You limited your search to:

  Partner: UNT Libraries
 County: Tom Green County, TX
Tom Green County Courthouse

Tom Green County Courthouse

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Tom Green County Courthouse
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Veterans Memorial, Tom Green County

Veterans Memorial, Tom Green County

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Veterans Memorial, Tom Green County, erected 1967.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, Tom Green County

George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, Tom Green County

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of the George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, on the Tom Green County Courthouse grounds.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, detail

George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, detail

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Close-up view of flower and lily pads at the George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, on the grounds of the Tom Green County Courthouse grounds.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Tom Green County, historic plaque

Tom Green County, historic plaque

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Historic plaque. "Original Tom Green County on transcontinental trail of California Gold Rush. Until 1846 a part of Bexar Land District, Republic of Texas. Private tracts were surveyed as early as 1847. German emigration company colony (90 mi. SE) had grants here, but in 1840s found Indians blocking settlement. Butterland Overland Mail managers lived in stands in area, 1858-61. R. F. Tankersley family established a permanent home in 1864 in future Tom Green County. By 1874 there were five settlements here, including Bismarck Farm, a colony of 15 German immigrants. The County (12,756 sq. mi., 10 1/2 times as large as state of Rhode Island) was created in 1874, and named for heroic Gen. Green (1814-64), a state official and gallant Texas soldier. After a decade of progress, the original Tom Green County began losing outlying areas. Midland County - halfway between Fort Worth and El Paso on newly opened Texas & Pacific Railway - was created in 1885. Settlers remote from San Angelo petitioned for new counties in 1887, and the Texas Legislature created Crane, Loving, Upton, Ward adn Winkler. Coke and Irion Counties were cut out of Tom Green in 1889. Ector and Sterling were created in 1891. ...
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Tom Green County Courthouse, detail of facade and building engraving

Tom Green County Courthouse, detail of facade and building engraving

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Tom Green County Courthouse, detail of facade and building engraving
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Cactus Hotel, lobby

Cactus Hotel, lobby

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of the ornate lobby of the Cactus Hotel. The front of the concierge's desk on the left side is decorated with tan, green, and blue tiles. The stairs leading up to the rooms is visible on the right side of the photo. This was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Cactus Hotel, lobby and grand staircase

Cactus Hotel, lobby and grand staircase

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of the lobby and grand staircase at the Cactus Hotel in San Angelo, Texas. It was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Cactus Hotel lobby, detail of chandelier

Cactus Hotel lobby, detail of chandelier

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Close-up view of a chandelier in the lobby of the Cactus Hotel in San Angelo, Texas. The chandelier is made of wrought-iron, with a ring of electric candles providing light inside. The Cactus was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
Cactus Hotel lobby, detail of tile work on column

Cactus Hotel lobby, detail of tile work on column

Date: August 2, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Close-up view of the tile work on columns in the lobby of the Cactus Hotel in San Angelo, Texas. The tiles are blue, yellow, and tan. The Cactus was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929.
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST