Date: August 5, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: COMMANDING OFFICER'S QUARTERS This building served as the residence for the commanding officer. Construction of the house began in 1867 under the direction of Lieutenant Colonel Wesley Merritt, who was the first to move in and call it "home". Today it is furnished to the time when Colonel Benjamin H. Grierson, commander of the black Tenth U.S.Cavalry, and his family lived here, 1882-1885.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries