You limited your search to:

  Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
 Language: English
[Duke Home - 108 East Broadway]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home used as an office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24834/
[Madison Gas Station/Store - 109 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Madison's Ford Gas Station and Store on Ogden Street. Reportedly the first Ford agency in Del Rio in 1920. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24848/
[Commercial Building - 119 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a "Motor Company;" later used as warehouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24842/
[Tom Payne Building - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Tin building altered from original construction reportedly sometime between 1885-1900; orginally used as a store; used as a store by Gordon Walton in 1976. (other side of alley for Price Lumber Building) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24830/
[Railroad House - 110 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24845/
[Railroad House - 114 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24847/
[Walton Building - a - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Appears this building is attached to Tom Payne Building and reportedly built as a store in 1922; operated as a store by owner Gordon Walton in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24829/
[Railroad Rooms - 109 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. White and Mr. McGity built early "rooms" for Southern Pacific Railroad employees. Facility is adobe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24843/
[Madison Garage - Corner Martin and South Main Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Mr. Madison's first Ford garage, built by Mr. Randall; later used by school district as bus repair shop. No longer standing. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24840/
[H. J. Ware Building - Rita Theatre - 746 South Main]
Photograph taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally built as saloon and opera house; handmade bricks; top floor removed to make a theater operated by Paul Poag; later became Paul Poag Theater for the Performing Arts, operated by City of Del Rio, still in operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24821/
[Price Lumber Company - a - 43? South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built originally by Mr. Price for the Price Lumber Company; serving as carpet store in 1976. Adobe structure. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24832/
[Qualia Winery - a - Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24804/
[Marcy Martin - Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a grocery store; served as "western" store at time of photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24836/
[Old Del Rio National Bank - SW Corner Main Street and Greenwood]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Designed in 1910 by architect Alfred Giles for Del Rio National Bank; owned by Victor Lee in 1976 as Del Rio Loan Company; 2007 owned by Marty Humphreys and still operated as Del Rio Loan Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24822/
[Pennington Building - 625 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built of brick c. 1990s, originally used as a drug store; May Warren owns and operates store in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24823/
[Ross Drug Store -- 800 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Owned by Ross family who purchased from Mr. Pennington in 1911. Ulric Ross started work in drug store when he was 12 years old. Two story handmade brick with basement, original sign in window of gold gilt, original windows and doors; front cut stone. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24818/
[Joseph Hyman Building - NE Corner Main and Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1890s for Joseph Hyman family which lived on second floor above shops. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24827/
[Tagliabue Store - 609 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. This adobe building with 18 inch walls is reportedly the "seventh house built in Del Rio" about 1873 -- the store was added later. Charlie Tagliabue owned in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24795/
[Cadena Blacksmith Shop - 112 Canal Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Hernan Cadena built and began his blacksmith shop in the 1890s and later provided service to the new automobiles. Owned by Hernan Cadena Jr. in 1976. Still standing as is in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24793/
[Railroad House - 112 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad house built for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24846/
[Qualia Winery - b - Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Qualia started the Val Verde Winery in 1882, making it the oldest continuously operated bonded winery in the state of Texas. Two story barn built of adobe with 18 inch walls, original windows and doors. Son Thomas Qualia operates winery in 1976. Still in family operation in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24803/
[Dietert Home - 208 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24844/
[Old Federal Building - Corner of Main and Broadway]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by the United States government in 1915-16, this Italian Renaissance structure originally housed the Post Office as well as the Federal Court system; c. 1995 it became the Val Verde County Judicial Center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24838/
[Madison Garage - 109 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly the second location for Mr. Madison's Ford Garage, shown here as Del Rio Motor. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24825/
[Del Rio News Herald - Corner Main and Broadway Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly the building originally housed a bakery, restaurant, and print shop during the early 20th century. The Del Rio News Herald covered the original facade to look more modern. At turn of 21st century, The Herald restaurant restored the building to its original look. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24837/
[Walton Building - b - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Same information as Walton Building - a; different view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24828/
[Warner Building - NE Corner Main Street and Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1990s for commercial use; two-story with basement; sold by Dr. Cartall to Mr. Newson in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24824/
[Old City Hall - Fire Station - Police Department - 120 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built 1924 by Charles Siever for the City of Del Rio to house City Hall, Police Department, and Fire Station; used for Del Rio Boys' Club in 1976; shortly after that became home of Del Rio Council for the Arts which is still there in 2007. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24826/
[Bob Burdett Grocery -- Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1928 of brick to serve as a grocery store for Bob Burdett (reportedly a general in Pancho Villa's army). Used as an appliance store in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24814/
[Charles Miller home - 112 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Charles Miller came to Del Rio with the Southern Pacific Railroad as a painter, built one of the first hotels in town, and served as Justice of the Peace; house built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24841/
[Taylor Duke Commercial Building - Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Taylor Duke Meat Market was built by Mr. Randall; later used for other commercial enterprises. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24839/
[F. C. Blaine Home -- Broadway Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly home built by F. C. Blaine in the 1880s who sold it to Mr. Ware (who had built the "Opera House" in 1886, later known as "Rita Theatre" and later as "Paul Poag Theatre"); First Church of Christ Scientist owned home at time of photo. Later note on survey says the building was "destroyed 1978." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24835/