You limited your search to:

  Partner: Val Verde County Historical Commission
[Gillis Home - Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Early American home built around 1890 for Walter Gillis Sr.; owned by Mrs. Roger Gillis in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24771/
[Cassinelli Gin House - b - NE Corner of Academy and Pecan Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Cassinelli was a partner with Italian stonemason John Taini and built this two story rock and brick building in 1904. At one time this was a cotton gin, a store, and later Dr. Garrett's home. In 1976 the vacant building was owned by Mr. Billings. It is a Texas Recorded Historical Landmark and is listed on the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24799/
[Orr House - 401 East Greenwood Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built 1918 for Dr. and Mrs. B. F. Orr. Michael Stool owns it in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24785/
[Ellis Home - Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Perry Ellis built home in the early 1900s; it was for sale in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24779/
[Everett House - 501 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. Owned by Mabel Deaton in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24767/
[Fawcett Home - b - 416 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rancher E. K. Fawcett from Loma Alta built this lumber home plastered with stucco sometime between 1883-1900. His daugher, Mrs. Dan Finegan, owned the home in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24780/
[LaCrosse Home - 109 East 2nd Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rock built in 1905? texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24746/
[Gibons Home - 315 West 2nd Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24756/
[Tagliabue Store - 609 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. This adobe building with 18 inch walls is reportedly the "seventh house built in Del Rio" about 1873 -- the store was added later. Charlie Tagliabue owned in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24795/
[Bochat Home - 400 Nicholson Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe and plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24745/
[Fred Brown Home - 709 Spring]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24737/
[Brown Home - Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe home built about 1900 for Mr. and Mrs. Brown (Hattie) who, reportedly, came to Fort Clark in Brackettville as General Mackenzie's cook in the 1870s then moved to Del Rio with her husband who helped build the railroad. Owned in 1976 by Jossie Mae Hamilton. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24784/
[Teasdale Home - 109 West 2nd Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame; remodeled. Owned by Burt Smith in 1976. Check Marion Russell. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24753/
[Marion Pafford Home - 305 Canal]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by Leslie Schmidt in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24744/
[Griffen Home - Garfield Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe home with 18 inch walls built in 1901; for sale in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24773/
[John Doak Home - 313 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built by John Taini in 1906 as a home for rancher John Doak. One story cut rock with gingerbread trim and rock pillows of solid pieces of stone. In 1976 it is Arturo Gonzalez' law office; he is still there in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24788/
[Wood & Sons Bank - Frank's Hotel - 204 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1885 reportedly as Del Rio's first bank - Wood & Son's Bank; later was Frank's hotel; Mr. Schubert owns the building in 1976 which is used as a residence. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24775/
[Dr. Rose Home - 1100 Griner]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. Owned by Tully Shahan in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24738/
[Weathersbee Home - 315 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern colonial built in 1915. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24778/
[Cadena Blacksmith Shop - 112 Canal Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Hernan Cadena built and began his blacksmith shop in the 1890s and later provided service to the new automobiles. Owned by Hernan Cadena Jr. in 1976. Still standing as is in 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24793/
[Keller Home - 406 Mills]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24762/
[Williams Hospital - 213 East Martin]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Brick and plaster. Reportedly 1920. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24742/
[Tardy Home - 703 Losoya Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built about 1880 for H. C. Tardy who moved back to Sabinal in 1885 after selling the home to Ben Borroum. 1976 owner is Jerrell Edmison. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24783/
[Leinham Home - 302 East 2nd Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian style home; owned by Beulah Daniel in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24730/
[Thurmond Home - 514 East Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24755/
[Greenwood Home - 407 Griner]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Plaster. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24748/
[Swift Home - 400 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Rock and frame. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24747/
[Block Home - End of East Strickland Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe built in 1890s. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24751/
[Price Woods House - 609 Griner]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Two story Victorian built 1907 by Price who owned Del Rio's first lumber yard; altered plastic wood-like siding added by 1976; building subdivided into apartments by 1976 and owned by Dr. Turullahs. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24734/
[Schubert Home - West 1st Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24758/
[Moody House - Las Vacas Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in early 1900s by Bedell Moore of hand cut rock; Moody Foundation owns it in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24769/
[Henson Hotel - 211-221 South Main Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1920 as Henson Hotel; in 1976 is used for Wipff's Furniture & Appliance, owned by Dobkin family. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24736/
[Patton Home - Greenwood Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe house with 18 inch walls built in 1880s. Reportedly Hal Patten came to Del Rio with Mr. Borroum and had a horse-and-buggy taxi. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24786/
[Wood Home - 418 Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Lumber home built between 1886-1890; home to John Wood and later Mr. Almond who served as sheriff and tax collector of Val Verde County. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24777/
[Old Val Verde County Jail - a - 209 Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by John Taini at the same time as the County Courthouse in the same rock. Originally used as a jail, being used as tax office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24790/
[Dr. Rose Home - 509 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Originally one-story rock home; 2nd story frame added by Parker family then remodeled; owned by Elvis Stewart in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24763/
[D.Hart's Dairy and Cheese Factory - Cienegas Road]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Hand-cut rock two-story built in 1880s for dairy and cheese factory; one-story home added in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24729/
[Sneddon Home - 100 East 1st Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24741/
[Kent Home - Bolner Lane]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Adobe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24739/
[Cochran Home - 209 East 8th Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Fame house built by Frank W. Cochran (Madge Horn's father) on Railroad Street then moved to East 8th Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24765/
[Greenwood Park - Greenwood, Garfield, Griner Streets]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Land donated by Frank Greenwood to City of Del Rio for a park with an adobe gazebo; VVCHC restored gazebo in 1972. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24735/
[Val Verde County Courthouse - a - 400 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by Italian stonemason John Taini with hand-cut rock and original windows and doors. Named to the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24792/
[Luke Dowe House - 303 Garfield]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Victorian home built in early 1900s; used as a rental house in 1976 owned by Mrs. Henry Horn; owned by Adrian Falcon in 2008 and operated as an art gallery and beauty salon. Recorded Texas Historical Landmark texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24772/
[Railroad House - 127 East Martin Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Southern Pacific Railroad built house for workers; built by John Taini; carport added later. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24728/
[Willis Home - 507 Greenwood]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24750/
[Hardin Home - 506 Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Frame and plaster. Remodeled. Owned by C. B. Bushager in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24754/
[Val Verde County Courthouse - b - 400 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by Italian stonemason John Taini with hand-cut rock and original windows and doors. Named to the National Register. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24791/
[Wolff House - 806 Pecan Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. One story wood building faced along lower level with old brick recovered from a grist mill built by Mr. Wolff about 1886. Owned by Jack Hill in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24798/
[Malley Home - 514 Spring Street]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24766/
[Old Val Verde County Jail - b - 209 Losoya]
Photo was taken during the Historical Resources Survey of Del Rio, Texas, 1976. Built in 1887 by John Taini at the same time as the County Courthouse in the same rock. Originally used as a jail, being used as tax office in 1976. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24789/