You limited your search to:

  Partner: UNT Libraries
 Resource Type: Photograph
[Academia at Masters Commencement Ceremony]
Photograph of academic administrators and academia onstage at the May 2010 masters commencement ceremony at the University of North Texas, in Denton, Texas. They are dressed in black, green, blue, red and gold academic regalia. There are people seated in the background, watching the ceremony. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth139709/
The Alamo
Photograph of the ruins of the buildings surrounding the Alamo. The buildings are made of stone, and two windows with wooden bars have been cut into the stone. There are two plaque on the far left of the back wall, and one around the left corner. The building has been roped off, and there is a marker inside the roped off area. Tree branches are visible above the building, and a taller building can be seen in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3626/
The Alamo
Photograph of the exterior of the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas at 9 am. Tourists stand on the sidewalk outside the building. Orange traffic cones line the curb. A flagpole flying a Texas flag stands to the left of the building. A tall building can be seen behind the trees to the right of the Alamo. It has a sign that say "Crockett Hotel". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3628/
The Alamo
Photograph of the exterior of the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas at 9 am. A tall building can be seen in the background, and several people stand on the sidewalk. There is a flagpole to the right of the photo flying a Texas flag. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3630/
Alamo and grounds
Photograph of the Alamo and its grounds. A security guard stands with his hands behind his back on the left side of the photo. Tourists inspect plaques on the right side of the photo. Other buildings can be seen in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3625/
Alamo and grounds
Photograph of the grounds of the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. A small window has been cut high up into the far wall, and a large group of cacti grows against the wall to the left of the photo. There is a clay pot on the ground to the right of the window. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3609/
Alamo Centotaph, "The Spirit of Sacrifice," side view with sculpture of Defenders
Photograph of the monument in front of the Alamo, the Alamo Cenotaph, also known as "The Spirit of Sacrifice." It shows a carving of the Defenders of the Alamo on the side of the cenotaph. Buildings and a school bus are visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3623/
Alamo memorial for the thirty-two men from Gonzales
Photograph of a memorial plaque at the Alamo featuring a bronze relief of the men from Gonzales. Under the bronze relief, it says, "Erected in grateful recognition of the supreme act of heroism of the thirty two men from Gonzales who gave their lives in the Alamo in response to the appeal of Travis." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3607/
Alamo memorial for the thirty-two men from Gonzales, detail of bronze
Photograph of a close-up view of a bronze plaque on a memorial at the Alamo, showing a relief of the Alamo defenders. They march in a line towards the Alamo, and are surrounded on both sides by plants. They all carry guns. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3605/
Alamo plaque dedicated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas
Photograph of a plaque at the Alamo dedicated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. It says, "Part of the San Antonio de Valero Mission. 'Blood of heroes hath stained me; let the stones of the Alamo speak that their immolation be not forgotten.' The tablet placed by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas in commemoration of the one hundredth anniversary of the fall of the Alamo." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3624/
Alamo Plaque honoring Adina de Zavala and Clara Driscoll
Photograph of a plaque at the Alamo honoring two opposing visions that helped preserve the Alamo. It says, "Adina Emelia de Zavala 1861-1955. Clara Driscoll 1881-1945. Two loyal members of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas, each in her own way responsible for preserving this historic site." A bronze Texas seal has been placed on the plaque between their names. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3599/
The Alamo through an archway
Photograph of a side view of the Alamo through an archway. A man wearing a baseball cap and pushing a cart full of cleaning supplies walks away from the arch. A girl walks in front of him. The building to the left is roped off. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3595/
Alley in Breckenridge
Photograph of an alley scene in Breckenridge, Texas. There is a green dumpster to the far left of the photograph. Next to it is a white sign with black lettering that says "One Way Do Not Enter." A car drives through the alley. A fire escape can be seen on the third building in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13056/
American Veterans War Memorial, Comanche County
Photograph of a veterans memorial located on the Comanche County Courthouse grounds. It is Sponsored by Amvets Post 43 and Ladies Auxiliary, and was dedicated May 28, 1989. It reads "Dedicated in memory of all veterans who served honorably in the Armed Forces of the United States of America." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5788/
Angelina County Courthouse
Photograph of the Angelina County Courthouse, constructed 1955 by architect Wilbur Kent. A sign is partially obscured by the cars parked in the lot. The building is mostly red brick. Letters above the three windows spell out "Angelina County". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6626/
Angelina County Courthouse
