You limited your search to:

  Partner: UNT Libraries
 Decade: 2000-2009
 Language: English
Alamo and grounds

Alamo and grounds

Date: May 4, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of the grounds of the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. A small window has been cut high up into the far wall, and a large group of cacti grows against the wall to the left of the photo. There is a clay pot on the ground to the right of the window.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Alamo Centotaph, "The Spirit of Sacrifice," side view with sculpture of Defenders

Alamo Centotaph, "The Spirit of Sacrifice," side view with sculpture of Defenders

Date: May 3, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of the monument in front of the Alamo, the Alamo Cenotaph, also known as "The Spirit of Sacrifice." It shows a carving of the Defenders of the Alamo on the side of the cenotaph. Buildings and a school bus are visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Alamo memorial for the thirty-two men from Gonzales

Alamo memorial for the thirty-two men from Gonzales

Date: May 4, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of a memorial plaque at the Alamo featuring a bronze relief of the men from Gonzales. Under the bronze relief, it says, "Erected in grateful recognition of the supreme act of heroism of the thirty two men from Gonzales who gave their lives in the Alamo in response to the appeal of Travis."
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Alamo memorial for the thirty-two men from Gonzales, detail of bronze

Alamo memorial for the thirty-two men from Gonzales, detail of bronze

Date: May 4, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of a close-up view of a bronze plaque on a memorial at the Alamo, showing a relief of the Alamo defenders. They march in a line towards the Alamo, and are surrounded on both sides by plants. They all carry guns.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Alamo plaque dedicated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas

Alamo plaque dedicated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas

Date: May 4, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of a plaque at the Alamo dedicated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. It says, "Part of the San Antonio de Valero Mission. 'Blood of heroes hath stained me; let the stones of the Alamo speak that their immolation be not forgotten.' The tablet placed by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas in commemoration of the one hundredth anniversary of the fall of the Alamo."
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Alamo Plaque honoring Adina de Zavala and Clara Driscoll

Alamo Plaque honoring Adina de Zavala and Clara Driscoll

Date: May 4, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of a plaque at the Alamo honoring two opposing visions that helped preserve the Alamo. It says, "Adina Emelia de Zavala 1861-1955. Clara Driscoll 1881-1945. Two loyal members of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas, each in her own way responsible for preserving this historic site." A bronze Texas seal has been placed on the plaque between their names.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
American Veterans War Memorial, Comanche County

American Veterans War Memorial, Comanche County

Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of a veterans memorial located on the Comanche County Courthouse grounds. It is Sponsored by Amvets Post 43 and Ladies Auxiliary, and was dedicated May 28, 1989. It reads "Dedicated in memory of all veterans who served honorably in the Armed Forces of the United States of America."
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Angelina County Courthouse

Angelina County Courthouse

Date: October 27, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of the Angelina County Courthouse, constructed 1955 by architect Wilbur Kent. A sign is partially obscured by the cars parked in the lot. The building is mostly red brick. Letters above the three windows spell out "Angelina County".
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Angelina County Courthouse

Angelina County Courthouse

Date: October 27, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of the Angelina County Courthouse, constructed in 1955 by architect Wilbur Kent. It is a red brick building with many columns. Several cars are parked in front of it, and there is foliage all around it.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Angelina County Courthouse, fountain

Angelina County Courthouse, fountain

Date: October 27, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of the fountain in front of the Angelina County Courthouse. Indecipherable words are carved into the side of the fountain. A bronze statue can be seen to the left behind the fountain, and the courthouse dominates the right hand side of the photo. It is a red brick building with white columns.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST