This system will be undergoing maintenance Tuesday, September 30, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM CDT.

  You limited your search to:

  Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
 Language: English
[Cadena Blacksmith Shop - 112 Canal Street]

[Cadena Blacksmith Shop - 112 Canal Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Hernan Cadena built and began his blacksmith shop in the 1890s and later provided service to the new automobiles. Owned by Hernan Cadena Jr. in 1976. Still standing as is in 2008.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Tagliabue Store - 609 Pecan Street]

[Tagliabue Store - 609 Pecan Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. This adobe building with 18 inch walls is reportedly the "seventh house built in Del Rio" about 1873 -- the store was added later. Charlie Tagliabue owned in 1976.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Qualia Winery - b - Hudson Drive]

[Qualia Winery - b - Hudson Drive]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Qualia Winery - a - Hudson Drive]

[Qualia Winery - a - Hudson Drive]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Bob Burdett Grocery -- Main Street]

[Bob Burdett Grocery -- Main Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1928 of brick to serve as a grocery store for Bob Burdett (reportedly a general in Pancho Villa's army). Used as an appliance store in 1976.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Ross Drug Store -- 800 South Main Street]

[Ross Drug Store -- 800 South Main Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Owned by Ross family who purchased from Mr. Pennington in 1911. Ulric Ross started work in drug store when he was 12 years old. Two story handmade brick with basement, original sign in window of gold gilt, original windows and doors; front cut stone.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]

[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally built as saloon and opera house; handmade bricks; top floor removed to make a theater operated by Paul Poag; later became Paul Poag Theater for the Performing Arts, operated by City of Del Rio, still in operation in 2008.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Old Del Rio National Bank - SW Corner Main Street and Greenwood]

[Old Del Rio National Bank - SW Corner Main Street and Greenwood]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Designed in 1910 by architect Alfred Giles for Del Rio National Bank; owned by Victor Lee in 1976 as Del Rio Loan Company; 2007 owned by Marty Humphreys and still operated as Del Rio Loan Company.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Pennington Building - 625 South Main Street]

[Pennington Building - 625 South Main Street]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built of brick c. 1990s, originally used as a drug store; May Warren owns and operates store in 1976.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Warner Building - NE Corner Main Street and Losoya]

[Warner Building - NE Corner Main Street and Losoya]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1990s for commercial use; two-story with basement; sold by Dr. Cartall to Mr. Newson in 1976.
Contributing Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT LAST