You limited your search to:

  Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Marini Home - Corner Hudson and Nicholson Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story wood house built in 1912; plastic siding does not ruin lines of building. Neal Kerr owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24808/
[Marini Barn - Corner Hudson and Nicholson Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story adobe barn built in 1909 with 18 inch thick walls, original windows and shutters, tin roof. Neal Kerr owned in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24807/
[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - a - 123 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24806/
[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - b - 123 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24805/
[Qualia Winery - a - Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24804/
[Qualia Winery - b - Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24803/
[Julius Franki Home - a - 500 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24802/
[Julius Franki Home - b - 500 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24801/
[Cassinelli Gin House - a - NE Corner Academy and Pecan Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Cassinelli was a partner with Italian stonemason John Taini and built this two story rock and brick building in 1904. At one time this was a cotton gin, a store, and later Dr. Garrett's home. In 1976 the vacant building was owned by Mr. Billings. It is a Texas Recorded Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24800/
[Cassinelli Gin House - b - NE Corner of Academy and Pecan Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Cassinelli was a partner with Italian stonemason John Taini and built this two story rock and brick building in 1904. At one time this was a cotton gin, a store, and later Dr. Garrett's home. In 1976 the vacant building was owned by Mr. Billings. It is a Texas Recorded Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24799/
[Wolff House - 806 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story wood building faced along lower level with old brick recovered from a grist mill built by Mr. Wolff about 1886. Owned by Jack Hill in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24798/
[Cameron Lumber Company - Corner of Dignowity and Pierce Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in early 1900s, possibly American-Western style. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24797/
[Tom Pafford Home - 709 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe building covered by wood paneling built by Tom Pafford around 1868. Pafford was one of the five men who began the San Felipe Agricultural Manufacturing Irrigation Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24796/
[Tagliabue Store - 609 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. This adobe building with 18 inch walls is reportedly the "seventh house built in Del Rio" about 1873 -- the store was added later. Charlie Tagliabue owned in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24795/
[Tagliabue Home - 609 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. This adobe building with 18 inch walls is reportedly the "seventh house built in Del Rio" about 1873 -- the store was added later. Charlie Tagliabue owned in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24794/
[Cadena Blacksmith Shop - 112 Canal Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Hernan Cadena built and began his blacksmith shop in the 1890s and later provided service to the new automobiles. Owned by Hernan Cadena Jr. in 1976. Still standing as is in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24793/
[Val Verde County Courthouse - a - 400 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by Italian stonemason John Taini with hand-cut rock and original windows and doors. Named to the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24792/
[Val Verde County Courthouse - b - 400 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by Italian stonemason John Taini with hand-cut rock and original windows and doors. Named to the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24791/
[Old Val Verde County Jail - a - 209 Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by John Taini at the same time as the County Courthouse in the same rock. Originally used as a jail, being used as tax office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24790/
[Old Val Verde County Jail - b - 209 Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by John Taini at the same time as the County Courthouse in the same rock. Originally used as a jail, being used as tax office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24789/
[John Doak Home - 313 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by John Taini in 1906 as a home for rancher John Doak. One story cut rock with gingerbread trim and rock pillows of solid pieces of stone. In 1976 it is Arturo Gonzalez' law office; he is still there in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24788/
[Yates Hotel - 204 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Yates and Eagle Pass Lumber Company about 1900 as Yates Hotel. Reportedly used by Dr. John R. Brinkley for hospital patients. In 1976 is Schubert Hotel owned by Dick Schubert. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24787/
[Patton Home - Greenwood Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe house with 18 inch walls built in 1880s. Reportedly Hal Patten came to Del Rio with Mr. Borroum and had a horse-and-buggy taxi. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24786/
[Orr House - 401 East Greenwood Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built 1918 for Dr. and Mrs. B. F. Orr. Michael Stool owns it in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24785/
[Brown Home - Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe home built about 1900 for Mr. and Mrs. Brown (Hattie) who, reportedly, came to Fort Clark in Brackettville as General Mackenzie's cook in the 1870s then moved to Del Rio with her husband who helped build the railroad. Owned in 1976 by Jossie Mae Hamilton. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24784/
[Tardy Home - 703 Losoya Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built about 1880 for H. C. Tardy who moved back to Sabinal in 1885 after selling the home to Ben Borroum. 1976 owner is Jerrell Edmison. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24783/
[Tardy Dam - East of Main Street on San Felipe Creek at Johnson Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Tardy built the dam in the early 1880s to water his dairy cows behind his home on Losoya Street. Owned by Moody Foundation in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24782/
[Fawcett Home - a - 416 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rancher E. K. Fawcett from Loma Alta built this lumber home plastered with stucco sometime between 1883-1900. His daugher, Mrs. Dan Finegan, owned the home in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24781/
[Fawcett Home - b - 416 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rancher E. K. Fawcett from Loma Alta built this lumber home plastered with stucco sometime between 1883-1900. His daugher, Mrs. Dan Finegan, owned the home in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24780/
[Ellis Home - Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Perry Ellis built home in the early 1900s; it was for sale in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24779/
[Weathersbee Home - 315 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern colonial built in 1915. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24778/
[Wood Home - 418 Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built between 1886-1890; home to John Wood and later Mr. Almond who served as sheriff and tax collector of Val Verde County. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24777/
[Grady-Lowrey Home - 201 Texas Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built by J. Mason in 1902-03; added to by son-in-law J. C. Clarkson; owned by Mrs. Grady Lowrey in 1976, who is granddaughter of Mason and daughter of Clarkson. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24776/
[Wood & Sons Bank - Frank's Hotel - 204 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1885 reportedly as Del Rio's first bank - Wood & Son's Bank; later was Frank's hotel; Mr. Schubert owns the building in 1976 which is used as a residence. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24775/
[W. K. Jones Home - 316 Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built in 1884 for W. K. Jones who became the first Val Verde County Judge after helping to organize the county. Subdivided into apartments in 1976; owner is Doug Newton. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24774/
[Griffen Home - Garfield Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe home with 18 inch walls built in 1901; for sale in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24773/
[Luke Dowe House - 303 Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian home built in early 1900s; used as a rental house in 1976 owned by Mrs. Henry Horn; owned by Adrian Falcon in 2008 and operated as an art gallery and beauty salon. Recorded Texas Historical Landmark texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24772/
[Gillis Home - Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Early American home built around 1890 for Walter Gillis Sr.; owned by Mrs. Roger Gillis in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24771/
[Comolli Home - Las Vacas Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Paul Comolli built this adobe home in 1885. Family of lawyers and judges. 1976 owner listed as Mrs. H. F. Moody. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24770/
[Moody House - Las Vacas Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in early 1900s by Bedell Moore of hand cut rock; Moody Foundation owns it in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24769/
[Business stores - South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Three storefronts built in 1920s, housing Photo Mile on south end and Muter Taxidermist in center; scheduled for demolition in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24768/
[Everett House - 501 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. Owned by Mabel Deaton in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24767/
[Malley Home - 514 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24766/
[Cochran Home - 209 East 8th Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Fame house built by Frank W. Cochran (Madge Horn's father) on Railroad Street then moved to East 8th Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24765/
[Herbst Home - 500 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. Owned by Max Herbst in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24764/
[Dr. Rose Home - 509 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally one-story rock home; 2nd story frame added by Parker family then remodeled; owned by Elvis Stewart in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24763/
[Keller Home - 406 Mills]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24762/
[Hamilton Home - 404 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by L. E. Perry in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24761/
[Smith-Hazel Whitehead Coe Home - 200 East 8th Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Smith, whole grocery business, built plaster house; later remodeled; owned by Robert Warren in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24760/
[Carl Balmer Home - 805 Griner]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe and plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24759/