-tie, has a moustache, and is wearing sleeve garters. The other three wear long neck-ties. Pocket-watch chains are visible on the 3rd and 4th men. Behind them is an arbor or trellis with brushy growth on the top and on the right side. Additional information: The photograph is from the Grissom family collection, but no identification is available.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
McKamy Springs, Richardson, Texas

McKamy Springs, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1920/1930
Creator: unknown
Description: Natural spring, with a stone and concrete structure built around and over it. A half-dome stone-trimmed 'grotto' covers the spring. A man-made canal channels the visible water. A plaque is set into a stone/cement low monument inside the canal. It reads: "The Yoiuane tribe of the Caddo group of Indians lived here as early as 1690 to 1840. They hunted buffalo and deer on the prairie. They used McKamy Spring as a watering place. It was from these friendly Tejas Indians that Texas got her name." The spring is located within a 2 acre park, called McKamy Spring Park, in south-east Richardson. Native people last known to have camped at the spring were of a Caddoan-speaking tribe. The Bowser family once owned the property, and then T. F. McKamy (1925-1927). Part of the old stagecoach route extending from Breckenridge ran near this site as well.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Big Springs Baptist Church, Garland, Texas

Big Springs Baptist Church, Garland, Texas

Date: August 3, 1919
Creator: unknown
Description: Big Springs Baptist Church, wood frame building. Label on reverse: "Big Springs Baptist Church 1877-1919. Date of Picture 8-3-19. J. W. Campbell"
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library