You limited your search to:

  Partner: Richardson Public Library
Frances Way, east from Lois Lane, 1968, Richardson, Texas

Frances Way, east from Lois Lane, 1968, Richardson, Texas

Date: November 25, 1968
Creator: unknown
Description: Frances Way, 500 block, looking east from the intersection with Lois Lane. The street is paved, with curbs and sidewalks. Houses are on both sides of the street, those on the right/south are partially visible. Most houses have front driveways. Three cars are parked on the street, and 2 cars are in driveways. There are trees, utility poles, and lines. A fire hydrant is on the NE corner of the intersection.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
George W. Huffhines Home

George W. Huffhines Home

Date: 197?/198?
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of the George W. Huffhines home on 310 Phillips Street in Richardson, Texas. The wooden house is two-stories tall, and a staircase leads to a door on the second floor. Plants and bushed grow in front of the house.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
George W. Huffhines Home

George W. Huffhines Home

Date: 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of the George W. Huffhines home on 310 Phillips Street. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a wide balcony on the left side. A wooden fence surrounds the property. Two women standing on the balcony are identified as Mary and Eula Huffhines. Five people on the porch are identified as George W., Minnie, baby Lucille, Geraldine, and Le Ella. To the right, there is a view of Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, which was destroyed in a 1909 storm.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
George W. Huffhines Home

George W. Huffhines Home

Date: 192?
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an exterior view of the George W. Huffhines home on 310 Phillips Street. The wooden house is two-stories tall with a wide balcony on the left side. A building behind the house is identified as the smokehouse. A wooden fence surrounds the property. The house was sold to Mrs. Jackson, who later sold it to First Baptist Church.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Girls' Basketball Team Reunion

Girls' Basketball Team Reunion

Date: 1986
Creator: Wechter, Bill
Description: Photograph of two laughing elderly women, identified as Irene Cain and Carrie Lee Ashby Fender. The women were both members of the Richardson Girls' Basketball Team, around 1919. Bill Wechter took this photograph for an article written by Shirley Reynolds of the Richardson Daily News.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Date: May 5, 1927
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view of Greenville Avenue, looking south, probably from Main Street. In the foreground, on the left, is the First United Presbyterian Church (originally the Trinity Congregation), with Polk St. behind it. The building was completed in 1910. One car is on Greenville Ave. A sidewalk runs along the right/west, side of Greenville Ave. In the background is Philips Street, with the Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the SE corner of the intersection, completed in 1886. The Richardson School building, opened in 1914, is on the SW corner. Greenville Avenue curves to the left/east at Philips. Numerous residences are also shown, as are utility poles.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1988, Richardson, Texas

Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1988, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view, looking south, of Greenville Avenue starting from the Main Street intersection. On the near left/east is the Exterior Rolling Shutter Co. building, with an "L" shaped retail building behind, facing south and west. The spires of the First Baptist Church at Philips and Greenville are visible. On the right/west side of the street is the Din Hao Market, P&R Auto Supply, houses and trees. In the back, on the right, is the RISD Administration building and the large bus barn. On the horizon, from left to right, are the Abrams Centre building, built in 1982, downtown Dallas, and buildings along Central Expressway.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Grissom Family and Residence, 1904, Richardson, Texas

Grissom Family and Residence, 1904, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1904
Creator: Imperial View Company
Description: Seven people and one dog, standing at a gated fence in front of a two-story clapboard house. From left to right: Man with folded arms, wearing a hat and suit. Man with hands clasped in front, wearing a suit. Woman behind the fence (made of horizontal boards attached to wooden posts), wearing dark skirt, white blouse, pompadour hair-style. Woman behind gate, wearing light-colored clothing. Man sitting on large round fence post (or tree trunk), wearing brimmed hat tilted back. Woman wearing two-piece dress, with a wide dark/light striped pattern. Man, leaning on the fence, dark hat in his right hand, moustached. In front of him (blurred) is a light-colored dog. The house behind them is two-story, wood clad, with a closed dormer forming a roof for the porch. The front door, framed above and to the side by narrow windows, appears to be open. Trees are visible at both sides; a shed is just visible on the right edge of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas

Grissom family members, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1930 - 1939
Creator: unknown
Description: 2 women, 1 man standing on un-mortared brick surface. 4th person partically visible. Corrugated metal, possibly silo, visible in right background.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas

Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1925 - 1935
Creator: unknown
Description: Four men standing outdoors. All are wearing dark trousers and white, long-sleeved shirts. From left to right, the first man wears glasses and a bow-tie, has a moustache, and is wearing sleeve garters. The other three wear long neck-ties. Pocket-watch chains are visible on the 3rd and 4th men. Behind them is an arbor or trellis with brushy growth on the top and on the right side. Additional information: The photograph is from the Grissom family collection, but no identification is available.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library