Photograph of the Angelina County Courthouse, constructed in 1955 by architect Wilbur Kent. It is a red brick building with many columns. Several cars are parked in front of it, and there is foliage all around it. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6627/
Angelina County Courthouse, fountain
Photograph of the fountain in front of the Angelina County Courthouse. Indecipherable words are carved into the side of the fountain. A bronze statue can be seen to the left behind the fountain, and the courthouse dominates the right hand side of the photo. It is a red brick building with white columns. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6628/
Angelina County Peace Officers Memorial
Photograph of the Angelina County Peace Officers Memorial. It reads: "We remember the officers who always stood true. Persons strong enough to answer the challenge are few. With pride and integrity they say 'To serve and protect'. For the giving of their life, we offer our respect." "Capt. Don H. Willmon, 1946-1979, Angelina Co. Reserves." and "Officer John E. Logan Jr., 1970-2004, Huntington Police Dept." are carved into the small stone on the left, and "Deputy Byford H. Hunter, 1949-1982, Angeline Co. Sheriff's Dept." is carved into the stone on the right. Red and white bricks with the names, birth dates, and death dates of officers make up the walkway leading to the memorial. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6624/
Angelina County WW I. Memorial
Photograph of a World War I memorial in Angelina County. It says, "In Grateful Memory of our boys who gave their lives in the World War, 1917-1918. Erected by the citizens of Angelina County sponsored by Angelina Post No. 113 American Legion." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6630/
Angelina County WW I. Memorial
Photograph of a statue and memorial dedicated to residents of Angelina County who fought in World War I. The statue wears a military uniform, holds a gun at his side, and has his right hand raised in a fist. It says, "In grateful memory of our boys who gave their lives in the World War, 1917-1918, erected by the citizens of Angelina County, sponsored by Angelina Post No. 113 American Legion. Honor Roll: Capt. Hugh O'Keeffee Kendrick; Henry T. Dixon; Fred R. Lindsey; Curtis F. Seale; Frank W. Weeks; Lee Scalise; William L. Sanford; Milton D. Roy; DeWitt F. Penry; Daniel S. McDougald; John T. Hudson; Ernest H. Hardy; James F. Cunningham; Brittian Plez Cox; Edward L. Chancey; Robert J. Anderson; Henry Williams; C. Weaver Shofner." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth6629/
[Animal Skin Rug]
Photograph of an animal skin rug on the stone floor of a building somewhere in Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13146/
Ann Whitney Memorial
Photograph of a memorial for Ann Whitney. It says, "In Memory of Ann Whitney. Born in Massachusetts about 1835, massacred by Comanche Indians, July 9, 1867 while protecting her pupils. Miss Whitney's grave is located 5 blocks north in the Graves-Gentry Cemetery. School was located 7 miles northeast of Hamilton on the Juan de la Garza Survey. Sponsored by Hamilton Kiwanis Club, 1858. Donated by Riley-Gardner Memorial Service Co. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth11982/
Annie Riggs Memorial Museum
Photograph of the Annie Riggs Memorial Museum. It is an old two-story brick building with a wrap-around porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5674/
Arched doorway, Mission Concepción
Photograph of an arched doorway at Mission Concepción. The doorway opens up onto a sidewalk and yard. A person sits on a bench in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3510/
Arched walkway at Mission Concepción
Photograph of an arched walkway at Mission Concepción in San Antonio, Texas. On the right side of the walkway, there is a wrought-iron bench, and two lamps on the wall next to two doorways. Another bench and a trash can can be seen on the left side of the walkway. A man stands outside the walkway in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3511/
Arched walkway at Mission Concepción
Photograph of an arched walkway at Mission Concepción in San Antonio, Texas. On the right side of the walkway, there is a wrought-iron bench, and a lamp on the wall next to a doorway. Another bench and a trash can can be seen on the left side of the walkway. A woman stands outside the walkway in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3513/
Arched walkway at Mission Concepción
Photograph of an arched walkway at Mission Concepción with brick floors. To the right side of the walkway, there is a bench and two lamps on the walls above doorways. On the left side, there is another bench, and at the end of the walkway, a trash can. Several people stand outside the walkway in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3512/
Arched window at the Alamo
Photograph of the detail of an arched window at the Alamo. Three vertical wooden bars have been set in the window. Behind the wooden bars, glass has been set in. Tourists can be seen through the window. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3617/
[Artwork at African American Marketplace]
Photograph of a piece of artwork depicting the early African American marketplace on a red brick wall at the Intermodal Transportation Center in Fort Worth, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth14580/
Asteraceae, Guayule, Parthenium argentatum
Photograph of a bushy plant in the cactus garden at Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas. The name plaque in front of the bush says "Asteraceae, Guayule, Parthenium argentatum." There is a green, flowering plant on the left, and a second plaque to the right. The plants are in a narrow graveled area bordered by red brick and a grass lawn is visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5638/
[At a Pool]
Photograph of a wooden structure at a swimming pool somewhere in Texas. A blue sign with the pool rules is mounted on the wall to the left, and there are several wooden tables and a Coca-Cola vending machine inside the structure. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth14517/
Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe (A.T.S.F.) Train Engine, #1080
Photograph of the Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe (A.T.S.F.) Train Engine, #1080. The words "Safety First A.T. & S.F." are written in white paint on the side of the black train locomotive. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5779/
Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (A.T.S.F.) Wooden Baggage Cart
Photograph of an Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (A.T.S.F.) green wooden baggage cart. It's wheels and handles are rusty. It is located at the Railway Museum of San Angelo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5705/
B. F. Word, Attorney at Law, in 1916 building, Meridian
Photograph of a building in Meridian. The sign above it reads "B. F. Word, Attorney at Law." There is another sign with the year 1916 on it. Above the doorway, a sign declares the current resident to be Dr. Ed Williamson, Dentist. A white van is parked on the far left side of the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth11990/
Baird street scene
Photograph of a street scene in Baird, Texas. Cars are parked outside buildings up both sides of the street. A tall red building is at the very end of the street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5236/
Baird street scene
Photograph of a street scene in Baird, Texas. Cars are parked in front of buildings, and several cars are coming down the road. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5234/
Baird street scene
Photograph of a street scene in Baird, Texas. Buildings line the street, and two cars are parked outside an antique shop. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5227/
Baird street scene, looking towards the Callahan County Courthouse
Photograph of a street scene in Baird, Texas, looking towards the Callahan County courthouse. Cars are parked outside buildings on both sides of the street. Several trees obscure the courthouse from view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5226/
Baird Volunteer Fire Department, est. 1881
Photograph of the Baird Fire Department building. It is made out of bright red brick, and has two garage doors. A sign at the top of the building says "B.A.I.R.D. Est. 1881, Volunteer Fire Department." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5229/
Baker Hotel, Mineral Wells
Photograph of the front of the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, built 1929 by architects Wyatt C. Hendrick and Co. Architects. It has been vacant since 1972. It is at least twelve stories tall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13082/
Baker Hotel, Mineral Wells
Photograph of the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, built 1929 by architects Wyatt C. Hendrick and Co. Architects. It has been vacant since 1972. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13083/
Baker Hotel, Mineral Wells
Photograph of the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, built 1929 by architects Wyatt C. Hendrick and Co. Architects. It has been vacant since 1972. The building is at least twelve stories tall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13081/
Baker Hotel, Mineral Wells, colonnade
Photograph of the colonnade near the front entrance of the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. It was built in 1929 by architects Wyatt C. Hendrick and Co. Architects. It has been vacant since 1972. The floor is made of red brick, and the walls of slightly lighter brick. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13077/
Baker Hotel, Mineral Wells, colonnade
Photograph of the colonnade at the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells. It was built in 1929 by architects Wyatt C. Hendrick and Co. Architects. It has been vacant since 1972. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13076/
Baker Hotel, Mineral Wells, detail of doorway
Photograph of the doorway to the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. There are double doors in white with glass windows. The door on the left has a sign warning against trespassing. The hotel was built in 1929 by architects Wyatt C. Hendrick and Co. Architects. It has been vacant since 1972. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13078/
Baker Hotel, Mineral Wells, detail of top floor - the "Cloud Room"
Photograph of the top floor, called the "Cloud Room", at the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells, Texas. There is a balcony around the wall. Several of the windows have been punched out. The hotel was built in 1929 by architects Wyatt C. Hendrick and Co. Architects. It has been vacant since 1972. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13080/
Baker Hotel, Mineral Wells, flyer for the official website
Photograph of a flier for the official website for the Baker Hotel, in Mineral Wells, Texas. It has been pasted into a window. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth13079/
[Banister in Courthouse]
Photograph of a wooden banister at the bottom of a staircase inside a building in an unidentified town in Texas. A square on the back wall is labeled "Fire Extinguisher". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth14526/
Banner: National Aeronautics and Space Adminstration, U.S.A.
Photograph of a banner hung on the beams of Hanger X at Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. The banner contains dark background with a circular seal in the center depicting planets and stars, surrounded by the words "National Aeronautics and Space Administration, U.S.A." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth3637/
[Base of a Statue]
Photograph of the base of a statue on the courthouse grounds in Crockett County, Texas. The text reads: "'The Tie That Binds' by Judy Black, December, 1996. A Heritage Appreciation sculpture dedicated to the pioneers of Crockett County". The courthouse and several parked cars are visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5692/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST