You limited your search to:

  Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Alderhold Home - East 2nd Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rock house in poor condition in 1976 and owned by O. J. White. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24731/
[Armstrong House - 821 Spring]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. See Louise Gylmer - J. Kurchiville. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24740/
[Block Home - a - End of East Strickland Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe built in 1890s. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24752/
[Block Home - End of East Strickland Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe built in 1890s. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24751/
[Bob Burdett Grocery -- Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1928 of brick to serve as a grocery store for Bob Burdett (reportedly a general in Pancho Villa's army). Used as an appliance store in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24814/
[Bochat Home - 400 Nicholson Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe and plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24745/
[Brown Home - Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe home built about 1900 for Mr. and Mrs. Brown (Hattie) who, reportedly, came to Fort Clark in Brackettville as General Mackenzie's cook in the 1870s then moved to Del Rio with her husband who helped build the railroad. Owned in 1976 by Jossie Mae Hamilton. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24784/
[Business stores - South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Three storefronts built in 1920s, housing Photo Mile on south end and Muter Taxidermist in center; scheduled for demolition in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24768/
[Cadena Blacksmith Shop - 112 Canal Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Hernan Cadena built and began his blacksmith shop in the 1890s and later provided service to the new automobiles. Owned by Hernan Cadena Jr. in 1976. Still standing as is in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24793/
[Cameron Lumber Company - Corner of Dignowity and Pierce Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in early 1900s, possibly American-Western style. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24797/
[Carl Balmer Home - 805 Griner]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe and plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24759/
[Cassinelli Gin House - a - NE Corner Academy and Pecan Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Cassinelli was a partner with Italian stonemason John Taini and built this two story rock and brick building in 1904. At one time this was a cotton gin, a store, and later Dr. Garrett's home. In 1976 the vacant building was owned by Mr. Billings. It is a Texas Recorded Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24800/
[Cassinelli Gin House - b - NE Corner of Academy and Pecan Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Cassinelli was a partner with Italian stonemason John Taini and built this two story rock and brick building in 1904. At one time this was a cotton gin, a store, and later Dr. Garrett's home. In 1976 the vacant building was owned by Mr. Billings. It is a Texas Recorded Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24799/
[Charles Miller home - 112 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Charles Miller came to Del Rio with the Southern Pacific Railroad as a painter, built one of the first hotels in town, and served as Justice of the Peace; house built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24841/
[Cochran Home - 209 East 8th Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Fame house built by Frank W. Cochran (Madge Horn's father) on Railroad Street then moved to East 8th Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24765/
[Commercial Building - 119 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a "Motor Company;" later used as warehouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24842/
[Comolli Home - Las Vacas Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Paul Comolli built this adobe home in 1885. Family of lawyers and judges. 1976 owner listed as Mrs. H. F. Moody. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24770/
[Del Rio News Herald - Corner Main and Broadway Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly the building originally housed a bakery, restaurant, and print shop during the early 20th century. The Del Rio News Herald covered the original facade to look more modern. At turn of 21st century, The Herald restaurant restored the building to its original look. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24837/
[Dietert Home - 208 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24844/
[Dr. Rose Home - 509 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally one-story rock home; 2nd story frame added by Parker family then remodeled; owned by Elvis Stewart in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24763/
[Dr. Rose Home - 1100 Griner]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by Tully Shahan in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24738/
[Duke Home - 108 East Broadway]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home used as an office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24834/
[Early Pafford Home - 201 East Pafford]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24743/
[Ellis Home - Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Perry Ellis built home in the early 1900s; it was for sale in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24779/
[Everett House - 501 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. Owned by Mabel Deaton in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24767/
[F. C. Blaine Home -- Broadway Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly home built by F. C. Blaine in the 1880s who sold it to Mr. Ware (who had built the "Opera House" in 1886, later known as "Rita Theatre" and later as "Paul Poag Theatre"); First Church of Christ Scientist owned home at time of photo. Later note on survey says the building was "destroyed 1978." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24835/
[Fawcett Home - a - 416 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rancher E. K. Fawcett from Loma Alta built this lumber home plastered with stucco sometime between 1883-1900. His daugher, Mrs. Dan Finegan, owned the home in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24781/
[Fawcett Home - b - 416 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rancher E. K. Fawcett from Loma Alta built this lumber home plastered with stucco sometime between 1883-1900. His daugher, Mrs. Dan Finegan, owned the home in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24780/
[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - a - 123 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24806/
[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - b - 123 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24805/
[Fred Brown Home - 709 Spring]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24737/
[Galindo Home -- 102 West Pafford Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Home of Galindo family who operated attached beauty shop on corner of Main Street (former Schunke home 1896). Wood building painted white with tin roof. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24816/
[Galindo Store -- Corner Main and Pafford Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe painted aqua serves as beauty shop operated by Galindo family; former Schunke home (1896). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24817/
[Gibons Home - 315 West 2nd Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24756/
[Gillis Home - Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Early American home built around 1890 for Walter Gillis Sr.; owned by Mrs. Roger Gillis in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24771/
[Grady-Lowrey Home - 201 Texas Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built by J. Mason in 1902-03; added to by son-in-law J. C. Clarkson; owned by Mrs. Grady Lowrey in 1976, who is granddaughter of Mason and daughter of Clarkson. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24776/
[Greenwood Home - 407 Griner]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24748/
[Greenwood Park - Greenwood, Garfield, Griner Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Land donated by Frank Greenwood to City of Del Rio for a park with an adobe gazebo; VVCHC restored gazebo in 1972. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24735/
[Griffen Home - Garfield Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe home with 18 inch walls built in 1901; for sale in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24773/
[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]
Photograph taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally built as saloon and opera house; handmade bricks; top floor removed to make a theater operated by Paul Poag; later became Paul Poag Theater for the Performing Arts, operated by City of Del Rio, still in operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24821/
[Hamilton Home - 404 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by L. E. Perry in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24761/
[Hardin Home - 506 Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster. Remodeled. Owned by C. B. Bushager in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24754/
[D.Hart's Dairy and Cheese Factory - Cienegas Road]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Hand-cut rock two-story built in 1880s for dairy and cheese factory; one-story home added in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24729/
[Henson Hotel - 211-221 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1920 as Henson Hotel; in 1976 is used for Wipff's Furniture & Appliance, owned by Dobkin family. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24736/
[Herbst Home - 500 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. Owned by Max Herbst in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24764/
[John Doak Home - 313 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by John Taini in 1906 as a home for rancher John Doak. One story cut rock with gingerbread trim and rock pillows of solid pieces of stone. In 1976 it is Arturo Gonzalez' law office; he is still there in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24788/
[John Owen Glen Home - Gibbs Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly, Mr. Glen was a sutler at Camp Del Rio. When Camp closed, he used lumber from the old buildings to build this home, carrying the lumber in a wheelbarrow and on his shoulders. Owned by Mr. Glen, a descendant, in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24732/
[Joseph Hyman Building - NE Corner Main and Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1890s for Joseph Hyman family which lived on second floor above shops. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24827/
[Julius Franki Home - a - 500 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24802/
[Julius Franki Home - b - 500 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24801/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST