You limited your search to:

  Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Madison Gas Station/Store - 109 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Madison's Ford Gas Station and Store on Ogden Street. Reportedly the first Ford agency in Del Rio in 1920. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24848/
[Railroad House - 114 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24847/
[Railroad House - 112 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad house built for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24846/
[Railroad House - 110 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24845/
[Dietert Home - 208 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24844/
[Railroad Rooms - 109 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. White and Mr. McGity built early "rooms" for Southern Pacific Railroad employees. Facility is adobe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24843/
[Commercial Building - 119 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a "Motor Company;" later used as warehouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24842/
[Charles Miller home - 112 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Charles Miller came to Del Rio with the Southern Pacific Railroad as a painter, built one of the first hotels in town, and served as Justice of the Peace; house built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24841/
[Madison Garage - Corner Martin and South Main Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Mr. Madison's first Ford garage, built by Mr. Randall; later used by school district as bus repair shop. No longer standing. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24840/
[Taylor Duke Commercial Building - Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Taylor Duke Meat Market was built by Mr. Randall; later used for other commercial enterprises. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24839/
[Old Federal Building - Corner of Main and Broadway]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by the United States government in 1915-16, this Italian Renaissance structure originally housed the Post Office as well as the Federal Court system; c. 1995 it became the Val Verde County Judicial Center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24838/
[Del Rio News Herald - Corner Main and Broadway Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly the building originally housed a bakery, restaurant, and print shop during the early 20th century. The Del Rio News Herald covered the original facade to look more modern. At turn of 21st century, The Herald restaurant restored the building to its original look. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24837/
[Marcy Martin - Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a grocery store; served as "western" store at time of photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24836/
[F. C. Blaine Home -- Broadway Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly home built by F. C. Blaine in the 1880s who sold it to Mr. Ware (who had built the "Opera House" in 1886, later known as "Rita Theatre" and later as "Paul Poag Theatre"); First Church of Christ Scientist owned home at time of photo. Later note on survey says the building was "destroyed 1978." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24835/
[Duke Home - 108 East Broadway]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home used as an office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24834/
[Railroad House - East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24833/
[Price Lumber Company - a - 43? South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built originally by Mr. Price for the Price Lumber Company; serving as carpet store in 1976. Adobe structure. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24832/
[Price Lumber Company - b - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. View of alley to back of Price Lumber Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24831/
[Tom Payne Building - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Tin building altered from original construction reportedly sometime between 1885-1900; orginally used as a store; used as a store by Gordon Walton in 1976. (other side of alley for Price Lumber Building) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24830/
[Walton Building - a - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Appears this building is attached to Tom Payne Building and reportedly built as a store in 1922; operated as a store by owner Gordon Walton in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24829/
[Walton Building - b - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Same information as Walton Building - a; different view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24828/
[Joseph Hyman Building - NE Corner Main and Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1890s for Joseph Hyman family which lived on second floor above shops. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24827/
[Old City Hall - Fire Station - Police Department - 120 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built 1924 by Charles Siever for the City of Del Rio to house City Hall, Police Department, and Fire Station; used for Del Rio Boys' Club in 1976; shortly after that became home of Del Rio Council for the Arts which is still there in 2007. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24826/
[Madison Garage - 109 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly the second location for Mr. Madison's Ford Garage, shown here as Del Rio Motor. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24825/
[Warner Building - NE Corner Main Street and Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1990s for commercial use; two-story with basement; sold by Dr. Cartall to Mr. Newson in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24824/
[Pennington Building - 625 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built of brick c. 1990s, originally used as a drug store; May Warren owns and operates store in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24823/
[Old Del Rio National Bank - SW Corner Main Street and Greenwood]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Designed in 1910 by architect Alfred Giles for Del Rio National Bank; owned by Victor Lee in 1976 as Del Rio Loan Company; 2007 owned by Marty Humphreys and still operated as Del Rio Loan Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24822/
[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]
Photograph taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally built as saloon and opera house; handmade bricks; top floor removed to make a theater operated by Paul Poag; later became Paul Poag Theater for the Performing Arts, operated by City of Del Rio, still in operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24821/
[Rose Building (Burke) -- 748 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built 1907; owned by Major Dobkins. Two-story rock building with basement, original windows and doors and wrought iron exterior stairway "New Orleans style." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24820/
[Lindheim - Roach McLymont - Bealls -- 801 Canal-Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Lindheim built in 1877 for Roach-McLymont department store; occupied by Bealls in 1976. Two-story handmade brick with basement, enlarged by taking in other buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24819/
[Ross Drug Store -- 800 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Owned by Ross family who purchased from Mr. Pennington in 1911. Ulric Ross started work in drug store when he was 12 years old. Two story handmade brick with basement, original sign in window of gold gilt, original windows and doors; front cut stone. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24818/
[Galindo Store -- Corner Main and Pafford Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe painted aqua serves as beauty shop operated by Galindo family; former Schunke home (1896). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24817/
[Galindo Home -- 102 West Pafford Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Home of Galindo family who operated attached beauty shop on corner of Main Street (former Schunke home 1896). Wood building painted white with tin roof. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24816/
[Taini Home - SE Corner Main and Ney Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. John Taini, Italian stonemason, built this one story Spanish-Italian cut rock home with its original windows and doors, fountain, and fence in 1889. Home with tin roof owned by Mrs. Theo Ramirez in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24815/
[Bob Burdett Grocery -- Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1928 of brick to serve as a grocery store for Bob Burdett (reportedly a general in Pancho Villa's army). Used as an appliance store in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24814/
[Perry Store (Whitehead Memorial Museum) -- 1400 block of South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Perry Store was built by John Perry in 1873 as general store and stage stop on road from San Antonio to El Paso. Reported built by Mexican Indians, two story, stacked flint rock walls 18 inches thick with cypress ceilings, original doors and windows. Wood came from Victoria by ox cart. A Recorded Texas Historical Landmark. In 1976 it is anchor for Whitehead Memorial Museum (still is in 2008). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24813/
[Salvatierra Home - a - Wallen Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1875 of lumber; well in yard. (Reportedly Mr. and Mrs. Salvatierra married in Paula Rivers' yard, and he lived in a sapa along the San Felipe Creek in 1870 when he first came to Del Rio.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24812/
[Salvatierra Home - b - Wallen Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1975 of lumber, well in yard. (Reportedly Mr. and Mrs. Salvatierra married in Paula Rivers' yard, and he lived in a sapa along the San Felipe Creek in 1870 whe he first came to Del Rio.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24811/
[Louis Brauer Home - a - 306 Nicholson]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe construction with plaster exterior. (See b photo) Built by Dr. Jackson in 1885. Mr. Brauer was one of the first surveyors in Del Rio in 1881. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24810/
[Louis Brauer Home - b - 306 Nicholson]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe construction with plaster exterior. Built by Dr. Jackson in 1885. Mr. Brauer was one of the first surveyors in Del Rio in 1881. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24809/
[Marini Home - Corner Hudson and Nicholson Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story wood house built in 1912; plastic siding does not ruin lines of building. Neal Kerr owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24808/
[Marini Barn - Corner Hudson and Nicholson Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story adobe barn built in 1909 with 18 inch thick walls, original windows and shutters, tin roof. Neal Kerr owned in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24807/
[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - a - 123 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24806/
[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - b - 123 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24805/
[Qualia Winery - a - Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24804/
[Qualia Winery - b - Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24803/
[Julius Franki Home - a - 500 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24802/
[Julius Franki Home - b - 500 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24801/
[Cassinelli Gin House - a - NE Corner Academy and Pecan Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Cassinelli was a partner with Italian stonemason John Taini and built this two story rock and brick building in 1904. At one time this was a cotton gin, a store, and later Dr. Garrett's home. In 1976 the vacant building was owned by Mr. Billings. It is a Texas Recorded Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24800/
[Cassinelli Gin House - b - NE Corner of Academy and Pecan Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Cassinelli was a partner with Italian stonemason John Taini and built this two story rock and brick building in 1904. At one time this was a cotton gin, a store, and later Dr. Garrett's home. In 1976 the vacant building was owned by Mr. Billings. It is a Texas Recorded Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24799/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST