Date: October 8, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Historic plaque, "Lee County Courthouse. Designed by J.R. Gordon along lines similar to New York State Capitol and several buildings at Harvard University. Classified as Richardsonian Romanesque style, after the famous Louisiana-born architect Henry B. Richardson. Built by Sonnefield, Emmins and Abright of San Antonion, 1899. Replaced first courthouse, which burned 1897. Located on crest of divide separating the Colorado and Brazos River Basins. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1968."
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries