You limited your search to:

  Partner: Richardson Public Library
Campbell Farm Site
Copy photograph of the original Campbell farm site, located around Campbell Road and Prairie Creek Drive. Two horses are standing beside a wire fence. To the right of the image, there is a building and gate. In the background, there is a pond and trees in a field. Robert Fleming Campbell came to Richardson with the Routh family in 1851. He paid $2.00 an acre for the land where he built his first cabin. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118239/
Canyon Creek Neighborhood
Photograph of a paved alley in Canyon Creek neighborhood. There are houses and wooden fences to the left, and a field on the right. A street sign on the left says "The Ed Craig's" and "514." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118385/
Canyon Creek Neighborhood
Photograph of a group of houses in Canyon Creek neighborhood. In the foreground, there is a yard with small shrubs, trees, and a metal swing. In the background, there are houses with wooden fences. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118384/
Canyon Creek Neighborhood
Photograph of a group of houses in Canyon Creek neighborhood. In the foreground, there are train tracks and a chain-link fence. In the background, there is front-view of several houses in a line. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118386/
Charlie and Clara Grissom family, Richardson, Texas
6 persons standing. 1 boy standing on porch. 2 men, 1 boy, 2 women standing in front of porch. Porch of house appears to cover front facade of building; swing visible on right behind women; wooden steps to porch. Written on back: Charlie and [?] Clara and 2nd boy ana [sic] Raymon youngest boy fronnt [sic] porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3105/
Children of John and Elizabeth (Lezze) Campbell, Richardson, Texas
5 children - studio portrait. Rita Mae, holding Jack. Ima, standing. Robert seated, wearing suit. Mary, seated in front. Written on back: on back of picture: John & Lezze Campbell Family ca 1910. Rita holding Jack (McGuire) deceased. Ima (standing) (Forman. Robert deceased. Mary C. (Harrison). Jack deceased. Roma - the baby not yet born when (Smithwick) picture was made (deceased).] texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3111/
Children of Robert Fleming Campbell and Nancy Jane David Campbell, Richardson, Texas
Family portrait of three women and a man posing together. An older gentleman and woman are seated in the front and two women are standing behind them. Names are written on back in this order: "Lodemia Ann Campbell Routh, Serepta Ellen Campbell Routh, William LaFayette Campbell, Margaret Emma Campbell Stanley." Also written on back: "children of Robert Fleming Campbell (5/2/1804-11/18/1881) and Nancy Jane David Campbell 8/7/1801-11/29/1841 from Tennessee 1851" texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3107/
Christopher and Martha Huffhines Home
Photograph of a front-exterior view of the Christopher and Martha Huffhines home. The wooden house is two-stories tall with an awning covering the width of the house. Standing on the steps is a woman and baby identified as Ophelia Huffhines Chick and baby Amy. In the foreground, there is a wooden fence. Amy married Jack D. Rutledge in 1926, and died in June 2005 at 101 years old. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118222/
Citizens State Bank, 1954
Photograph of an exterior view of Citizens State Bank on Main Street in Richardson, Texas. The bank is a brick building with a sign that says "The Citizens State Bank" over an awning, and a Freemasonry symbol at the top. Other buildings are connected to the right of it. Cars are parked outside the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118166/
Citizens State Bank, Richardson, Texas
Brick storefront, with curved corrugated metal awning. Three sets of double opening doors, with smaller glass panes above. "The Citizens State Bank" painted on one of the middle set of doors. Bill Stratton, age 6, and Newt Harris standing in and in front of right hand set of doors. Angled tall counter visible through the opened left pair of doors. Brick sidewalk in front, dirt street visible with double board walkway across. Written on back: Daddy, 6yrs ( Bill Stratton) & Uncle Newt Harris, 1906 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3119/
Cotton Gin "Old Red", Richardson, Texas
Cotton gin, two-story wooden frame building. Four 2-horsedrawn wagons containing cotton. 15 men visible. Telephone pole in foreground. Numerous outbuildings. Additional information: Telephone service in Richardson was established in 1900. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3138/
Country Store [Grocery], Richardson, Texas
Fred [P] Winkler (owner), Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones, youths Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, all wearing aprons, standing in an aisle. Assortment of groceries, some brand names visible, on left and right. Written on back: Fred Winkler, Morgan Gant, Billy Giles, James Tune, Clarence Hastedt and Tillman Jones. 1953. (2 youths, Ronny Clark and Jackie Fielder, standing in front) all wearing aprons. Additional information: [Richardson 1959-1960 Directory, paid listing: COUNTRY STORE, Fresh Meats and Groceries, 100 East Main Street, Fred P. Winkler, Owner, Phone ADams 5-5351] texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3129/
Early Class at Greenville Avenue School
Photograph of a group of students and one teacher from Greenville Avenue School. They are posing in four rows outside of a wooden building. They are identified on the back of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118342/
Evergreen / Glenn Cove Alley
Photograph of a dirt alley south of Evergreen at Glenn Cove. Several pipes are lined up beside the alley, and pipes are stacked to the right. In the background, there are trees. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118383/
Finis Ewing Allen Family and Residence, Richardson, Texas
Large, two-story wood clad residence with wrap-around roofed porch. The center section of the porch has a balcony porch on the 2nd floor. Two benches are visible on the porch; the foundation is skirted with brick; the porch steps are concrete. A small pied horse is standing in front of the porch. Four people are on the porch, a man standing, a boy standing, a man seated, and a woman standing partially behind him. Left to right: ALLEN, Robert Clint. Born Feb 1893. ALLEN, Cecil Butler. Born Sept 1899. ALLEN, Finis Ewing. Born 21 Apr 1857, Pettis Co MO; died 6 Jan 1918, Richardson TX. Allen, Lelia Ashby Butler. Born May 1862 KY. Robert Clint Allen, standing, wearing coat and hat; texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3081/
First Christian Church, Richardson, Texas
Wooden frame church, white clapboard siding. The middle section of the front (gable end) entends forward to form an entrance and upward to form a [bell?] tower. The double entrance door is covered with a decorative braced awning with a closed dormer. A sign over the door reads "First Christian Church." The roof is shingled, maybe wooden. A signpost is at the right edge of the picture, with the name of the church and the pastor's name. To the left of the main building is a lower building/annex with multiple doors and a side porch supported by posts. Trees are to the right and left of the mail building. Both buildings are surrounded by shrubs or low plants. The area is front of the building is paved. This photograph was probably taken at the location at Greenville Ave. and Polk St., Richardson, Texas. The church relocated to 601 E Main in April, 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3144/
Floyd Inn location, Richardson, Texas
Large open field. In the foreground is a grouping of seven trees, with some shrubs or saplings, all growing in grass/weeds. Only the center tree, the one closest to the foreground, is leafed. Behind is a large open space, with cultivated areas visible on the horizon. On the left of the horizon is a large building, with a taller domed portion, part of Restland Cemetery. The note on the back states that the tree was planted in 1856. The Floyd Inn served as a stop for the stage from Dallas to Denton. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3075/
Fourth of July Parade
Photograph of men in a marching band at the Independence Day parade, on Beltline Road in front of Richardson High School. The men are wearing Shriners' fezzes. One man is holding a pair of symbols, and the men behind him are playing trumpets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118175/
Fourth of July Parade
Photograph of a young woman sitting on the back of a convertible car in a parade on Beltline Road, in front of Richardson High School. She is wearing a striped dress and a crown. A sign on the side of the cars says "Miss Richardson 1970." In the background, there is a group of people on the yard of the high school. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118176/
Fourth of July Parade
Photograph of Independence Day parade at the corner of Oak Street and Summit Drive in Richardson, Texas. A semi truck parade float is decorated with flags, streamers, and paper. In the foreground, there are people seated and standing near a table with boxed United States flags on it. A flag is set up at the table. To the left, there is a street sign with "Oak Street" and "Summit Drive." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118173/
Frances Way, east from Lois Lane, 1968, Richardson, Texas
Frances Way, 500 block, looking east from the intersection with Lois Lane. The street is paved, with curbs and sidewalks. Houses are on both sides of the street, those on the right/south are partially visible. Most houses have front driveways. Three cars are parked on the street, and 2 cars are in driveways. There are trees, utility poles, and lines. A fire hydrant is on the NE corner of the intersection. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3037/
George W. Huffhines Home
Photograph of an exterior view of the George W. Huffhines home on 310 Phillips Street. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a wide balcony on the left side. A wooden fence surrounds the property. Two women standing on the balcony are identified as Mary and Eula Huffhines. Five people on the porch are identified as George W., Minnie, baby Lucille, Geraldine, and Le Ella. To the right, there is a view of Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, which was destroyed in a 1909 storm. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118224/
George W. Huffhines Home
Photograph of an exterior view of the George W. Huffhines home on 310 Phillips Street. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a wide balcony on the left side. A building behind the house is identified as the smokehouse. A wooden fence surrounds the property. The house was sold to Mrs. Jackson, who later sold it to First Baptist Church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118223/
George W. Huffhines Home
Photograph of an exterior view of the George W. Huffhines home on 310 Phillips Street in Richardson, Texas. The wooden house is two-stories tall, and a staircase leads to a door on the second floor. Plants and bushed grow in front of the house. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118225/
Girls' Basketball Team Reunion
Photograph of two laughing elderly women, identified as Irene Cain and Carrie Lee Ashby Fender. The women were both members of the Richardson Girls' Basketball Team, around 1919. Bill Wechter took this photograph for an article written by Shirley Reynolds of the Richardson Daily News. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118344/
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas
Elevated view of Greenville Avenue, looking south, probably from Main Street. In the foreground, on the left, is the First United Presbyterian Church (originally the Trinity Congregation), with Polk St. behind it. The building was completed in 1910. One car is on Greenville Ave. A sidewalk runs along the right/west, side of Greenville Ave. In the background is Philips Street, with the Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the SE corner of the intersection, completed in 1886. The Richardson School building, opened in 1914, is on the SW corner. Greenville Avenue curves to the left/east at Philips. Numerous residences are also shown, as are utility poles. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3067/
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1988, Richardson, Texas
Elevated view, looking south, of Greenville Avenue starting from the Main Street intersection. On the near left/east is the Exterior Rolling Shutter Co. building, with an "L" shaped retail building behind, facing south and west. The spires of the First Baptist Church at Philips and Greenville are visible. On the right/west side of the street is the Din Hao Market, P&R Auto Supply, houses and trees. In the back, on the right, is the RISD Administration building and the large bus barn. On the horizon, from left to right, are the Abrams Centre building, built in 1982, downtown Dallas, and buildings along Central Expressway. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3066/
Grissom Family and Residence, 1904, Richardson, Texas
Seven people and one dog, standing at a gated fence in front of a two-story clapboard house. From left to right: Man with folded arms, wearing a hat and suit. Man with hands clasped in front, wearing a suit. Woman behind the fence (made of horizontal boards attached to wooden posts), wearing dark skirt, white blouse, pompadour hair-style. Woman behind gate, wearing light-colored clothing. Man sitting on large round fence post (or tree trunk), wearing brimmed hat tilted back. Woman wearing two-piece dress, with a wide dark/light striped pattern. Man, leaning on the fence, dark hat in his right hand, moustached. In front of him (blurred) is a light-colored dog. The house behind them is two-story, wood clad, with a closed dormer forming a roof for the porch. The front door, framed above and to the side by narrow windows, appears to be open. Trees are visible at both sides; a shed is just visible on the right edge of the picture. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3098/
Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas
2 women, 1 man standing on un-mortared brick surface. 4th person partically visible. Corrugated metal, possibly silo, visible in right background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3106/
Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas
Four men standing outdoors. All are wearing dark trousers and white, long-sleeved shirts. From left to right, the first man wears glasses and a bow-tie, has a moustache, and is wearing sleeve garters. The other three wear long neck-ties. Pocket-watch chains are visible on the 3rd and 4th men. Behind them is an arbor or trellis with brushy growth on the top and on the right side. Additional information: The photograph is from the Grissom family collection, but no identification is available. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3103/
Grissom family, Richardson, Texas
Formal studio portrait. Three men, in dark suits, white shirts, and long neckties, standing behind two seated women. Both women wear dark skirts and white blouses with standing ruffled collars, possibly trimmed in lace. The woman on the right wears a dark ribbon around the collar. The woman on the left wears a dark, open jacket with ribbon trim at collar and cuffs. Additional information: Children of Park Lee GRISSOM (24 Aug 1854 - 10 Feb 1938) and Mary Jennie COFFEE (5 Sep 1852 - 6 Apr 1912) Left to right - Pat, Guss, Will (standing) Rebecca, Ada (seated) Pat GRISSOM [?Richard Clint GRISSOM?] (20 May 1882 AL - 3 Jul 1948 TX) married Ollie Mae CROSS Guss Eugene GRISSOM (19 Jul 1889 AL - 12 Aug 1969 TX) married Allie Bell BOGGS William Lee GRISSOM (27 Oct 1879 AL - 29 Jan 1949 TX) married Mollie SANDIFER Rebecca Bell GRISSOM (15 Jul 1884 AL - 12 Aug 1962 TX) married Robert Tremble PREWITT Ada Coloeman GRISSOM (23 Feb 1877 AL - 6 May 1950 AL) married Minor HARAWAY texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3100/
Grissom Landfill
Photograph of the entrance road leading to Grissom Landfill on Lookout Drive, near Sherrill Park Golf Course. A sign on a gate says "Entrance Sanitary Landfill City of Richardson[,] Open 8:00 to 5:00 Sat. 8:00 to 12:00." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118312/
Grissom Landfill
Photograph of Grissom Landfill on Lookout Drive near the Sherrill Park Golf Course. There are piles of dirt and garbage. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118311/
Grissom Landfill
Photograph of Grissom Landfill on Lookout Drive near the Sherrill Park Golf Course. There are piles of dirt and a puddle of water. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118310/
Grissom Landfill
Photograph of Grissom Landfill on Lookout Drive, near Sherrill Park Golf Course. There are piles of garbage. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118314/
Grissom Landfill
Photograph of Grissom Landfill on Lookout Drive, near Sherrill Park Golf Course. Two trucks are in a dirt pit. One man is standing beside the truck on the right, and one man is standing on a pile of dirt above the truck. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118313/
Grissom sons, Jack, Murray & Park, Plano, Texas
Studio portrait of three boys, from mid-chest. Left: youngest, wearing light-colored wide-collared, buttoned shirt or romper. Center: middle in age, wearing white, long-sleeved shirt with medium stripes and dark neck-tie. Left: oldest, wearing light-colored shirt, perhaps with woven textured stripes, and dark neck-tie. Additional information: Sons of William Lee GRISSON (27 Oct 1879 AL - 29 Jan 1949 TX) and Mollie Sandifer GRISSOM (11 Jan 1882 TX - 16 Jun 1972 TX) from left to right: Jack Kendal GRISSOM (7 Jul 1911 Plano TX - 27 May 1981 Garland TX) Murray Amos GRISSOM (19 Oct 1908 Plano TX - 4 Jan 1971 Dallas TX) Park Lee GRISSOM (16 Oct 1906 Plano TX - 25 Feb 1982 Allen TX) source: "The Family of Park L. Grissom" by Mozelle Grissom, 1981 [unpublished document] texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3101/
Grove Road, 1968, Richardson, Texas
Grove Road, looking north, from the "T" intersection with Summit Drive, which terminates at Grove Road. On the horizon, left to center, is Frances Way. The elevated railroad, center to right, intersects Frances Way, and further north, Belt Line Rd., with underpasses. On the extreme right, a water tower is partially shown. The majority of the photograph is a large, mowed, field, extending north to Frances Way, and east/west, from Grove Road to the railroad. Homes and utility poles are on the left/west side of Grove Road. One truck and one car are on Grove; one car is parked on the right/east side of Grove; an eastbound car is on Frances Way, just east of the intersection. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3038/
Grove Road, Richardson, Texas
Looking west, a plowed, bare field, with a street, Frances Way, and utility poles on the far right. At the horizon is a street, Grove Road, with homes on the west side, facing east. Homes on the west side of Grove were built ca 1954. Homes on the east side were not built until ca 1973. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3050/
Gulf [Gasoline] Station, Richardson, Texas
Gulf gasoline station with covered drive-through, 4 pumps, 2 air compressors, corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue. Advertising pole with 2 lights. Tillman Jones standing in front of station; young child standing near building. Water tower in background. Additional information: Corner of Main Street and Greenville Avenue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3134/
H. W. and Ida Greer Residence
Photograph of an exterior view of the Greer family home on Interurban Street in Richardson, Texas. The wooden house has a covered porch in the front with two doors. There are two trees in the yard. A woman, girl, and man are standing outside the picket fence; they are identified as Ida Huffhines Greer, Ruth Greer, and Henry W. Greer. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118246/
Harben Family Group at Kirkland Park
Jessie Blewett HARBEN ( - 11 Mar 1959) wife of J. M. HARBEN Jesse Monroe "Jess" HARBEN (14 Dec 1888 - 5 Oct 1973) Ray Carson HARBEN (9 Dec 1914 - 6 May 1993) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3089/
Harben - Spotts Company, Harben's Drug Store and Richardson Telephone Company Annual Picnic
Photograph of a group portrait at the Harben-Spott's Company annual picnic at Kidd Springs. The picnic involved Harben's Drug Store and Richardson Telephone Company. The men, women, and children are identified as (seated on ground, first row) Earle Harben, Ray Chap Harben, Marjorie Mae Meyer, Lewis, (second row) Mrs. M. M. Meyer, Miss Florence Ingle, Mrs. Walter Williams, Miss Ethel Christopherson, Mrs. P. E. Riley, Miss Stella Moody, Mrs. Sam P. Harben, Mrs. Doyal Taylor, Mrs. Sherwood Spotts, Miss Alma Ballard, Miss Viola Anderton, Mrs. A. O. Very, Mrs. Chester Bethel, (third row) Sam P. Harben, Dr. P. E. Riley, Jess Harben, A. O. Very, Chester Bethel, Mrs. Walter Park, Mrs. R. P. Harben, Mrs. Jess Harben, Walter Park, Sherwood Spotts, (fourth row) Doyal Taylor, Walter Williams, J. D. McNeil, Carson Harben, Lester Meyer, and M. M. Meyer. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118172/
Harben-Spotts Company, Richardson, Texas
Sam Harben print shop, about 1906, Sam Harben in center. Sam P. Harben. Three men, one woman, and two young children visible. Printing press, type setter's desk, gas light visible. Written on back: Sam Harben print shop, about 1906, Sam Harben in center. Sam P. Harben. Woman: Lucille Lawler Keith (Mrs. Troy Keith) Mrs. Keith was half-sister of Laura Blewett, daughter of "Aunt Mattie" Blewett. Mrs. Blewett later married Mr. Lawler, then Mr. Parks. This information supplied by Mary Harrison 10 Jan 1973. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3126/
Harben's Drug Store, Richardson, Texas
Interior view of Harben's Drug Store. Four men are visible, the one on the far right is Sam Harben. Ads for various patent medicines including Mentholatum and Cardui are legible. Floor and ceiling are finished wood. There is a counter partly visible with four metal stools. Six glass display cases and two electric ceiling fans are visible. Noted on back of photo - Sam Harben on right, early 1900s. Additional information: Cardui was a patent medicine used to reduce menstrual problems. It was 19% alcohol and included Blessed Thistle, Black Haw and Golden Seal. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3124/
Harris, Thomas Newton, Family, Richardson, Texas
Informal family group photograph, standing and seated on a side porch of a house. The porch extends around the corner of the building to the right. Visible on the right are fences and another building. Standing on the porch are three women, the first only partially visible, with a girl standing in front, one man in a three-piece suit, one young woman, a woman in profile, and two elderly women (7 women, one girl, one man). Seated in front, on the edge of the porch, is a moustached man in a suit and dark hat, and a younger man in military uniform with hat and leg gaiters. Additional information: Left to right, standing: possibly Evelyn HARRIS (hidden) Mattie E Strait HARRIS (1874-25 Sep 1971) Noma HARRIS [in front of mother Mattie] (15 Feb 1910 - 20 Jan 1987) married Leonard Allen HUFFHINES (8 Oct 1911 - 16 Sep 1988) Grace FOX Robert K. (Bob) HARRIS possibly Evelyn HARRIS Katherine Paulina L. HARRIS (1849-1928) widow of Samuel P. Harris (1831-1914) Emma Dooley Seated: Thomas Newton HARRIS (31 Oct 1870 - 27 Jun 1952) Joe HARRIS [?P. G. Harris?] texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3093/
Henry William Coit and family, Renner, Texas
9 people standing on a steam tractor or attached gang plow. 2 women, three children, 4 men. The woman standing farthest right is veiled. The rear of the tractor is visible, in a partially plowed field. 2 women, 2 man, and 1 child (girl) are holding levers used to raise and lower the plows. Written on back of photo: Henry William Coit & family, steam tractor & plow, Renner Tex., Early 1900's. 5/24/1985 donated Henry W. Coit. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3109/
Henry William Coit Residence
Photograph of the Henry William Coit residence in Renner, Texas. The wooden house is two-stories tall, with a wooden fence surrounding the yard. The Coit family is sitting in a horse-drawn carriage outside the fence. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118210/
Holly Elevated Water Tower
Photograph of construction on an elevated water tower on Holly Drive, north of Beltline Road. There are cars and a truck parked below it. The water tower was completed in 1959. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118315/
Holly Elevated Water Tower
Photograph of an elevated water tower on Holly Drive, north of Beltline Road. The water tower is partially constructed, and was completed in 1959. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth118316/