You limited your search to:

  Partner: UNT Libraries
 County: Tom Green County, TX
Cactus Hotel Ballroom, detail of ceiling
Close-up view of the ceiling of the ballroom of the Cactus Hotel. There is a painting of a lake scene above both the air vents. This hotel was the fourth one built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5731/
Cactus Hotel lobby, detail of chandelier
Close-up view of a chandelier in the lobby of the Cactus Hotel in San Angelo, Texas. The chandelier is made of wrought-iron, with a ring of electric candles providing light inside. The Cactus was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5737/
Cactus Hotel lobby, detail of ceiling
Photograph of the ceiling of the Cactus Hotel. Two lamps hang from the ceiling. This was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5730/
Cactus Hotel, lobby and grand staircase
Photograph of the lobby and grand staircase at the Cactus Hotel in San Angelo, Texas. It was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5738/
Cactus Hotel, Ballroom
Photograph of the ballroom of the Cactus Hotel. Four chandeliers hang from the ceiling. The room is reflected in two sectioned mirrors at the end of the hall. The floor is wooden. This building was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5734/
Cactus Hotel, lobby
Photograph of the ornate lobby of the Cactus Hotel. The front of the concierge's desk on the left side is decorated with tan, green, and blue tiles. The stairs leading up to the rooms is visible on the right side of the photo. This was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5739/
Cactus Hotel lobby, detail of tile work on column
Close-up view of the tile work on columns in the lobby of the Cactus Hotel in San Angelo, Texas. The tiles are blue, yellow, and tan. The Cactus was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5736/
Cactus Hotel, Ballroom
Photograph of the ballroom of the Cactus Hotel. Two chandeliers hang from the ceiling. The room is reflected in two sectioned mirrors at the end of the hall. The floor is wooden. There is a man standing in the doorway to the right. This building was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5733/
Cactus Hotel lobby, registration desk
Photograph of the registration desk in the lobby of the Cactus Hotel. The tile work on the columns and front of the desk is visible. There is a potted plant in the bottom right foreground. The Cactus was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5735/
Cactus Hotel Ballroom, detail of chandelier
Close-up view of a chandelier in the ballroom of the Cactus Hotel. This was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5732/
Fort Concho, long covered porch of Cavalry Barracks 1
Photograph of the long covered porch of Cavalry Barracks 1 at Fort Concho. The porch is made of wood, and the building of stone. There are benches up against the wall to the left. Other buildings can be seen beyond the porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5715/
Tom Green County Courthouse
Tom Green County Courthouse texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5745/
George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, detail
Close-up view of flower and lily pads at the George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, on the grounds of the Tom Green County Courthouse grounds. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5742/
George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, Tom Green County
Photograph of the George Julien Bird Memorial Fountain, on the Tom Green County Courthouse grounds. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5743/
Tom Green County, historic plaque
Historic plaque. "Original Tom Green County on transcontinental trail of California Gold Rush. Until 1846 a part of Bexar Land District, Republic of Texas. Private tracts were surveyed as early as 1847. German emigration company colony (90 mi. SE) had grants here, but in 1840s found Indians blocking settlement. Butterland Overland Mail managers lived in stands in area, 1858-61. R. F. Tankersley family established a permanent home in 1864 in future Tom Green County. By 1874 there were five settlements here, including Bismarck Farm, a colony of 15 German immigrants. The County (12,756 sq. mi., 10 1/2 times as large as state of Rhode Island) was created in 1874, and named for heroic Gen. Green (1814-64), a state official and gallant Texas soldier. After a decade of progress, the original Tom Green County began losing outlying areas. Midland County - halfway between Fort Worth and El Paso on newly opened Texas & Pacific Railway - was created in 1885. Settlers remote from San Angelo petitioned for new counties in 1887, and the Texas Legislature created Crane, Loving, Upton, Ward adn Winkler. Coke and Irion Counties were cut out of Tom Green in 1889. Ector and Sterling were created in 1891. Last diversions - Glasscock (1893) and Reagan (1903) - gave Tom Green its present size. It remains influential in the region. (1972)" texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5741/
Tom Green County Courthouse, detail of facade and building engraving
Tom Green County Courthouse, detail of facade and building engraving texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5740/
Veterans Memorial, Tom Green County
Veterans Memorial, Tom Green County, erected 1967. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5744/
Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (A.T.S.F.) Wooden Baggage Cart
Photograph of an Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (A.T.S.F.) green wooden baggage cart. It's wheels and handles are rusty. It is located at the Railway Museum of San Angelo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5705/
Sante Fe Depot, San Angelo
Sante Fe train depot in San Angelo texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5708/
San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts
The San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts with a roofline created to resemble a Conestoga wagon. Designed by Hardy Holzman Pfeiffer Architects and opened in 1999. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5704/
Old San Jose Mission, San Angelo
Old San Jose Mission in San Angelo. This replica was built by parishioners in the 1950s. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5709/
Sante Fe Depot, San Angelo
Sante Fe train depot, San Angelo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5706/
San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts
The San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts with a roofline created to resemble a Conestoga wagon. Designed by Hardy Holzman Pfeiffer Architects and opened in 1999. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5703/
Sante Fe Depot, San Angelo
Sante Fe train depot in San Angelo texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5707/
Mural in Sante Fe East Park, San Angelo
Mural at Sante Fe East Park in San Angelo texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5725/
San Angelo City Hall, detail of sculpture on building
San Angelo City Hall, detail of sculpture on building texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5722/
Fort Concho, rear view of an Officer's Quarters
Photograph of the rear view of an officer's quarters in Fort Concho. The building is made of stone, and there is a small porch with two doors. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5721/
Cactus Hotel
Photograph of the Cactus Hotel. It was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. It is fourteen stories tall. There are many cars parked near the hotel, or driving past it. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5727/
Fort Concho, an Officer's Quarters
Photograph of an officer's quarters at Fort Concho. It is a stone building with a large front porch. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5720/
Masonic Lodge, San Angelo
Photograph of the Masonic Lodge in San Angelo, across the street from the Cactus Hotel. A blue flag hangs from the second floor, and a car is parked in front of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5728/
Texas Theatre, San Angelo
Texas Theatre in San Angelo texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5724/
Cactus Hotel lobby, detail of registration desk
Close-up view of the registration desk in the lobby of the Cactus Hotel. It is made of carved and gilded wood, and has several cabinets above and below the desk portion. The Cactus was the fourth hotel built by Conrad Hilton, constructed in 1929. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5729/
San Angelo Visitor's Center, viewed from the river
San Angelo Visitor's Center texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5726/
San Angelo City Hall
San Angelo City Hall, designed by Henri Trost, completed in 1928. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5723/
Old San Jose Mission, San Angelo
San Jose Mission in San Angelo. This replica was built by parishioners in the 1950s. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5710/
Fort Concho, Cavalry Barracks 1
Photograph of the cavalry barracks 1 at Fort Concho. There is a white truck parked in front of the building, and a building with a red roof is visible in the background, next to Texas and American flags. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5718/
Fort Concho, long covered porch of Cavalry Barracks 1
Photograph of the long covered porch of Cavalry Barracks 1 at Fort Concho. The porch is made of wood, and the building to the left is made of stone. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5714/
Fort Concho, Cavalry Barracks 1 and 2
Photograph of cavalry barracks 1 and 2 at Fort Concho. A tall building with a red roof can be seen in the background near Texas and American flags, and a white truck is parked between the two barrack buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5719/
Fort Concho, Headquarters
Photograph of the headquarters at Fort Concho. The building has a large porch, and several trees grow in front of it. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5716/
Wall sculpture on building at corner of Beauregard and Irving, San Angelo
Wall sculpture, created by Remo Scardigli, on building at corner of Beauregard and Irving, San Angelo. Features sheep, a longhorn, horses, an oil derrick, cotton and a cowboy boot. This building is the former Hemphill-Wells department store, and the future home of the Tom Green Co. Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5713/
Old San Jose Mission, San Angelo
Gateway of San Jose Mission in San Angelo. This replica was built by parishioners in the 1950s. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5712/
Old San Jose Mission, San Angelo
Old San Jose Mission in San Angelo. This replica was built by St. Joseph's parishioners in the 1950s. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5711/
Fort Concho, Infantry Barracks 5 and 6
Photograph of Infantry Barracks 5 and 6 at Fort Concho. There are trees around the barracks, and a white truck parked to the left. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth5717/
The San Angelo Press. (San Angelo, Tex.), Vol. 5, No. 50, Ed. 1, Friday, December 13, 1901
Weekly newspaper from San Angelo, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with extensive advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth115999/
The San Angelo Press. (San Angelo, Tex.), Vol. 5, No. 47, Ed. 1, Friday, November 22, 1901
Weekly newspaper from San Angelo, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with extensive advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth115996/
The San Angelo Press. (San Angelo, Tex.), Vol. 5, No. 44, Ed. 1, Friday, November 1, 1901
Weekly newspaper from San Angelo, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with extensive advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth115993/
The San Angelo Press. (San Angelo, Tex.), Vol. 5, No. 46, Ed. 1, Friday, November 15, 1901
Weekly newspaper from San Angelo, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with extensive advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth115995/
The San Angelo Press. (San Angelo, Tex.), Vol. 5, No. 43, Ed. 1, Friday, October 25, 1901
Weekly newspaper from San Angelo, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with extensive advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth115992/
The San Angelo Press. (San Angelo, Tex.), Vol. 5, No. 42, Ed. 1, Friday, October 18, 1901
Weekly newspaper from San Angelo, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with extensive advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth115991/
The San Angelo Press. (San Angelo, Tex.), Vol. 5, No. 48, Ed. 1, Friday, November 29, 1901
Weekly newspaper from San Angelo, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with extensive advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth115997/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST