You limited your search to:

  Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Lindheim - Roach McLymont - Bealls -- 801 Canal-Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Louis Lindheim built in 1877 for Roach-McLymont department store; occupied by Bealls in 1976. Two-story handmade brick with basement, enlarged by taking in other buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24819/
[Joseph Hyman Building - NE Corner Main and Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1890s for Joseph Hyman family which lived on second floor above shops. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24827/
[Salvatierra Home - a - Wallen Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1875 of lumber; well in yard. (Reportedly Mr. and Mrs. Salvatierra married in Paula Rivers' yard, and he lived in a sapa along the San Felipe Creek in 1870 when he first came to Del Rio.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24812/
[Duke Home - 108 East Broadway]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home used as an office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24834/
[Madison Gas Station/Store - 109 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Mr. Madison's Ford Gas Station and Store on Ogden Street. Reportedly the first Ford agency in Del Rio in 1920. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24848/
[Julius Franki Home - b - 500 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built between 1883 and 1900 by Julius Franki who came from Italy in 1881, farmed and made wine; adobe walls with wooden shingles. Owned by Heriberto Urby in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24801/
[Commercial Building - 119 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly built as a "Motor Company;" later used as warehouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24842/
[Marini Home - Corner Hudson and Nicholson Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story wood house built in 1912; plastic siding does not ruin lines of building. Neal Kerr owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24808/
[Tom Payne Building - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Tin building altered from original construction reportedly sometime between 1885-1900; orginally used as a store; used as a store by Gordon Walton in 1976. (other side of alley for Price Lumber Building) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24830/
[Old City Hall - Fire Station - Police Department - 120 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built 1924 by Charles Siever for the City of Del Rio to house City Hall, Police Department, and Fire Station; used for Del Rio Boys' Club in 1976; shortly after that became home of Del Rio Council for the Arts which is still there in 2007. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24826/
[Bob Burdett Grocery -- Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1928 of brick to serve as a grocery store for Bob Burdett (reportedly a general in Pancho Villa's army). Used as an appliance store in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24814/
[Walton Building - b - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Same information as Walton Building - a; different view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24828/
[Salvatierra Home - b - Wallen Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1975 of lumber, well in yard. (Reportedly Mr. and Mrs. Salvatierra married in Paula Rivers' yard, and he lived in a sapa along the San Felipe Creek in 1870 whe he first came to Del Rio.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24811/
[Warner Building - NE Corner Main Street and Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by Mr. Taini c. 1990s for commercial use; two-story with basement; sold by Dr. Cartall to Mr. Newson in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24824/
[Railroad House - East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24833/
[Charles Miller home - 112 West Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Charles Miller came to Del Rio with the Southern Pacific Railroad as a painter, built one of the first hotels in town, and served as Justice of the Peace; house built by John Taini. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24841/
[Taylor Duke Commercial Building - Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly Taylor Duke Meat Market was built by Mr. Randall; later used for other commercial enterprises. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24839/
[F. C. Blaine Home -- Broadway Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Reportedly home built by F. C. Blaine in the 1880s who sold it to Mr. Ware (who had built the "Opera House" in 1886, later known as "Rita Theatre" and later as "Paul Poag Theatre"); First Church of Christ Scientist owned home at time of photo. Later note on survey says the building was "destroyed 1978." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24835/
[Foster Home (W. H. Mason) - b - 123 Hudson Drive]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story house built in 1908 for W. H. Mason; wood with plaster finish; wood beams carved and shipped from Italy; hand-painted tile floors with wrought iron trim throughout. Reportedly sulphur well in backyard used for baths. Harold Plocek owns in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24805/
[Galindo Store -- Corner Main and Pafford Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story adobe painted aqua serves as beauty shop operated by Galindo family; former Schunke home (1896). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24817/
[Walton Building - a - 432 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Appears this building is attached to Tom Payne Building and reportedly built as a store in 1922; operated as a store by owner Gordon Walton in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24829/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST